Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't think we have any open spots. Unless someone unexpected wants to commit or someone else decommits. That's my understanding.

My understanding is we still have 2 open scholarships.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is the 2nd JUCO corner we’ve offered this week. I would say there is a strong chance one of the current corners transfers after the season.

I tend to look at the offers of recruits to determine success. Getting a Georgia kid with a Georgia offer last year is extremely impressive IMO. I feel like we've been getting commitments from some players with other good offers more than in the past. Maybe I'm wrong.

Secondly, I think the current commitment group has several players that were hurt their junior year so they are probably rated low. A good senior year should bump their rating.

This is the 2nd JUCO corner we’ve offered this week. I would say there is a strong chance one of the current corners transfers after the season.

It's possible (there's two that I immediately look at) but I think more than anything they just need to add some immediate contributors to the DB group.

It's possible (there's two that I immediately look at) but I think more than anything they just need to add some immediate contributors to the DB group.

The more immediate need is at Safety as Williamson, Durr, Thomas and Smith are 4 good corners that should return next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to look at the offers of recruits to determine success. Getting a Georgia kid with a Georgia offer last year is extremely impressive IMO. I feel like we've been getting commitments from some players with other good offers more than in the past. Maybe I'm wrong.

Secondly, I think the current commitment group has several players that were hurt their junior year so they are probably rated low. A good senior year should bump their rating.

Fleck & Co has been pretty solid at getting in on underrated kids early and holding them as the bigger schools come in. Our current class will get a bump in composite by signing day.

The more immediate need is at Safety as Williamson, Durr, Thomas and Smith are 4 good corners that should return next year.

I agree with that too although I do think you need to be careful banking on Williamson and Durr to hold up over the course of a year. I know, another year/offseason for them to recover but I hate to just bank on it.

If it were up to me, we would've taken a JUCO corner and a safety but with 2 spots left, and the need for probably another OL, I doubt we go that route.

PJ is busy plugging leaks while rebuilding. The defensive secondary depth has big gaping holes that have to be fixed right away. They are allowing too many explosive plays with the loss of Winfield.

Benhart is taking an unofficial to Nebraska tomorrow.

We're pretty thin at safety too.

I wouldn't be shocked to see some movement from CB to safety, especially a guy like Durr or Williamson.

No they're not. Smith is the only "good" corner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jalen Graham to Purdue.

So he'll be there when MN wins in Lincoln?

Does Nebraska have any control over the timing of unofficial visits like this? Or maybe it was just very convenient for Benhart to tag along with a group that wanted to go down to Lincoln for the Gopher game?

Either way, still seems like a bit of a slap in the face, even if it was the latter above and not meant to be.

Would be extra sweet for the Gophers to win handily and essentially tell Benhart "this is what you want?? You sure?? OK skippy ...."

Purdue may be the wild card to challenge Wisconsin for Big Ten West Dominance. Jeff Brohm came in at the right time and situation with the larder left stocked but undeveloped by Darrell Hazell.

Purdue is amassing the top recruiting class in B1G West ahead of Nebraska at 209.11 points with an average composite rating of 86.05.

Jalen Graham to Purdue.

Gophers had moved on from him a while ago. They weren't sold he would be able to play DB in college might end up at WR and DB is the need for the Gophers. He actually tried to schedule an official visit last month but it never got set because he wasn't a take for Minnesota.

Does Nebraska have any control over the timing of unofficial visits like this? Or maybe it was just very convenient for Benhart to tag along with a group that wanted to go down to Lincoln for the Gopher game?

Either way, still seems like a bit of a slap in the face, even if it was the latter above and not meant to be.

Would be extra sweet for the Gophers to win handily and essentially tell Benhart "this is what you want?? You sure?? OK skippy ...."

Think about it. Beinhart can go to a place where 80,000 love you every Saturday. Or come to the U where MAYBE 18,000 appreciate your efforts. In addition, go to Lincoln where the DA is a season ticket holder or come to the Cities, where the AD doesn’t understand the game. Particularly important if you or your teammates get rambunctious in the dorm or apartment. Really no decision.

Troll -- Learn How to Spell

Think about it. Beinhart can go to a place where 80,000 love you every Saturday. Or come to the U where MAYBE 18,000 appreciate your efforts. In addition, go to Lincoln where the DA is a season ticket holder or come to the Cities, where the AD doesn’t understand the game. Particularly important if you or your teammates get rambunctious in the dorm or apartment. Really no decision.

Hey troll ---- You can't even spell his name correctly! Go back to Nebraska.

per the Journal Star:

He was hard to miss.

For one, Bryce Benhart was standing front and center on the 50-yard line for much of Nebraska's pregame warmups Saturday at Memorial Stadium. A kid checking in at 6-foot-9 and 305 pounds — that will stand out, too.

Believed to be the Huskers' top target on the 2019 recruiting board, Benhart made his second visit to Lincoln this weekend. He's ranked by 247Sports as a four-star offensive tackle, and his high school coach said he's the best lineman to ever come out of Lakeville North (Minnesota) High School.

Benhart used his official visit for the Akron game. He was on an unofficial visit Saturday, wearing a No. 68 red hoodie.

Benhart, ranked as the nation's No. 20 tackle by 247Sports, has offers from Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin, Tennessee and the home-state Minnesota Gophers.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_cb6e3526-46b7-5b30-a995-abdd141005bd.html

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• Eden Prairie football coach Mike Grant on Cole Kramer, who has committed to the Gophers: “He’s as good of a quarterback as you can find in the country, not just the state. He has a great arm, he can run, he’s fast, has great composure. I mean, he has led our team and he is as good as we have seen in Minnesota. I know the Gophers are lucky to have him.”

http://www.startribune.com/laquon-treadwell-aims-to-keep-learning-with-vikings/498121291/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom