Page 230 of 262 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3917

Quote Originally Posted by stuck_in_scony_go4_fan View Post
    So many different stories on how scholorships work, I'm tired of it. I'm just going to let the staff figure it out. Meanwhile I'll just sit and pregame for next wed
    From what I understand WLoT is right. It was rule change passed in June of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

This class will finish in the 40's. J. Kill range. Book it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1967 2.0 View Post

Which class of Kill's was in the 40s?

Must be fun to cheer against "your program" in hopes of being right on a message board! Happy holidays!

This class got a 4 star qb, making it irrelevant to any Jerry Kill class.

Blog Entries

I don't care so much if the Gophers are in the low forties or high thirties. I am pretty pleased with the kids they have signed for the 2019 Class. Getting Kristian Williams or any of the Four-Star options between now as the February NSD will be icing on the cake.

Beating Purdue and Wisconsin was pretty important as far as recruiting is concerned. The Badger Rout is the story of the year for the Gophers.

Take it one step at a time. Next year, they win more games and the caliber of recruits will go up a few notches too.
    Last edited by hungan1; 12-20-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    I don't care so much if the Gophers are in the low forties or high thirties. I am pretty pleased with the kids they have signed for the 2019 Class. Getting Kristian Williams or any of the Four-Star options between now as the February NSD will be icing on the cake.

Beating Purdue and Wisconsin was pretty important as far as recruiting is concerned. The Badger Rout is the story of the year for the Gophers.

Take it one step at a time. Next year, if they win more games the caliber of recruits will go up a few notches too.
    Refresh my memory. Do you have to win more games to get better recruits, or do you have to get better recruits to win more games? I've seen both notions presented on this board at various times.

Translation: I’m dumb as a stump. Book it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    Refresh my memory. Do you have to win more games to get better recruits, or do you have to get better recruits to win more games? I've seen both notions presented on this board at various times.
    You can take it backwards or forwards. You pick.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Hey Some Day,

F.A.M.I.L.Y.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    Depends on the day and whatever argument the folks that think PJ Fleck walks on water and every single thing he does is the bestestest ever! say.

We are getting better recruits. So is our competition. We're dropping relative to the other teams in the Big Ten west. Doesn't mean we didn't sign better players. Does mean we're losing the recruiting wars in the Big Ten. Fleck was hired to win them.
    If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

Quote Originally Posted by caliGopher View Post
    Depends on the day and whatever argument the folks that think PJ Fleck walks on water and every single thing he does is the bestestest ever! say.

We are getting better recruits. So is our competition. We're dropping relative to the other teams in the Big Ten west. Doesn't mean we didn't sign better players. Does mean we're losing the recruiting wars in the Big Ten. Fleck was hired to win them.
    Oh, you keep trying.

To answer the question, it appears you improve your recruiting a bit, your team performs a bit better, you go back and recruit, hopefully a little better, then you hopefully coach better and have a better team the following year, then you go back and recruit for spots you need improvement, that recruiting class likely won't be as good as the last two due to numbers, then you try to improve the players you have, and coach better, and win more games. Then you go back and hopefully recruit better than you did before, and if you don't you hope to develop your players better, and coach better, so you win more, so you can recruit better, or recruiter guys that might not appear to be better that you can develop better.

If for the sake of arguments sake, you want a magic pill as caliGopher wants, you'll never be successful.
    In the internet era, coaches have never come in and improved recruiting classes from bottom of the big ten and improved it 12 spots in one or two years.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    Oh, you keep trying.

To answer the question, it appears you improve your recruiting a bit, your team performs a bit better, you go back and recruit, hopefully a little better, then you hopefully coach better and have a better team the following year, then you go back and recruit for spots you need improvement, that recruiting class likely won't be as good as the last two due to numbers, then you try to improve the players you have, and coach better, and win more games. Then you go back and hopefully recruit better than you did before, and if you don't you hope to develop your players better, and coach better, so you win more, so you can recruit better, or recruiter guys that might not appear to be better that you can develop better.

If for the sake of arguments sake, you want a magic pill as caliGopher wants, you'll never be successful.
    In the internet era, coaches have never come in and improved recruiting classes from bottom of the big ten and improved it 12 spots in one or two years.
    Those are facts, it's a long road. Very long!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

How many times did Jerry Kill or any recent Gopher coach win recruiting battles with Georgia, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc? Oh that's right....

Nebraska is the only team in the west that landed better classes than the gophers both years, we out recruited Iowa and NW both years. Fleck is winning plenty of recruiting wars.