Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Robinson is an academic casualty. Sounds like he was told it wouldn’t work here. Not sure if he’ll land anywhere due to academics.

Houston I don't think there is any chance, unless Texas says no room left and an offer from OU never comes.

Brown though could be interesting. Even though his page shows Maryland 100%, it shows us and Iowa St as warm (no one else, including Maryland) and a visit to Ames scheduled for this weekend. Guessing he'll pick after that.

I don’t think Texas is a player for Houston anymore, he decommited from there and started taking visits.

I don’t think Texas is a player for Houston anymore, he decommited from there and started taking visits.

Well we might get back one of our decommits. I guess it just depends if something better comes up .... what would be better for him than Texas? I can only think OU.

Robinson is an academic casualty. Sounds like he was told it wouldn’t work here. Not sure if he’ll land anywhere due to academics.

Unless his academics are REALLY bad, in which case I'd think schools would know about that early .... then my guess is that's just an excuse. All of these Big Ten schools, except Northwestern, are huge, public institutions ... they absolutely have a margin/quota to take on underperforming kids, giving them a chance to improve, get out of poverty, underrepresented race/gender/etc.

Unless his academics are REALLY bad, in which case I'd think schools would know about that early .... then my guess is that's just an excuse. All of these Big Ten schools, except Northwestern, are huge, public institutions ... they absolutely have a margin/quota to take on underperforming kids, giving them a chance to improve, get out of poverty, underrepresented race/gender/etc.

It sounds like he was an academic risk before he committed. Grades didn't improve. I read he will be lucky to sign anywhere in December or February with his grades. Not saying it won't happy, just what I read.

Not necessarily grades always. It can be that they don't have required classes or grades in certain classes. I've always heard that if you don't have things in line by your 10th grade year, it is hard to get things straitened out. Also the U doesn't have a general college to allow kids to get grades up like it did back in the late 90's.

It sounds like he was an academic risk before he committed. Grades didn't improve. I read he will be lucky to sign anywhere in December or February with his grades. Not saying it won't happy, just what I read.

Fair enough, appreciate it!

Not necessarily grades always. It can be that they don't have required classes or grades in certain classes. I've always heard that if you don't have things in line by your 10th grade year, it is hard to get things straitened out. Also the U doesn't have a general college to allow kids to get grades up like it did back in the late 90's.

But they do absolutely have programs, even things funded by grants, to take on underperforming students. So long as he met the NCAA DI minimum academic requirements, which are far, far below the average incoming U freshman performance, there would be a way to get him in the class. Wouldn't be a problem, guarantee it.

If he's not even meeting DI minimums, then that's way too low.

Fair enough, appreciate it!

But they do absolutely have programs, even things funded by grants, to take on underperforming students. So long as he met the NCAA DI minimum academic requirements, which are far, far below the average incoming U freshman performance, there would be a way to get him in the class. Wouldn't be a problem, guarantee it.

If he's not even meeting DI minimums, then that's way too low.

You're right. But if you're going to take a high risk kid, he better be high reward on the field. I don't think PJ is going to sacrifice culture for a fringe kid. Not saying its right.

However, it does sound like this particular case is that he won't get into any school, not just Minnesota.

I don't want to alarm anyone but Hollywood Houston retweeted me. I just have a good feeling about this guy.

Just joshing with you, but is spelling one of the required classes?

The problem I have with the NCAA is that they often look at class labels and not class content. Of course, there are always the test scores that are taken into account as well.

I don't want to alarm anyone but Hollywood Houston retweeted me. I just have a good feeling about this guy.

I like recruits who go by cool nicknames. Hollywood Houston qualifies. Same reason I wish Pitino had got Rocket Watts.

This is an odd one. Decommitted, but was here for his official this past weekend. As far as I know, he didn't take any other visits. This seems like he is coming back to the U, yeah?

Hope he stays away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decommits, looks around- fine. But then the "look at me- I'm going to commit so everyone pay attention". Not elite, not PJs culture.

What was the "look at me thing" you are referring to?

What was the "look at me thing" you are referring to?

His announcement he was announcing (reannouncing?) his commitment on Wednesday. You can wait with great anticipation if you'd like- I'll look forward to announcements from guys who haven't decommitted from us once already and now think we're waiting with bated breath on his ultimate teaser.

His announcement he was announcing (reannouncing?) his commitment on Wednesday. You can wait with great anticipation if you'd like- I'll look forward to announcements from guys who haven't decommitted from us once already and now think we're waiting with bated breath on his ultimate teaser.

I'm assuming he is committing to us again since he didn't take any other visits. I'll take talent over etiquette.

I like recruits who go by cool nicknames. Hollywood Houston qualifies. Same reason I wish Pitino had got Rocket Watts.

Yeah I really was hoping Squirrel was the quick nut in the hoop scorer that Pitino needed that year too.

I'm assuming he is committing to us again since he didn't take any other visits. I'll take talent over etiquette.

Fair enough- to me lacks the FAMILY aspect of the culture.

Actually, yes I enjoy Twitter. I am pretty sure Gopher Football sent out a couple of notifications during last years recruiting and signing day to please not send recruits direct messages on Twitter. Maybe the protocol has changed.

Actually, yes I enjoy Twitter. I am pretty sure Gopher Football sent out a couple of notifications during last years recruiting and signing day to please not send recruits direct messages on Twitter. Maybe the protocol has changed.

You think the Gopher police will arrest me for wishing a recruit a safe trip back home? God I hope PJ doesn’t call me out for my politeness!

Decommits, looks around- fine. But then the "look at me- I'm going to commit so everyone pay attention". Not elite, not PJs culture.

You’re very sensitive about this. Can I ask if you’re in management? I see **** like this weekly and it’s mostly from good people just trying to get more out of life. Maybe he was expecting something that didn’t happen. Maybe PJ won him back on the visit. You don’t know anything about about him or his situation.

Top Bottom