Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Completely agree. It sucks we lost 2 stud d lineman recruits but it’s probs for the best. Hopefully we can snag Rashad Cheyney or some huge recruit that fits our culture
PJ will close strong just like last year.

The DL recruiting is going to be interesting. I really liked that group. Good offer lists. Mixed in in a junior (Daniels) and soph (Schad) to balance things out. Already have lost Bargy, Anderson and potentially Schad (openly taking visits) and Daniels (sneakily taking visits).

Hopefully we keep the guys on the fence and wrap things up strong as it appears Fleck is in on some quality talent.

The rank would change, but I mean the actual rating. Like does a 5.4 ever change to a 5.2 after a bad season? My hunch is that it's rare (or never) that they lower a rating, but it is entirely possible that others go up to pass them.

If rating services were really being honest, they should both upgrade and downgrade the actual ratings.

Both Seth Green and Rutgers QB Art Sitkowski were downgraded after mediocre senior seasons.

What’s of interest to me is general grade inflation - either every Big Ten team is recruiting much better vs 10-12 years ago or there is significant grade inflation. Two stars used to be commonplace now they are much rarer, even on the bottom feeders. Overall ratings levels are way up across the board. It’s not at all clear whether the services have a set number of players per star level per year. If not it’s a system ripe for lobbying, jerryrigging, and dismal statistical comparisons vs prior eras.

Rashad Cheney, Kristian Williams, and Isaiah Hookfin: These will be very nice additions.

The rank would change, but I mean the actual rating. Like does a 5.4 ever change to a 5.2 after a bad season? My hunch is that it's rare (or never) that they lower a rating, but it is entirely possible that others go up to pass them.

If rating services were really being honest, they should both upgrade and downgrade the actual ratings.

Two words: Ryan Schlichte (AKA QB Jesus 2.0)

Darius Gooden looks like he could already buy beer.

I'm reminded of the comedy bit about how many older african american men can shave their heads and suddenly they become ageless.... there seems to be a similar rule with the young guys and adding hair.

Meanwhile other kids on our team have faces straight out of Jr. High ;)

I wonder if UNC recruits will open up with Fedora out and Mack Brown back. Other coach firings may open late recruiting opportunities. I doubt any staff works harder than ours.

If you had a son that held offers from The U and UNC, where would you recommend they go?

This is where Fleck is best. He has plenty of ammo to sling at these kids as well: The Axe, 6-6 records, youngest team, bowl bid, etc. They have a lot of promise he will build on this, I have faith.

If you had a son that held offers from The U and UNC, where would you recommend they go?

Is my son good at going to real classes or does he prefer those other classes?

I love Gophers. I hate Tarheels. I wish we could schedule them.

Gooden is an interesting prospect!!! He didn’t give up a passing td, tied with state best with 7ints

I agree, Gooden looks like a player. Prince O looks like a definite project, although I did watch his junior tape not his senior year.

James Gordon picked up offers from Miami and Florida St today.

Top Bottom