Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

A huge recruiting weekend coming up with lots of top targets at the U: https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Institution/Minnesota-Golden-Gophers-24044/TimelineEvents

Max Duggan is back again. As is Jason Bargy.

Moses Douglass, a 4-star safety with offers from Alabama, Michigan and about 20 other schools will be here. And 3-4 other recruits.

Whoa Nelly! TJ McDaniel looks like one heck of an RB. It appears he has patience for holes to develop, good vision, and great speed through the seams.

I don't know what level of competition he has in HS. A more important question is how good is his determination to succeed and can he play at the B1G level against faster and stronger Ds?

If he can bust loose like his highlight video he'll quickly become a QB's best friend. Let's hope his interest in the Gophers translates into a commitment.

If we line him up in the back field behind tall timbers like Faalele, Dunlop, Andries, and other big boys, potentially you've got something to compliment a passing game (IF it does improve over previous years).

https://247sports.com/Player/TJ-McDaniel-86272

Whoa Nelly! TJ McDaniel one heck of an RB. It appears he has patience for holes to develop, good vision, and great speed through the seams.

I don't know what level of competition he has in HS. A more important question is how good is his determination to succeed and can he play at the B1G level against faster and stronger Ds?

If he can bust loose like his highlight video he'll quickly become a QB's best friend. Let's hope his interest in the Gophers translates into a commitment.

If we line him up in the back field behind tall timbers like Faalele, Dunlop, Andries, and other big boys, potentially you've got something to compliment a passing game (IF it does improve over previous years).

https://247sports.com/Player/TJ-McDaniel-86272

I think he ends up a safety, but to answer your question, Southlake Carroll plays about the best competition in the country. They are often a top 10 program nationally.

It is good to hear that the Gophers are recruiting from programs like Southlake Carroll. Let's get both TJ and Quinn Carroll for PJ's sake.

Depends on what you like.

Over or under five 4* commits in this class on signing day? I’ll take the over.

You think we will sign six or more 4* kids in the 2019 class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think we will sign six or more 4* kids in the 2019 class?

That would be awesome, but if I were setting a betting line a la Vegas, I'd put the over under at 3.

Oh man, another ban may be in effect due to losing bets! Get the popcorn. Johnny...is that you back there? Add some extra butter to mine please!

Only 4 B1G teams signed 6 or more 4 star (or above) players.
tOSU (23)
PSU (15)
Michigan (7)
Nebraska (6)

That would be awesome, but if I were setting a betting line a la Vegas, I'd put the over under at 3.

That’s what we had last year, and they will have a lot more 4* on campus this year. Add in the new completed facilities, a slight improvement on the field, and PJ continuing to sell his vision, I think we'll see more highly rated commits this year.

If this becomes a bet we need this to be very explicit on the site for ranking. None of this random guys as 4 stars on random sites counting

Not Minnesota recruiting related, but Illinois just had a 5* commit...they now have a 5*, a 4*, and a 3*.

Not Minnesota recruiting related, but Illinois just had a 5* commit...they now have a 5*, a 4*, and a 3*.

On 247 there are 7 Big Ten teams ahead of us. Penn State and Nebraska trail Minnesota. Not sure what that means on March 23rd but I'd prefer to be higher given we spent December, January, February and part of March recruiting 2019's, unlike the limitations of previous years.

On 247 there are 7 Big Ten teams ahead of us. Penn State and Nebraska trail Minnesota. Not sure what that means on March 23rd but I'd prefer to be higher given we spent December, January, February and part of March recruiting 2019's, unlike the limitations of previous years.
I mean things change throughout the season, I was just surprised they landed a five star.

I haven't heard, but if the weather around campus turned out like it in my neck of woods.....let's hope some of those kids really enjoy making snowmen.

Top Bottom