Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I'm assuming you mean an additional OL or two since we have an OT Guedet and OG Cooper.

I wouldn't be opposed to another lineman or two - wouldn't want to reach though.

It's going to be interesting if Oseland and/or Dovich return next year. I'm just talking out of my @ss but neither is a starter or getting much playing time (currently) and there are youngsters in the pipeline. If they were to both leave, that would leave 14 scholarship lineman next year including the current commits (6 OT, 6 OG, 2 C). Not enough for a 3 deep. I know there will be walkon's as well but still a bit unnerving to think about.

They might be asked to graduate after this year, and either transfer to otherwise depart the program. That is a wild guess not based on anything, as you say out of my rear end. But two schollys is two schollys.

If you take three OL a year, in theory that's 15 and seems like it should be more than enough to have 15 guys in the OL meeting room for spring. Yes walkons can fill some holes on the scout team in fall. But ,,, stuff happens and there is always some turnover year-to-year that wasn't expected.

I assume this is a PWO offer?

Why would we if, in theory, ZA and TM are coming back, as well as Clark and Kramer both coming in for for spring 2019?? Perhaps expecting some guys to leave after spring and want to have a scout team guy in the fall?

His twitter says NDSU commit. 247 doesn't have a rating for him.

Why would we if, in theory, ZA and TM are coming back, as well as Clark and Kramer both coming in for for spring 2019?? Perhaps expecting some guys to leave after spring and want to have a scout team guy in the fall?

My idea is that either Santaga will move back to DB, TM2 transfers, or the staff is moving on from Pickerign or Santaga

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

My idea is that either Santaga will move back to DB, TM2 transfers, or the staff is moving on from Pickerign or Santaga

Offering this kid a PWO has absolutely nothing to do with our current roster. It's just depth. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with Santaga or Pickerign.

Offering this kid a PWO has absolutely nothing to do with our current roster. It's just depth. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with Santaga or Pickerign.

I just doubt we'll have 7 guys in the quarterbacks room.

He's has nice height to be QB and some nice attributes he displayed in HS. You never know how this kid will develop. It is nice to have depth, but it will be a great bonus if he develops into something.

In the meantime, we need all three QBs that we have - Annexstad, Green, and Morgan. Next year, we add Clark and Kramer to the mix. I'd say we are moving in the right direction in developing the most important position.

He’s not considering us, right?

He should. With Nebraska being a dumpster fire this year and Wisconsin recruiting a 5 star for 2019 and two instate 4 star OTs in 2020, Minnesota has to be looking better and better every day.

Is he a victim of fake news someone is feeding him about the Gophers? He is really mum compared to Quinn Carroll.

At least Quinn was very public about his decision making process, was open and decisive up front.

Is he a victim of fake news someone is feeding him about the Gophers? He is really mum compared to Quinn Carroll.

At least Quinn was very public about his decision making process, was open and decisive up front.

I had rather have a quiet and reserved Barnhart who hasn’t committed anywhere than a flaming ND commit.

Jalen Graham has announced he’s making his decision this week.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Currently, our 2019 recruiting class has the lowest average composite rating in the conference besides Rutgers.

Is the recruiting that much better? Jerry didn’t have a facility like Fleck has now to sell to the hs players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently, our 2019 recruiting class has the lowest average composite rating in the conference besides Rutgers.

Is the recruiting that much better? Jerry didn’t have a facility like Fleck has now to sell to the hs players.

Its a question of whether you trust the coaches more than the recruiting service to evaluate players. Composite ranking may or may not mean squat. Let's see the product on the field and decide. I don't care what the ratings of Wide Receivers have been for the last 6 years. I can tell you Fleck and Company has talent light years better then Kill ever did.

It’s not surprising that a team not named Michigan or Ohio St is in that position with basically a full class already. By having so many more recruits chances are the average ranking will be lower. Just like we probably reached on a few guys to fill up the class in August, others teams won’t get everyone they want to fill their classes and their average rankings are likely to come down.

It’s not surprising that a team not named Michigan or Ohio St is in that position with basically a full class already. By having so many more recruits chances are the average ranking will be lower. Just like we probably reached on a few guys to fill up the class in August, others teams won’t get everyone they want to fill their classes and their average rankings are likely to come down.

Good point there. I haven’t done the look back to see where this class’ average composite ranking would finished historically in the conference.

Keep in mind this is a bit of an unusual year where the Gophers offered a K (82) and a LS (79). That brings the average down a bit. I'll let someone else do the actual math.

I will add that some of the lower rated recruits still have some decent P5 offers. DeAngelo Griffin (83) for example has offers from Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Indiana, Wake Forest.

I’m surprised our new PWO QB doesn’t have a d1 offer. He seems like a steal

Keep in mind this is a bit of an unusual year where the Gophers offered a K (82) and a LS (79). That brings the average down a bit. I'll let someone else do the actual math.

I will add that some of the lower rated recruits still have some decent P5 offers. DeAngelo Griffin (83) for example has offers from Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Indiana, Wake Forest.

===============
.9233 - Bargy
.8788 - Nubin
.8743 - Adim-Madumere
.8739 - Schad
.8709 - Clark
.8622 - Harris
.8614 - Guedet
.8593 - Willis
.8526 - Gordon
.8485 - Richter
.8484 - Anderson