Page 239 of 248 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 3712

Anyone saying that Houston is no big deal, is off their rocker. He'd be a very big deal. Houston vs Williams, is a reasonable debate, but the idea that either of them aren't important, is silly.

Blog Entries

Like I said, game changers.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Do you envision him playing slot & competing with CAB & DD? Those guys go 200lbs & 190lbs respectively. I'd be shocked if Houston weighed 160lbs. I kind of see him as a Z, the same position as Tyler Johnson, who goes 200lbs as well.

All I'm saying is people often underestimate how hard it is to transition to WR at the college level. It doesn't matter how fast you are if a 5th year Sr jams you at the LOS every play & you can't get into your route. It doesn't matter how well you can catch, if the team can't run to your side of the field, because you can't block your man.

I think Houston would be a very, very good player for us, but I think he's a Z, not a slot guy and I think he'd almost certainly need a year to get stronger.
    Here’s 4 pretty big contributors at Alabama

Jaylen Waddle 177lbs
    Devonta Smith173
    Henry Ruggs lll 183
    Jerry Jeudy 192

I’d say Houston at 165 lbs works for Minnesota just fine.
    Last edited by Deckergopher; 01-01-2019 at 12:34 PM. Reason: America

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Anyone saying that Houston is no big deal, is off their rocker. He'd be a very big deal. Houston vs Williams, is a reasonable debate, but the idea that either of them aren't important, is silly.
    Agreed, he's a playmaker, the Gophers offense has been sorely lacking in those over the past several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckergopher View Post

Jaylen Waddle 177lbs
    Devonta Smith173
    Henry Ruggs lll 183
    Jerry Jeudy 192

He looks more solidly put together than Ihmir Smith Marsette, I think we all agree we wish he had stayed committed to us, or at least not gone to Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    He looks more solidly put together than Ihmir Smith Marsette, I think we all agree we wish he had stayed committed to us, or at least not gone to Iowa.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckergopher View Post

Jaylen Waddle 177lbs
    Devonta Smith173
    Henry Ruggs lll 183
    Jerry Jeudy 192

Not very good comparisons. Waddle's 5' 9.5" @ 177lbs. That's not particularly thin. Jeudy's 30 lbs heavier than Houston. Ruggs is 20 lbs heavier. Smith is the closest comparison.

It's possible he could add enough weight/strength to play a Freshman? At his current size, I'd be very surprised if he could play as a true Freshman.

A couple blurbs from Rivals evaluation of Houston:

"A very lean 6-foot, 165-pound frame. Will need to add bulk to strengthen overall build."

"Absolutely must add bulk and strength to combat bigger, stronger defenders in college. Can improve consistency as a hands catcher to keep the ball away from his body. Faces significant adjustment in competition level going from small-school Oklahoma high school football to Power Five level. Possible NFL draft pick with proper physical development."

Blog Entries

Maybe being lanky as compared to available elite WRs might help him drop into the Gophers lap.

Just maybe.

Oklahoma has an offer out to Georgia 5-Star 6' 2.5" 196 lbs WR Jadon Hasselwood (0.9968) #13 nat'l ranked player who is 89% OK lean. They also have an offer out to Texas 4-Star 6' 1" 183 lbs WR Arjei Henderson (0.9449) #283 nat'l ranked player who is 67% OK lean.

I don't know for sure, but I think the Gophers have a better shot at him than Kristian Williams who has interest from Oregon and Home State Tennessee.

Blog Entries

We should take both WIlliams and Hasselwood.
    Kingdom Warriors

Well the #1 WR in the country Jadon Hazelwood just committed to Oklahoma. They now have three 5 star WR's committed, two of which are top 4 overall players in the country according to Rivals. Hazelwood is also a teammate of Rashad Cheyney.

Hopefully Demariyon Houston stops holding out for an offer from them and this accelerates his recruiting situation.
    Last edited by die hard gopher; 01-05-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Times a ticking. Demariyon Houston has Texas as favorite. I expect the remaining holdouts will start to settle their landing spots soon.

What will PJ Fleck do with remaining scholies if all the players under the Gophers radar commit elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    Times a ticking. Demariyon Houston has Texas as favorite. I expect the remaining holdouts will start to settle their landing spots soon.

What will PJ Fleck do with remaining scholies if all the players under the Gophers radar commit elsewhere?
    A lot of those CB’s were made when he was still committed to Texas. I think Texas has moved on. It seems like it will come down to us and Nebraska for Houston. Not sure if he’s a priority for Nebraska or not but there was buzz about him visiting there about a month ago. Otherwise I’m sure we are keeping an eye on the transfer portal. Still more to come I’m sure.

14. Default

Yeah. I think it’s down to Penn State and Minnesota for Houston. Saw he got an offer from them a week or so ago.

Oklahoma just got a commitment from another 5-star WR. Jadon Haselwood.
    That lowers the chances Hollywood gets an offer I would presume.
    Go Gophers!