Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Barlow just won a Texas state championship and was named MVP. My wild guess is that he feels he should be playing at A&M, Texas, OU, or LSU.

Its weird that people don't give Mo much credit. He had more yards as a freshman than everyone not named Maroney - and he missed 2-3 games! I think its way too early to say he won't be as good as Rodney or Shannon.

Totally agree.

Barlow just won a Texas state championship and was named MVP. My wild guess is that he feels he should be playing at A&M, Texas, OU, or LSU.

Are you saying that a good HS football player from Texas might be interested in A&M, Texas, OU or LSU? That does make sense. . .

Its weird that people don't give Mo much credit. He had more yards as a freshman than everyone not named Maroney - and he missed 2-3 games! I think its way too early to say he won't be as good as Rodney or Shannon.

That's cause we don't have the sexy zone blocking scheme that allows for pretty looking runs of 5 yards where the ball carrier is free and clear on the camera.

The mesh point is not sexy, but Mo does a very good job of grabbing the ball and finding 5 yards. He also has the occasional 30 yarder that makes him a very nice running back. David Cobb wasn't sexy either, but we all loved his career.

No.

Maybe next time put two spaces between each period at the end?

That isn't what you were saying?

As to your second point, neither of my sentences ended in a period. However, it's now thought of as pretty outdated to put two spaces after a period. It's okay, it's not incorrect to continue with the two spaces, but any job that required professional writing would frown on the practice. I do admit, it was a hard habit for me to break. I also didn't really use the ellipses correct. I used it in a common way, but it wasn't technically correct.

We can continue talking grammar or you can hit us with a couple more of those hot takes!

As to your second point, neither of my sentences ended in a period. However, it's now thought of as pretty outdated to put two spaces after a period. It's okay, it's not incorrect to continue with the two spaces, but any job that required professional writing would frown on the practice. I do admit, it was a hard habit for me to break. I also didn't really use the ellipses correct. I used it in a common way, but it wasn't technically correct.

We can continue talking grammar or you can hit us with a couple more of those hot takes!

I always put two spaces after a . I refuse to change. My son’s English teacher takes points off if they do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always put two spaces after a . I refuse to change. My son’s English teacher takes points off if they do it.

It's a hard habit to break when your typing teacher made you practice it so many times!

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I've never heard of putting 2 spaces after a "." On my iphone i use to be able to insert a "." by hitting space twice. It was wonderful then they took it away on an update. :cry:

Do we have 3 RBs in this class, or zero? I have no idea and rated this group a C. Which is maybe being generous. They are going to give Williamson a shot, but I would bet he ends up on defense. Wiley is a tremendous athlete, but he also seems better fitted to strong safety or OLB. Potts seems a little Berkley Edwardsish to me. A role player with some speed who could run jet sweeps or catch some screen passes, but I don't see him as a guy that can handle 20 carries a game in the B1G or run between the tackles consistently. For all of Fleck's success recruiting, he is still searching for a big-time back that is the equivalent of at least Rodney or Shannon.

This. After this year, RB has been my #1 recruiting disappointment in the Fleck era. You have to give some credit for Rodney and Shannon, but I think they out-performed expectations.

Yeah I don’t understand the feeling that Ibrahim is worse then Brooks and Smith, his stats are just as good. Plus we don’t really know what Edmonds or Williams can become.

One thing: speed, or lack thereof. Ibrahim has shown nice wiggle and power, but he lacks speed.

Weird.

On Microsoft Word and google docs, if you put two spaces after a period, it automatically capitalizes the first letter of the next word indicating that it is correct to do so in between sentences.

Weird.

On Microsoft Word and google docs, if you put two spaces after a period, it automatically capitalizes the first letter of the next word indicating that it is correct to do so in between sentences.

Well, since we've totally tangented off the subject of the thread, I believe on my Android, if I hit space twice after a letter, it puts a period, then a space and then capitalizes the first letter in the next word.

Did we recruit Jonathan Taylor out of highschool what a recruiting miss that was.He'd look good at Minnesota

I've never heard of putting 2 spaces after a "." On my iphone i use to be able to insert a "." by hitting space twice. It was wonderful then they took it away on an update. :cry:
It's from the typewriter era, which was just doing out when I was in high school (early 90s).

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I've been a professional writer for more than two decades. Every place I've worked follows APA guidelines, which still maintain two spaces are correct.

Funny this should come up (on a football board no less) as I'm an academic and just got in a disagreement with a colleague about it the other day. APA still recommends two spaces after a period and I will NEVER stop doing it. I'm not sure when the "one space" movement started.
Must be the difference between academic, professional, and casual writing.

Spacing (4.01). Regarding punctuation in manuscript drafts, APA suggests using two spaces after periods ending sentences to aid readability.

This is an all time great tangent. Regarding my sentence - dash or no dash?

I've been a professional writer for more than two decades. Every place I've worked follows APA guidelines, which still maintain two spaces are correct.

Yep. Most colleges require papers in APA, but maybe they've relaxed on the double space.

Top Bottom