Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Unless he is the best in the country and may play on Sundays as UFA aka Peyton Jordahl.

No. I would prefer to use a walk-on spot for a guy that has made a living in the NFL....see Kevin McDermott, or poach a DII kid as a walk-on that did the same thing....see Mike Morris.

ANDERS GELECINSKYJ

Good kicker name.
I don't think I can pronounce it.
He's probably really good.

Would've simply said "Guh-luh-sin-ski" and called it a day .... but they decided to throw a "j" on the end of it??? And look at the dad's name, obviously a take on Vladimir ..... man what the heck country are those names from?

Give him some free Murray’s steaks on an official! Even if he knows he’s not changing on that up here ... let Dunlap and Faslele talk to him.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Darius Robinson https://247sports.com/Player/Darius-Robinson-46049873/

Making a whole lot of assumptions here - Darius Robinson signs here and Gophers keep the rest of the current DL group.

There's a crazy amount of P5 offers in this group

Schad - Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, West Virginia
DeAngelo Carter (last name change from Griffin?) - Arkansas, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina
Richter - none
Cheney - Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Penn State, Miami, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Iowa State, Louisville
Harris - Michigan, Arizona, Florida, Kentucky, Kansas, Illinois, Louisville, Utah
Anderson - Notre Dame, Arkansas, Duke, Michigan State, Nebraska, South Carolina, TCU, Virginia, Purdue, Rutgers, Kentucky, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State
Robinson - Michigan, Missouri, Michigan State, Purdue, Virginia, Colorado, Rutgers, Syracuse, Iowa State, Maryland

Making a whole lot of assumptions here - Darius Robinson signs here and Gophers keep the rest of the current DL group.

There's a crazy amount of P5 offers in this group

Schad - Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, West Virginia
DeAngelo Carter (last name change from Griffin?) - Arkansas, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina
Richter - none
Cheney - Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Penn State, Miami, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Iowa State, Louisville
Harris - Michigan, Arizona, Florida, Kentucky, Kansas, Illinois, Louisville, Utah
Anderson - Notre Dame, Arkansas, Duke, Michigan State, Nebraska, South Carolina, TCU, Virginia, Purdue, Rutgers, Kentucky, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State
Robinson - Michigan, Missouri, Michigan State, Purdue, Virginia, Colorado, Rutgers, Syracuse, Iowa State, Maryland

I thought all the good DTs stayed in the south or went to helmet schools?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So is that the third high profile DT committing to us this week?

Are the Gophers done at 24 recruits?

If they can somehow find room for an OL - Isaiah Hookfin or the former IMG teammate of Dunlap and Faalele, Chris Akporeghene, OR if somehow they can snatch WR Demariyon Houston (4-Star, 0.9120) if he falls through the crack.

You can also never go wrong trying to recruit OLs.

The Gophers in the end may be close to last year's 38th ranking in recruiting. Possibly in the low 40's. Hey I'll take it.

As a program, they have to build up talent and gain wins in order to get better talent and more wins. That's how it goes. The competition aren't taking it lying down.

Last edited:

I have no basis for this, but does the Williams commitment maybe change DeAngello Griffins mind?

It used to be depressing to wait for the NSD.

Now, the last class and this class we have nice surprises!

Agree! Can’t wait for Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom