Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Since you're very clearly connected to the Jordan program (every post you've ever had was about a kid on their team), share with us how Iowa State is recruiting him. Tell us more

Well...to be fair. Of his 9 posts, this is the first one for this player.

The other 8 posts are about Marlon Wiley. Who the poster claims runs a 4.41, and a 4.4 AND a 4.3

I wish Beebe would have come back - loved his physicality. Injuries probably played a part in his decision.

I would list the following scholarship players as not having a clear path to playing time in the next 1-2 years and among the most likely candidates:

RB - London, Femi-Cole
WR - Howard
TE - Bursch
OL - Oseland, Ben Davis
DL - Devers
LB -
DB - Harris, Swenson
K/P - Ryerse

That's 10 players who seem to have been bypassed by other players their age or younger.

Well...to be fair. Of his 9 posts, this is the first one for this player.

The other 8 posts are about Marlon Wiley. Who the poster claims runs a 4.41, and a 4.4 AND a 4.3

I heard Saban has been hitting the South Central conference hard ever since

I wish Beebe would have come back - loved his physicality. Injuries probably played a part in his decision.

I would list the following scholarship players as not having a clear path to playing time in the next 1-2 years and among the most likely candidates:

RB - London

Dom London is a RS-FR this year.

And so is Bursch. Might want to give them a little time before wishing them off the team. Along with the slew of Sophomores you list.

Last edited:

RB - London, Femi-Cole
WR - Howard
TE - Bursch
OL - Oseland, Ben Davis
DL - Devers
LB -
DB - Harris, Swenson
K/P - Ryerse

That's 10 players who seem to have been bypassed by other players their age or younger.

Didn't Bursch move to Tackle or am I misguided in saying that?

And so is Bursch. Might want to give them a little time before wishing them off the team. Along with the slew of Sophomores you list.

I'm not wishing them off the team, just giving an opinion based on what we've seen. As noted above, 10-11 guys on the roster won't be here next year with the new recruiting class coming in.

London didn't get a carry all season; two other freshmen RBs were clearly ahead of him (Ibrahim, Williams). Not to mention we had another freshmen redshirt (Edmonds), and 2-3 more RBs coming in this next year (Wiley, Potts, Williamson). I've never seen London even get a carry in practice - and haven't heard that he's injured.

Bursch didn't play all year. I'm not sure how likely he is to beat out Andries, Olson or Dunlap anytime soon.

Last edited:

In another thread someone mentioned that there were a few 'academic seniors', who have another year of eligibility remaining, that were encouraged to walk at senior day. Anyone know the names? That would give you a few that will likely not be back next season. There's always general attrition as well.

Wonder if any would consider grad transferring to another FBS or maybe even FCS team with hopes to play next year? Or if they'll just call it good on football and move on to the next chapter.

Huh, it's almost like there's going to be attrition for a college football team after the season. Who would've thought!

Point is it's a smaller senior class.

So, yeah, it will be interesting if there are 4-5 additional they are targeting to bring onto this class...to see how many they bring in over the 23 they have committed now, who enrolls early in order to exceed the 25 hard initial commit rule, who ends up leaving, and how it might impact the 2020 class size, because I don't think any over 25 could be assigned to the 2018 class. I also thought Flek said earlier that they were holding onto a couple to use for special circumstances.

Point is it's a smaller senior class.

So, yeah, it will be interesting if there are 4-5 additional they are targeting to bring onto this class...to see how many they bring in over the 23 they have committed now, who enrolls early in order to exceed the 25 hard initial commit rule, who ends up leaving, and how it might impact the 2020 class size, because I don't think any over 25 could be assigned to the 2018 class. I also thought Flek said earlier that they were holding onto a couple to use for special circumstances.

There are 9 players planning to enroll early, by far the most we've ever had. These guys will all be on campus in less than 2 months:

Clark
Schad
Guedet
Potts
Brown-Stephens
Richter
Kramer
Brown
Daniels
Williamson

Depending on who the remaining recruits are, there could be 1-2 more. The 2020 class should be closer to 15 players.

There are 9 players planning to enroll early, by far the most we've ever had. These guys will all be on campus in less than 2 months:

Clark
Schad
Guedet
Potts
Brown-Stephens
Richter
Kramer
Brown
Daniels
Williamson

Depending on who the remaining recruits are, there could be 1-2 more. The 2020 class should be closer to 15 players.
If we make a bowl - and yes, I realize that a big if. Then maybe we could be like Alabama and us these players ( early enrollees) in bowl preparations.

Every class the maximum to sign is 25. You can count a few back but you can't do the oversigning anymore according to my understanding of the rules. 25 is the absolute max.

As far as next class being smaller, we say that every year. Fact is that every year a team will sign as close to 25 as possible and they will make the numbers work. Maybe they won't sign a full 25 but they will be nowhere near 15

Every class the maximum to sign is 25. You can count a few back but you can't do the oversigning anymore according to my understanding of the rules. 25 is the absolute max.

As far as next class being smaller, we say that every year. Fact is that every year a team will sign as close to 25 as possible and they will make the numbers work. Maybe they won't sign a full 25 but they will be nowhere near 15

If spots are available you can assign to the previous year, or assign to the upcoming year. All 25 were used in 2018 so any over the 25 for 2019 would have to be "assigned" to 2020, thus reducing those 25 available spots by however many get assigned.

The way I read his post, I didn't interpret it to mean he was wishing anyone off of the team. No need to spin it as such.

Clark
Schad
Guedet
Potts
Brown-Stephens
Richter
Kramer
Brown
Daniels
Williamson
Rumor has it Schad is waivering (visiting other schools).

Still don’t get even reporting this or the excitement around this. Why does Nubin going from 3 to 4 stars matter at all? He didn’t get better. Do we then feel more excited about him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still don’t get even reporting this or the excitement around this. Why does Nubin going from 3 to 4 stars matter at all? He didn’t get better. Do we then feel more excited about him?

Then stop constantly posting on it year after year when it's obvious you'll never understand...

I guess it helps with recruiting rankings, which helps with PR??? That's about all I can get out of it.

You could try an explanation.

You must have missed my several hundred replies to Spoofin on this subject over the last few years.

Also suggesting that Nubin couldn’t have gotten better between his Jr and Sr years of high school is just stupid.

Last edited:

You must have missed my several hundred replies to Spoofin on this subject over the last few years.

Also suggesting that Nubin couldn’t have gotten better between his Jr and Sr years of high school is just stupid.

Nope. You have still never explained why the raking makes a difference. Sidestepped and claimed to several hundred times, but actually gave a reason? Nope.

Also, I didn’t suggest that he didn’t get better. Another sidestep by the master. Watch that pivot foot. Try harder. I suggested that moving his ranking up or down doesn’t make him better or worse. He is the same player. Hopefully great. His actual ability isn’t part of my question at all. I’m trying to understand why we are supposed to be giddy when a ranking changes on a recruit.

Nope. You have still never explained why the raking makes a difference. Sidestepped and claimed to several hundred times, but actually gave a reason? Nope.

Also, I didn’t suggest that he didn’t get better. Another sidestep by the master. Watch that pivot foot. Try harder. I suggested that moving his ranking up or down doesn’t make him better or worse. He is the same player. Hopefully great. His actual ability isn’t part of my question at all. I’m trying to understand why we are supposed to be giddy when a ranking changes on a recruit.

I’ve explained the simple math many times and you still didn’t get it. You literally said ‘he didn’t get better’. You can’t even comprehend what you wrote. Sad, but never surprising.

I’ve explained the simple math many times and you still didn’t get it. You literally said ‘he didn’t get better’. You can’t even comprehend what you wrote. Sad, but never surprising.

I think he's saying the change in stars didn't make him better, not that he couldn't get better since he was a junior.

Top Bottom