Page 242 of 248 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 3712

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    Interesting.
    He is the typical kind of guy who would have a great career at one of the dakotas and Minnesota fans 5 years later ask if we made a mistake
    Yeah, I fully acknowledge the staff knows more than I do about particular recruits, but if we are going to add another RB to this class, I hope it's Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    Yeah, I fully acknowledge the staff knows more than I do about ALL recruits, but if we are going to add another RB to this class, I hope it's Hull.
    Fixed it for you

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeGolfing View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Yep, ALL particular recruits rather than recruiting generally (where reasonable people could disagree).

Dang, looks like we aren't getting Houston. I really wanted that guy to round our class. I would now be very disappointed if we didn't end up signing Williams.

https://n.rivals.com/news/five-most-...in-the-midwest

"He took his first official visit of the process to Minnesota the weekend of Dec. 7, and while the trip went fine he has since decided that will not be the destination for him"
    Last edited by die hard gopher; 01-11-2019 at 12:55 AM.

Blog Entries

It's a tough fight against the big dogs. If the Gophers were 8-5 or 9-4, I wonder... Does one or two extra victories make a difference?

Nebraska got Benhart, and if they get Houston that will be a major bummer. Let him go outside of the Big Ten.

Williams is going to be tough to get with all the late attention.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    It's a tough fight against the big dogs. If the Gophers were 8-5 or 9-4, I wonder... Does one or two extra victories make a difference?
    I don't think it would have made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    I don't think it would have made a difference.
    Yeh, I'm not sure if a single win makes that much difference. How would you even measure that to determine, and would the correlation be that strong?

I think to improve you need to kind of do it in stages. Start getting consistent top 40 classes for a few years. Then maybe break top 25 for a few years. Then maybe get a top 10 class.

There are few instances of teams that have really climbed the ladder consistently enough to diagnose what it was that did it.
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    Yeh, I'm not sure if a single win makes that much difference. How would you even measure that to determine, and would the correlation be that strong?

I think to improve you need to kind of do it in stages. Start getting consistent top 40 classes for a few years. Then maybe break top 25 for a few years. Then maybe get a top 10 class.

There are few instances of teams that have really climbed the ladder consistently enough to diagnose what it was that did it.
    I think what those type of players (the type that are looking at win-loss records) want to see is a sustained level of winning like stringing together at least a few 9 or 10 win seasons. I don't think one season will make that big of a difference.

Houston is from OKC and de-committed on Texas for what I can only guess was the hope and prayer that OU would offer. And that offer just refuses to come about.

He'll have to settle for offers from Nebraska, Colorado, Penn State, and Alabama. What a bummer for him! Hope he picks either Colorado or Alabama, but would prefer Penn St over Nebraska.

Looks like there are potential official visitors this weekend according to Burns. That's Darwin Barlow in the picture, so educated guess he's one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WinLoseOrTy View Post
    Looks like there are potential official visitors this weekend according to Burns. That's Darwin Barlow in the picture, so educated guess he's one of them.

I would guess Barlow isn't one of them as he officially visited over the summer (June 19th) according to his 247 sports profile https://247sports.com/Player/Darwin-Barlow-46036294/ . Maybe he's unofficially visiting, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by WiddleWatkins View Post
    I would guess Barlow isn't one of them as he officially visited over the summer (June 19th) according to his 247 sports profile https://247sports.com/Player/Darwin-Barlow-46036294/ . Maybe he's unofficially visiting, but I doubt it.
    I suppose that makes sense

Interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by sirloin1078 View Post
    Interesting....

This guy?

Quote Originally Posted by WinLoseOrTy View Post
    Notre Dame has a few grad transfers. I'm assuming it's one of them.