Page 262 of 268 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 4006

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Long long time ago, he could, and then quit.
    His brain stopped working completely.

per Shooter:

Despite all the local football recruiting bluster, the Gophers were ranked No. 10 in the Big Ten by the credible 247sports.com.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/02/0...-mauer-salute/

Go Gophers!!

Nice of our AD to go on National TV and brag about our top 25 rated recruiting class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Nice of our AD to go on National TV and brag about our top 25 rated recruiting class.

nice! what did he say? the more we can promote the program the better. huge having a top 25 class coming in.

Coyle is prepping himself for a job at MSNBC when he's done at the U.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    Coyle is prepping himself for a job at MSNBC when he's done at the U.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Go4 View Post
    nice! what did he say? the more we can promote the program the better. huge having a top 25 class coming in.
    He also talked about the positive momentum of the team, the strong finish to last year, the energy and urgency the players show, and how well they are doing academically. So, he only lied once - maybe no one will notice.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Wait til he hears we have the number 3 class for 2021.

#16 for 2020 per 247
    https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Fo...eTeamRankings/

Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    Super. Isn’t what he meant and isn’t relevant either in April. This is not the first time AD Coyle has used that line. Everyone can go ahead now with the normal “who cares”, etc. posts so they feel better about the fact that our AD feels honesty is optional when speaking to the public. I won’t apologize for wanting him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    The average is lower than 2019 & 2018 classes and that average currently ranks 13th in B1G.

He also talked about the positive momentum of the team, the strong finish to last year, the energy and urgency the players show, and how well they are doing academically. So, he only lied once - maybe no one will notice.

So if we are currently ranked #16 in 2020 class coming in, were was the lie?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    I didn't see the interview, but it definitely would have been a lie if he was talking about the 2019 class, which I presume is why Spoofin brought it up.

I would love to see the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The cult(ure) has really taken hold. I suppose it’s in the neighborhood of almost being truthful.

Blog Entries

The Gophers are always Top 25 this time of the year. So, in a way Coyle is not pulling a Pinocchio. Just saying.

IMHO, the Gophers need to be consistently recruiting an average composite ranking of about 86.0 or better.

But, we can't go by this alone. Trust PJ Fleck and company to find hidden gems like Rashod Bateman who initially was a Three-Star. He got him to commit early. Rashod shot up to a Four-Star ranking later long after he inked his Gopher tattoos. Mo Ibrahim was ranked a middling Three-Star at 0.8395.
    Last edited by hungan1; 04-14-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!