Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I really hope they can keep this guy.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He committed last June to the Gophers on his OV. His stock has been rising and other schools noticed. Both Miami and Florida State offered on November 30. Jonathan Patke from Miami did a home visit on November 29. Gordon is now warm to Miami. It may the offer that he is waiting for. I don't like the looks of this. I wonder if PJ Fleck can do his magic and persuade him to stay committed. Plant City where Gordon IV is from is just east of Tampa.

https://247sports.com/player/james-gordon-iv-93025/

I agree that this will be a big loss. I am hoping the wins against Purdue and Wisconsin and the possibility of playing sooner will convince him to go North.

Last edited:

Folks - we have a very fluid few weeks on the recruiting front. I won't be surprised if there are major changes on commitments and signings. It will be definitely be very different from last year when virtually all the recruits took their officials together last December.

Folks - we have a very fluid few weeks on the recruiting front. I won't be surprised if there are major changes on commitments and signings. It will be definitely be very different from last year when virtually all the recruits took their officials together last December.

I disagree. There will be some changes, but I think the majority of the current class signs on signing day.

I am talking about a couple of recruits like Gordon flipping from the Gophers, and maybe a two or three new surprise additions.

I am talking about a couple of recruits like Gordon flipping from the Gophers, and maybe a two or three new surprise additions.

I don't think Gordon is flipping. He seems very committed, somewhat like Bateman last year. There were 2-3 surprise additions last year, and I think that'll happen most years.

I don't think Gordon is flipping. He seems very committed, somewhat like Bateman last year. There were 2-3 surprise additions last year, and I think that'll happen most years.

I sure hope Gordon sticks. He is a monster. The game changer is if he decides to be close to home.

So I saw rivals found out who mystery DE recruit coming in next week is but it’s a pay wall. Anyone know who it is?

I see. How can you be a Gopher fan when you’ve stated that you’d never set foot in Minnesota? You hate this state so much that you won’t ever come back to it, but you want kids to play their college ball and get an education here.

You’re not a real Gopher fan. A real Gopher fan would be willing to set foot into Minnesota.

#FAKEFAN

Diehard, still waiting for a response. I apologize if I missed it.

Thank you!!

Brown would be good get. He has Alabama offer. Would be awesome if we ended by getting Brown, cheyney/Kristian williams, Hoofkin, and Steven parker

Would be pretty amazing to get 2 WRs with Alabama offers in 1 class...

Our receivers will he really good next year if everyone returns. Johnson and Batemann will be potentially best duo in big ten. Autman-Bell is really good. Douglas is good. I think Jornell Manns will also be really good

Would be pretty amazing to get 2 WRs with Alabama offers in 1 class...

And would have 2 great freshmen too...would potentially redshirt both though with how talented receivers are

I'd like to see a DE, another OT, and/or a DT. But, out recruiting the current talent is PJ's promise.

That is okay if it is not at the sacrifice of areas of need.

I'd like to see a DE, another OT, and/or a DT. But, out recruiting the current talent is PJ's promise.

That is okay if it is not at the sacrifice of areas of need.

Every coach should try to our recruit their current talent. Saban, Meyer, Dabo all do this. I’m glad PJ is upfront about it.

Sounds like Kristian Williams, 4 star DT, loved his official visit

PJ seems to get guys to commit on their OV or not at all. I doubt he ends up here.

Interesting to read these updates but I'll get sick to my stomach if I pay too much attention to this.
Some key guys drawing big offers now. Hopefully they sign, but we will wait.

He has an OV with Mizzou on December 15.

38 degrees and rain projected down here on the 15th but lows in the mid to upper 20s at night. Our road crews in Missouri suck so we will see if we can get that visit cancelled.

38 degrees and rain projected down here on the 15th but lows in the mid to upper 20s at night. Our road crews in Missouri suck so we will see if we can get that visit cancelled.

My daughter and her family barely missed the snow and ice storm in northern Missouri & Iowa coming home after spending Thanksgiving in the Ozarks in Arkansas. There was a big shutdown on I-35 from northern MO to Iowa.

I didn't think Missouri gets that much snow or ice. I guess I was wrong.

So, recruits from MO should be able to get comfortable and adapt to MN weather fairly quickly.

Why we don't we get many recruits from Missouri? I know it is not Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, or Texas that are the recruiting hotbeds. But, there ought to be some decent hidden gems. After Mo Linguist left for Texas A&M, the momentum in the MO recruiting slowed down a little.

Last edited:

My daughter and her family barely missed the snow and ice storm in northern Missouri & Iowa coming home after spending Thanksgiving in the Ozarks in Arkansas. There was a big shutdown on I-35 from northern MO to Iowa.

I didn't think Missouri gets that much snow or ice. I guess I was wrong.

So, recruits from MO should be able to get comfortable and adapt to MN weather fairly quickly.

Why we don't we get many recruits from Missouri? I know it is not Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, or Texas that are the recruiting hotbeds. But, there ought to be some decent hidden gems. After Mo Linguist left for Texas A&M, the momentum in the MO recruiting slowed down a little.

I don't think anything changed when Mo Linguist left. We only signed one Missouri kid while Mo was here, granted it seemed like we were after quite a few. This year we will land Weeks and although MJ Anderson de-committed, he was a Missouri guy. It would be nice to get a better foothold there. At least Fleck is making strong moves in Illinois.

I don't think anything changed when Mo Linguist left. We only signed one Missouri kid while Mo was here, granted it seemed like we were after quite a few. This year we will land Weeks and although MJ Anderson de-committed, he was a Missouri guy. It would be nice to get a better foothold there. At least Fleck is making strong moves in Illinois.

What about D'vion Harris?

per Shooter:

With running backs Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks returning to the Gophers next season, alternating with sophomore Mohamed Ibrahim, it wouldn’t be surprising if Owatonna star Jason Williamson redshirts if Minnesota keeps him as a running back. Otherwise, he is expected to switch positions to safety.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/12/...shares-bond-with-cordarrelle-flash-patterson/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

There seems to be a mad rush by upper level teams to get offers out knowing that the majority of kids will sign on the 19th.

Top Bottom