Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Sounds like not many surprisingly. Personal opinion no sources I feel he waits out and if he gets a big time offer..especially Oklahoma I see him taking it. It sounds like we are currently in the driver seat though.
Some recruiting “experts” are saying more of the low four star high three star kids might wait to the second signing date after watching things play out last year. Some of these kids end up with the five star treatment after the early signings. Is there any news on who else is still after Houston? Might be in the driver seat if OU never offers...and with no offer from OU after all this time who knows if he still wants it.

If I lived in Oklahoma and was offered as a WR, I take that. They have a great offense and send WR's to the draft yearly. Could he make it here? Absolutely. Oklahoma safer bet though. Still, I think we have a good shot with him. If Fleck can play it right until signing day we might even get him then.

Also think we get one more decommit.

That was clarified and Brock stated it was taken out of context and he has nothing bad to say about Fleck

Yep

I feel badly that my comments at the Quincy Exchange Club meeting regarding my Minnesota recruiting process were exaggerated. I have nothing but respect for the Minnesota football program.

— J-Breezy�������� (@jirehlbrock) July 31, 2018

Brock would be a fun add. We have had really solid running backs but he appears to be at another level.

“...I feel badly that my comments at the Quincy Exchange Club meeting regarding my Minnesota recruiting process were exaggerated. I have nothing but respect for the Minnesota football program.

— J-Breezy�������� (@jirehlbrock) July 31, 2018...”

If anyone needs me to translate this, just let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I lived in Oklahoma and was offered as a WR, I take that. They have a great offense and send WR's to the draft yearly. Could he make it here? Absolutely. Oklahoma safer bet though. Still, I think we have a good shot with him. If Fleck can play it right until signing day we might even get him then.

Also think we get one more decommit.

Lot of competition at Oklahoma, guessing that was a factor in him decomittingfrom Texas as they kept grabbing more wrs. Plus Fleck can sell his results with Tyler Johnson and Corey Davis, not to mention his own history as a wr, not many head coaches out there that were WRs that I know of.

Last edited:

I think it’s Barlow personally. I don’t think he did I think it was just bad reporting.

I hope that you are right! Barlow is the one recruit I really hated to lose!! I would take him over Hookfin, Houston, Williams, etc.

To be clear I don’t think we will hey him but i think there’s a slight chance if he’s the one they’re talking too which makes sense as he’s only 2nd top RB in TCU class
I hope that you are right! Barlow is the one recruit I really hated to lose!! I would take him over Hookfin, Houston, Williams, etc.

There’s a rumor that the coaches visited with a commit elsewhere on the offensive side of the ball that visited here this summer. Heard the visit went really well but it will be very tough to flip them whoever it is as i don’t know. Speculation is that it could potentially be Darwin Barlow...maybe Jirehl Brock. Don’t expect anything to come of
Light of this but that’s the rumor

Wouldn't the only options be Barlow, Brock, Doerue, WR Tre Mosley, or OT Joacheim Price?

Joachem Price committed to WMU. He made an OV to MN. Where the Gophers looking for bigger fish back then? Can the Gophers flip him, or does he have qualifying issues?

Darwin Barlow TCU commit with a USC offer after he committed.

Tre Mosley - I don't think we can pry him loose from MSU.

King Doerue would have been a nice addition. Purdue OV came later, and they must have put all the stops to get him.

Jirehl Brock - I thought we'd have a good shot at him when took his OV to MN. But, ISU charmed him. That visit was after MN.

I think these recruits are all done deals.

Joachem Price committed to WMU. He made an OV to MN. Where the Gophers looking for bigger fish back then? Can the Gophers flip him, or does he have qualifying issues?

Darwin Barlow TCU commit with a USC offer after he committed.

Tre Mosley - I don't think we can pry him loose from MSU.

King Doerue would have been a nice addition. Purdue OV came later, and they must have put all the stops to get him.

Jirehl Brock - I thought we'd have a good shot at him when took his OV to MN. But, ISU charmed him. That visit was after MN.

I think these recruits are all done deals.

I would think Price is the most likely just based on need. If one of them is accepting visits from other coaches I'd think they are not quite a done deal.

I noticed today that Kicker Camden Lewis is now listed a soft commit and is visiting Oregon today.

I noticed today that Kicker Camden Lewis is now listed a soft commit and is visiting Oregon today.

I mean, like half of Gopherhole will be happy right? Seemed like half didn't want a scholarship used on special teams...

There isn’t a kicker on our roster next year that has any college FG or PAT game experience, correct?

There isn’t a kicker on our roster next year that has any college FG or PAT game experience, correct?

That's true, it's a bit scary. That said, it's true whether or not Mr. Camden is part of the team. It's true despite Grant Ryers, another scholarship K/P being on the team.

I completely agree with your point, that's always scary. I'm just not sure if a scholarship kicker solves that problem (not that you ever even implied it did).

No worries, I was just clarifying. Couldn’t remember if Carpenter had ever gotten nicked up in a game and someone had to come in and kick during the last few years.

I mean, like half of Gopherhole will be happy right? Seemed like half didn't want a scholarship used on special teams...

I'm fine with a kicker, but a 4 year scholly for a longsnapper is where I take issue.

I'm fine with a kicker, but a 4 year scholly for a longsnapper is where I take issue.

If he ends up being the primary long snapper for the entire 4 years, I have no problem with it. But that's not a certainty. Anyone know how long Jordahl was on scholarship?

Top Bottom