Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<iframe class="twofourseven-embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameborder="0" width="600" height="200" src="https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Nnamdi-Adim-Madumere-at-Southwest-194101/CurrentExpertPredictions/Embed/?SnapShot=636651730062041548"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/SkyNet/Shared/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Really good possibility of us seeing Nnamdi Adim-Madumere in Maroon & Gold!

<iframe class="twofourseven-embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameborder="0" width="600" height="200" src="https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Nnamdi-Adim-Madumere-at-Southwest-194101/CurrentExpertPredictions/Embed/?SnapShot=636651730062041548"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/SkyNet/Shared/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Really good possibility of us seeing Nnamdi Adim-Madumere in Maroon & Gold!

I believe he announced he's announcing friday when he'll be on an official visit here

would be ballsy to take official and announce elsewhere while on it

I believe he announced he's announcing friday when he'll be on an official visit here

would be ballsy to take official and announce elsewhere while on it

"Big news coming on Friday" is actually what he said. While your presumption is very probable and likely correct, "big news" could mean almost anything.

"Big news coming on Friday" is actually what he said. While your presumption is very probable and likely correct, "big news" could mean almost anything.

Could this possibly be that he saved 15% on car insurance? :rolleyes:

Even with the addition of another 4 star to this class it is destined to finish mid 40s. We've been there before. Where is the Athletes Village bounce?!?
How do you figure?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

True, I could be reading into something not there. As the first person to ever do that on the internet, I apologize :)

Even with the addition of another 4 star to this class it is destined to finish mid 40s. We've been there before. Where is the Athletes Village bounce?!?

I expect them to finish in the 30's like last year. Getting four 4-Stars may put them in the lows 30s.

The Gopher average 247 Sports National Recruiting Ranking between 2011 and 2017 is 58.25. They finished 38th last year with three 4-Stars.

Would be the best back to back classes in a decade. I'll take it.

And again, many of these players will re-evaluated/re-rated several times before signing day. We could see a ratings increase on several of them, just like we did last year.

"No top 5 anymore guys‼️‼️ I changed my mind... Big news coming on Friday‼️��" is actually what he said.

Obviously will be committing somewhere today.

Per 24/7 he is no longer taking an official here tomorrow, but still listed as visiting. I still feel that he's committing to the U.

Sounds like a passing of the torch from one coach to the next. I'll watch for the Fleck Spotlight.

If we can continually be in the 30's-40's we'll be pretty good

I don't think that is what we are paying for with facilities nor what Fleck was suggesting when he got here. You could argue Kill would do just as well with facilities...
If we can continually be in the 30's-40's we'll be pretty good

Athletics Village was long overdue and very much needed. However, its not as if that means we automatically jump into top 25 in recruiting. I'd venture a guess that almost everyone who finishes above us in the rankings has comparable or better training facilities. Its an arms race, and we only just got ourselves into the conversation.

I don't think that is what we are paying for with facilities nor what Fleck was suggesting when he got here. You could argue Kill would do just as well with facilities...

Just imagine what Mason could have done. :cool02:

Athletics Village was long overdue and very much needed. However, its not as if that means we automatically jump into top 25 in recruiting. I'd venture a guess that almost everyone who finishes above us in the rankings has comparable or better training facilities. Its an arms race, and we only just got ourselves into the conversation.

+1

Is this now about needing patience? How many more decades and coaches will it take before we attain Wisconsin level expectations? With the new facilities and coach paid in the top 30 nationally, expectations need not take a backseat anymore...Oh to have an Oklahoma State record year after year and look what their AD has for recruiting expectations. I think we are OK to raise the bar here a bit.

Is this now about needing patience? How many more decades and coaches will it take before we attain Wisconsin level expectations? With the new facilities and coach paid in the top 30 nationally, expectations need not take a backseat anymore...Oh to have an Oklahoma State record year after year and look what their AD has for recruiting expectations. I think we are OK to raise the bar here a bit.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Feel free to enlighten me on what I am missing. Recruiting classes in the 30's and 40's will not win championships. I want Fleck to succeed but my overall point is unless he closes really hard on this class, it will finish in the 40's and that should be a disappointment.

per Sid:

Gophers stay hot

The Gophers football team continues to bring in great prospects for the Class of 2019. On Tuesday they had running back Treyson Potts from Williamsport, Pa.; tackle Joacheim Price from Algonquin (Ill.) Jacobs; wide receiver Tre Mosley from West Bloomfield, Mich., and running back Darwin Barlow from Newton, Texas, on campus.

Coach P.J. Fleck continues to impress recruits when he gets them to the U. Potts, who was being recruited by schools such as Penn State, Rutgers and Maryland, committed Wednesday.

The Gophers now rank fourth in the Big Ten in recruiting according to 247 Sports, behind only Ohio State, Michigan and Purdue. They are 20th in the nation and their 18 commitments are tied with Texas A&M for the most of any school in the country.

Look for them to get more commitments before midnight Monday when the NCAA enters a dead zone for recruiting for a month.

http://www.startribune.com/timberwolves-top-pick-possesses-the-skills-team-needs/486222211/

Go Gophers!!

Feel free to enlighten me on what I am missing. Recruiting classes in the 30's and 40's will not win championships. I want Fleck to succeed but my overall point is unless he closes really hard on this class, it will finish in the 40's and that should be a disappointment.

Why should that be a disappointment when it is a historically good finish for this program? Kill/Claeys' only top 50 class was 46, and that was helped greatly by a historically strong in state class. Fleck is doing great at recruiting considering he doesn't have winning to sell. I think myself along with most others expected Fleck to be somewhere between Brewster and Kill as far as recruiting. Fleck wasn't regarded as some amazing recruiter like Brewster was when he was hired.

Top Bottom