Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

We are done signing completely. The only way we would have another spot is if Grimes, the USC WR transfer, who isn't on campus and I believe technically hasn't signed anything decided to pursue other stuff in the next few months before he'd be due to show up here. So at maximum we'd have 1 if that were to happen.

In fact, we actually will have to have 5-6 departures by the time summer starts to get to the right overall scholarship number.

The head coach stated otherwise per SONs recap on Sunday

Sid: transfers?
PJ: December is for HS players to sign. we try to keep 2-4 scholarships open to bring in transfers, fill void. Treadway is on campus. Big DT from ND, will really help us in this middle, with Smith leaving for NFL and Silver not able to play due to medical reasons. have two more left. use them based on need, what we want. we'll find out in the next few days how it all plays out.

Sounds like 1 remaining with the juco safety on board

The head coach stated otherwise per SONs recap on Sunday

Sid: transfers?
PJ: December is for HS players to sign. we try to keep 2-4 scholarships open to bring in transfers, fill void. Treadway is on campus. Big DT from ND, will really help us in this middle, with Smith leaving for NFL and Silver not able to play due to medical reasons. have two more left. use them based on need, what we want. we'll find out in the next few days how it all plays out.

Sounds like 1 remaining with the juco safety on board

And I'm sure PJ is playing the technicality card here because I'm pretty sure that he still can't talk about Grimes since he hasn't officially signed anything so he's probably included in that. There were two left, Owens took one, and Grimes theoretically has the other though it isn't official and he can't comment on it.

Is there anything for Grimes to sign?? Or does it only become “real”/official when/if he enrolls for class?

No comprende senor...

You said:

Kill was here for 5 years and people are arguing the program was going to continue to rise higher under him. If you think the results were going to be that much better under Tracy, you have to believe he was going to recruit better than Kill did and that the offense was going to improve under him. Either one of these are highly unlikely

based off one season.

Then turned around and criticized dpo for being optimistic based off one season.

Agreed that the class is done. If we get more departures than expected after spring ball and/or the end of the spring semester, there’s always the possibility of adding a guy in the summer (ie, Howden), but you don’t anticipate that.

Got some nice scholly high school guys. Couple nice looking Jucos. Nice grad transfer from Notre Dame. Guess we’re still waiting on Grimes to enroll (prob has to finish spring classes at USC). And a nice group of PWO (including two Maroon shirts, which is really just PWO with a wink).

Probably a low 40’s class nationally. Is what it is.

Fleck is not going to win the Big Ten West by simply out-recruiting/out-talenting the teams. He’s gonna have to rely on coaching the players up and out-scheming, at least for the next couple years still.

You said:

based off one season.

Then turned around and criticized dpo for being optimistic based off one season.

The difference in JG’s case is his conclusion was “pretty obvious” to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

giphy.gif

It would be nice if we had some people who could actually write in town

It was a tweet from his personal account. Not even good enough to be printed in ST. Why even post it??

Nice of our AD to go on National TV and brag about our top 25 rated recruiting class.

Nice of our AD to go on National TV and brag about our top 25 rated recruiting class.

nice! what did he say? the more we can promote the program the better. huge having a top 25 class coming in.

Coyle is prepping himself for a job at MSNBC when he's done at the U.

nice! what did he say? the more we can promote the program the better. huge having a top 25 class coming in.

He also talked about the positive momentum of the team, the strong finish to last year, the energy and urgency the players show, and how well they are doing academically. So, he only lied once - maybe no one will notice.

Super. Isn’t what he meant and isn’t relevant either in April. This is not the first time AD Coyle has used that line. Everyone can go ahead now with the normal “who cares”, etc. posts so they feel better about the fact that our AD feels honesty is optional when speaking to the public. I won’t apologize for wanting him to be.

He also talked about the positive momentum of the team, the strong finish to last year, the energy and urgency the players show, and how well they are doing academically. So, he only lied once - maybe no one will notice.

So if we are currently ranked #16 in 2020 class coming in, were was the lie?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't see the interview, but it definitely would have been a lie if he was talking about the 2019 class, which I presume is why Spoofin brought it up.

I would love to see the interview.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The cult(ure) has really taken hold. I suppose it’s in the neighborhood of almost being truthful.

The Gophers are always Top 25 this time of the year. So, in a way Coyle is not pulling a Pinocchio. Just saying.

IMHO, the Gophers need to be consistently recruiting an average composite ranking of about 86.0 or better.

But, we can't go by this alone. Trust PJ Fleck and company to find hidden gems like Rashod Bateman who initially was a Three-Star. He got him to commit early. Rashod shot up to a Four-Star ranking later long after he inked his Gopher tattoos. Mo Ibrahim was ranked a middling Three-Star at 0.8395.

Last edited:

Top Bottom