Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

When you say are committed do you mean only to us or also elsewhere?

Committed to us. Although I've seen/heard talk about a couple of kids committed elsewhere are making the trip too. No names mentioned yet.

No one is clicking on this thread to hear you bloviate about the gray shirt process.

For those of us that don't regularly use the word "bloviate."

Bloviation is a style of empty, pompous political speech popularized by United States President Warren G. Harding, who, himself a master of the technique, described it as "the art of speaking for as long as the occasion warrants, and saying nothing".[1] The verb "to bloviate" is the act of creating bloviation. In terms of its etymology, according to one source, the word is a "compound of blow, in its sense of 'to boast' (also in another typical Americanism, blowhard), with a mock-Latin ending to give it the self-important stature implicit in its meaning."[2]

For those of us that don't regularly use the word "bloviate."

Bloviation is a style of empty, pompous political speech popularized by United States President Warren G. Harding, who, himself a master of the technique, described it as "the art of speaking for as long as the occasion warrants, and saying nothing".[1] The verb "to bloviate" is the act of creating bloviation. In terms of its etymology, according to one source, the word is a "compound of blow, in its sense of 'to boast' (also in another typical Americanism, blowhard), with a mock-Latin ending to give it the self-important stature implicit in its meaning."[2]

Well damn! I feel smarter already.

No one is clicking on this thread to hear you bloviate about the gray shirt process.

Some of us find the GrayShirt process more interesting than recruiting talk - so not “no one”.

I also find it interesting that for the millionth time I have to see people suggest ZA5 get a scholarship now w/o understanding the impact that would have on our #s this year. It may be the most posted about topic on GH, yet here we are again.

Finally, I enjoy the posts where folks suggest PJ would never pull a scholly or run a kid out - neglecting the fact he already has and will need to again this year to sign our class.

See, all great things in this thread that have nothing to do with who is visiting this weekend. These are the reasons I click on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m probably not near as smart as you are but Fleck has said numerous times ZA will be on scholarship in January.
Were any of the scholarshiped players Fleck released his own guys or kids that weren’t buying in to his culture from the previous staff? It’s not common practice to award a kid a scholarship (as he did with Brock) and pull it a year later.

I think it's frowned upon to pull a scholarship from a kid unless there was an academic or behavioral issue and I don't think Fleck would do that simply to make room. Some kids are content being scout team guys and are earning their scholarships by helping prepare the guys that take the field. The difficult conversations are with the kids that really want to be in the field but just don't have the skill set to get there. Those are the ones that have to make life decisions and where additional scholarships may open from. ZA's brother seems to be the type that will stay with the program even if playing time never happens.

Their parents spent $200k+ to send them to IMG. What makes you think that they are not able to afford tuition and other expenses at the U?

Does anyone know of recruits visiting this weekend not listed on 247. I think Ahmarean Brown is one but not sure. Any others??

Does anyone know of recruits visiting this weekend not listed on 247. I think Ahmarean Brown is one but not sure. Any others??

He's not listed on 247's visitor list, but Darius Robinson is expected to visit this weekend per Allen Trieu: https://247sports.com/Player/Darius-Robinson-46049873/

He's a Michigan kid who is a late riser and now has a Michigan offer as well. From what I can read (not a subscriber), I think that the Wolverines are the favorite assuming he's a take for them. Nice to see us get the visit though as I believe I read he was deciding between visiting Michigan State and Minnesota this weekend.

A couple other kids who we might be in on from what I've noticed on Twitter but hasn't been reported are Markel Reed who is a CB and recent Texas Tech decommit and possibly Demariyon Houston who is a 4 star slot receiver that recently decommitted from Texas (thought he home state Sooners and Cowboys are also rumored to be in on him and would seem more likely).

He's not listed on 247's visitor list, but Darius Robinson is expected to visit this weekend per Allen Trieu: https://247sports.com/Player/Darius-Robinson-46049873/

He's a Michigan kid who is a late riser and now has a Michigan offer as well. From what I can read (not a subscriber), I think that the Wolverines are the favorite assuming he's a take for them. Nice to see us get the visit though as I believe I read he was deciding between visiting Michigan State and Minnesota this weekend.

A couple other kids who we might be in on from what I've noticed on Twitter but hasn't been reported are Markel Reed who is a CB and recent Texas Tech decommit and possibly Demariyon Houston who is a 4 star slot receiver that recently decommitted from Texas (thought he home state Sooners and Cowboys are also rumored to be in on him and would seem more likely).

That would be amazing if we could pull Houston out of Oklahoma. Any updates on Cheney? Looks like Markel Reed is visiting Boise tomorrow.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

oh boy!

getting that dang ax back and making it to a bowl game momentum is rolling right onto the recruiting trail!

Was the plan always for Tyler Cooper to be a grey shirt? Just noticed that on 247.

Was the plan always for Tyler Cooper to be a grey shirt? Just noticed that on 247.

Technically not a greyshirt. He and Udoibok (early enrollee) will walk on for their first year then be added on to scholarship for 2020. Yes it's always been the plan for those two

Technically not a greyshirt. He and Udoibok (early enrollee) will walk on for their first year then be added on to scholarship for 2020. Yes it's always been the plan for those two

Thought they had to wait 2 years to get a scholarship or is that the difference in gray shirt and PWO?

So I believe that is what they call blueshirting.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

So I believe that is what they call blueshirting.

It's not blueshirting - they are both recruited. Blueshirts cannot be recruited, and they are put on scholarship right after the beginning of fall practice their true freshman year.

Are the visitors this weekend just for the 2019 class or are some 2020 targets? That seems crazy that we have 10+ guys on campus for what? 3 spots at most? Impressive by Fleck either way.

Top Bottom