Page 240 of 248 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 3712
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    Oklahoma just got a commitment from another 5-star WR. Jadon Haselwood.
    That lowers the chances Hollywood gets an offer I would presume.

There’s zero chance OU offers Houston now. Texas is out of play as well. That’s why I say it’s down to Minnesota and Penn State.

Blog Entries

We've got thirty days until Feb. 26, 2019 NSD. Anything can happen I hope for the good.

I have hope for Houston. Williams, not so much. Will there be a wild surprise or two?
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    We've got thirty days until Feb. 26, 2019 NSD. Anything can happen I hope for the good.

I have hope for Houston. Williams, not so much. Will there be a wild surprise or two?
    Feb 06*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGopher12 View Post
    Feb 06*
    Typo - thanks

Why not have hope for Williams?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    Why not have hope for Williams?
    I don't know exactly. He is from Memphis TN. The home state Volunteers offered him late. In the case of Oregon, they have a top seven recruiting class already and they have all the bling-blings.

PJ Fleck is in a battle for sure.

7. Default

I wasn't going to comment until Feb., but I'm going to make 1 more comment. The focus is on Houston/Williams, and either one would be a great addition. I want to explain why I bring Darwin Barlow into the mix. Once it became clear that Quinn Carroll was going to Notre Dame, Barlow became my top target. He scored 42 TD's as a junior, and he was the MVP for the state champs as a sr. When I watch his highlights, I see speed and elusiveness with would be a great complement to Ibrahim's "smash mouth" style. Since I expect the Gophers to have future battles with TCU, I'd like to win this one. I read once that the Gophers have continued to recruit a RB since last summer, and I'm guessing that it's Barlow.

Nolan Edmonds redshirted right?

So our RB depth will be
    2 SR
    0 JR
    2 SO
    1 RS FR
    2/3 Incoming freshmen w/o Barlow? Does it make sense to use another scholarship there?

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post

So our RB depth will be
    2 SR
    0 JR
    2 SO
    1 RS FR
    2/3 Incoming freshmen w/o Barlow? Does it make sense to use another scholarship there?
    Barlow was the mvp for the Texas state championship game. You have room for that talent on this roster..

Quote Originally Posted by stuck_in_scony_go4_fan View Post
    Barlow was the mvp for the Texas state championship game. You have room for that talent on this roster..
    He played 3A ball, which has two divisions. I'm not sure which division his school is in, but division one has a max enrollment of 479 and division 2 has a max enrollment of 318. I get it's Texas, but I find it highly unlikely that 3A Texas ball is better than 6A MN ball. I think Barlow is a bit over rated on here. I don't think he is the sure fire talent that would take or RBs to another level that some seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post

So our RB depth will be
    2 SR
    0 JR
    2 SO
    1 RS FR
    I also expect Williams to redshirt next year unless there are a bunch of injuries again.

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    I get it's Texas, but I find it highly unlikely that 3A Texas ball is better than 6A MN ball.
    Preposterous Statement

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeGolfing View Post
    Preposterous Statement
    It's not at all preposterous. Do you think that a school with 300-500 students would be favored to beat Eden Prairie, a school with around 2,900 students?

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    I also expect Williams to redshirt next year unless there are a bunch of injuries again.
    Even then, it would have to be a lot of injuries to play Bryce Williams in more than 4 games.
    Or
    Bryce becomes such a good runner than he breaks the top 3 RB position.
    But with Edmonds available and the new freshmen getting 4 games, they should be able to keep Williams to 4 games if they want to.
    Go Gophers!

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    It's not at all preposterous. Do you think that a school with 300-500 students would be favored to beat Eden Prairie, a school with around 2,900 students?
    I can't speak for all of Texas 3A and I certainly can't speak for Eden Prairie, but Newton has 4 Division 1 players from the 2019 class, 3 of which are committed to Power 5 programs.

MaxPreps has Newton ranked at #231 team in the country and Eden Prairie is #586.
    Last edited by GoGoGopher12; 01-07-2019 at 01:49 PM.