Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I could see ZA getting a job as a coaching assistant after he graduates.

I could see ZA getting a job as a coaching assistant after he graduates.

Totally agree. Funny thing is after just 3 games this season some folks were alluding he would go pro after 3 years... My head still hurts from the face-palm.

I mean, he won the job last spring as a high school true freshman early enrollee. I would not count him out of the QB spot this spring either.

Re: Howden getting a scholarship in January ... that must also be true of Zack Annexstad, right? Some have speculated that his brother's scholarship is just being "kept warm" for Zack, but maybe that was never true or maybe it's not true anymore. But regardless, I'm assuming ZA is getting one, even if he never starts another game here, for nothing else than bringing us Dunlap and Faalele.

Houston --- how can this guy have offers from Texas, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Notre Dame, etc. .... but not have an offer from Oklahoma??? He's from OKC. I don't get it. That's what 247 says, anyway. He is desperately waiting for an offer from OU? What else would he be waiting for? But then again, if he has all those offers and is that level of a recruit, why take a visit to Minneapolis on Dec 8th?

Hoofkin --- done, will commit to Texas this weekend, my wild guess. Took the free visit and free Murray's steaks. Hope he had a great time, and best of luck to him.

Williams --- came here two weekends ago, went to Indiana last weekend, going to Missouri this weekend. 247 also claims "warm" for Memphis (hometown) and Tennessee. I think we're still in it, would be a great get. But memory of his visit can fade fast when taking visits elsewhere. Probably comes down to playing time potential?

Robinson --- no more visits and we were the last. Probably a tough decision for him. Stay home at Michigan, but maybe be lost in the shuffle, go to Missouri play in the SEC and have the least number of DE currently on roster, or come to a program on the rise farther away in Minnesota. I think we're still in it, again, but will be interesting if Missouri gets both these guys.

Brown --- between us, visited last weekend, and Iowa State visits this weekend. Both programs on the rise, but Iowa State is ahead of us now in that dept unfortunately. Both great young coaches too. Do you want to live in Minneapolis, or Ames, Iowa?? 50/50

As was said, if we can get even two of these guys, would be great.

It would be much better for the Gophers if they gave Brock a scholarship next year and not Zach. It would be about equal for the family. That said, ZA definitely has earned a scholarship and I wouldn't blame the staff for trying not to get "too cute" with this.

Was interested, so did a little research into what our top 10 players looked like back to 2014.... Our 10th best recruit both in 2018 and currently in 2019 would have been our 3rd best recruit in 2017, 4th best recruit in Coughlin’s Empire 2016 class, #1 in 2015’s class; or 3rd in Jeff Jones’ 2014 class.

I was looking at too 10 from each class figuring that those end up being the foundation of your starters in any given year.

Totally agree. Funny thing is after just 3 games this season some folks were alluding he would go pro after 3 years... My head still hurts from the face-palm.

Pretty sure those posts were tongue in cheek...

It would be much better for the Gophers if they gave Brock a scholarship next year and not Zach. It would be about equal for the family. That said, ZA definitely has earned a scholarship and I wouldn't blame the staff for trying not to get "too cute" with this.

Brock has one now, while Zach couldn't get one as he was essentially the "26th" guy in the 2018 class. Right? So I thought people were thinking they would flip-flop.

Not saying this is true, or maybe it was never true.

Brock has one now, while Zach couldn't get one as he was essentially the "26th" guy in the 2018 class. Right? So I thought people were thinking they would flip-flop.

Not saying this is true, or maybe it was never true.

So, if you're a PWO and you get a scholarship in your first two years on campus, you can't towards the yearly limit and the total (85).
If they wait two years, it would only could towards the total (85) and it would have no impact on the yearly limit.

Essentially, giving ZA a scholarship before January of 2020 would cost us a scholarship offer this season.

So, if you're a PWO and you get a scholarship in your first two years on campus, you can't towards the yearly limit and the total (85).
If they wait two years, it would only could towards the total (85) and it would have no impact on the yearly limit.

Essentially, giving ZA a scholarship before January of 2020 would cost us a scholarship offer this season.

Where are you getting TWO years? I had read one year, and then he only counts towards 85. So that would be this Jan.

Would be happy for you to correct me here. Just would like a source please. Thank you!

Was interested, so did a little research into what our top 10 players looked like back to 2014.... Our 10th best recruit both in 2018 and currently in 2019 would have been our 3rd best recruit in 2017, 4th best recruit in Coughlin’s Empire 2016 class, #1 in 2015’s class; or 3rd in Jeff Jones’ 2014 class.

I was looking at too 10 from each class figuring that those end up being the foundation of your starters in any given year.

Nicely done. This deserves a thread of its own.

JTG

Thanks. Article says 2014, but I have nothing to counter it.

Everything I had read on here from other posters was talking about this Jan 2019. Would he be an initial counter for 2018 class, or 2019 class, then? If 2018 class .... didn't that spot "open up" because Vic left? Or did that scholarship go to someone else?

All these damn rules about initial counters .... so stupid, 85 should just be 85. Anyway .... hopefully someone can clarify.

Watch out. Bob Loblaw will question your motives for this. Like why did you leave out 2012?

Watch out. Bob Loblaw will question your motives for this. Like why did you leave out 2012?

I won't question them, just pointed our your obvious motives. It's nice to see you're still crying about that. It's been a rough couple of days for you, but it'll get better sport.

blah blah blah ---- what purpose does following Mr. Loblaw around multiple threads serve?

I won't question them, just pointed our your obvious motives. It's nice to see you're still crying about that. It's been a rough couple of days for you, but it'll get better sport.

Could you just say what the fck you are talking about instead of just insinuating this motives crap all the time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, when you’re parsing possibly the 247 composite numbers at the thousandths and ten thousandths decimal places...fair to wonder about significance of the numbers.

To no one in particular. I have no idea where he is going, (although most signs point to Texas). The least we can do is spell his name right.

Hookfin
not
Hoofkin

Thank you.

blah blah blah ---- what purpose does following Mr. Loblaw around multiple threads serve?

He is really sad that I pointed out his obvious motives and then that we collectively laughed at his horrific take on MJ Anderson.

This is the definition of being on "tilt". It's kind of just an inner hissy fit. He'll get over it.

There’s a rumor that the coaches visited with a commit elsewhere on the offensive side of the ball that visited here this summer. Heard the visit went really well but it will be very tough to flip them whoever it is as i don’t know. Speculation is that it could potentially be Darwin Barlow...maybe Jirehl Brock. Don’t expect anything to come of
Light of this but that’s the rumor

There’s a rumor that the coaches visited with a commit elsewhere on the offensive side of the ball that visited here this summer. Heard the visit went really well but it will be very tough to flip them whoever it is as i don’t know. Speculation is that it could potentially be Darwin Barlow...maybe Jirehl Brock. Don’t expect anything to come of

Brock would be funny especially after he took a cheap shot at the Minnesota program after committing to ISU.

Also sounds like we are in the lead if Demariyon Houston signs in early period. Sounds like he wants to wait till late signing period to try to get more offers though...could be wrong

Brock would be funny especially after he took a cheap shot at the Minnesota program after committing to ISU.

That was clarified and Brock stated it was taken out of context and he has nothing bad to say about Fleck

Sure hope we keep the commits we have and finish the class strong. I believe in Fleck. Great recruiter.

Also sounds like we are in the lead if Demariyon Houston signs in early period. Sounds like he wants to wait till late signing period to try to get more offers though...could be wrong

Some recruiting “experts” are saying more of the low four star high three star kids might wait to the second signing date after watching things play out last year. Some of these kids end up with the five star treatment after the early signings. Is there any news on who else is still after Houston? Might be in the driver seat if OU never offers...and with no offer from OU after all this time who knows if he still wants it.

Quit bringing the paywall stuff from 24/7 here. As a subscriber it is just stupid to be giving away this information for free. At the very least you could cite the information.

Last edited:

Quite bringing the paywall stuff from 24/7 here. As a subscriber it is just stupid to be giving away this information for free. At the very least you could cite the information.

Uhoh it’s the recruiting news police.

Top Bottom