Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Fleck said on his radio show on Tuesday that we are done for 2019.
We have two open that we will leave open unless a special need arises.
Based on that, I'm doubtful Cjay5k is coming here.

Well, we have offered him a scholarship, correct? Is that offer officially off the table, now? What if CJ gets a wild hair and says he wants to row the boat??

Well, we have offered him a scholarship, correct? Is that offer officially off the table, now? What if CJ gets a wild hair and says he wants to row the boat??

So hes gonna commit to a school that quit recruiting him awhile ago?

So hes gonna commit to a school that quit recruiting him awhile ago?

Didn't say that.

I'm only asking an honest question ... I don't think he would mention us in his Tweet, if we had officially pulled the scholarship. Is that correct? (I don't know for sure, but seems like it ...)

So, it might be crazy for him to do so ... but if he suddenly decides he wants to row the boat, we have to honor the offer, don't we?

It's Pipe Dreams, but it sure would be nice to add him to the Gophers increasingly massive OL.

Didn't say that.

I'm only asking an honest question ... I don't think he would mention us in his Tweet, if we had officially pulled the scholarship. Is that correct? (I don't know for sure, but seems like it ...)

So, it might be crazy for him to do so ... but if he suddenly decides he wants to row the boat, we have to honor the offer, don't we?

No, we don’t have to honor anything.

He included us because he had an offer at one point and wants to show that lots of teams were after him.

It doesn’t matter because he isn’t coming here.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jalen Graham with one of the final two scholarships. Would be nice to also add a big-time O-lineman.

Watched a bit of the game and thought Clark looked solid. He made some good throws on the run and overall seemed to have good command of the offense. He didn’t seem to mind a bit of contact on the few designed QB runs as well (2 rushing TDS that I saw). Also Jaxson Smith is as advertised. Very elusive WR that’s a real threat in open space. I have to imagine he’ll be pretty high on our board for 2020.

Watched a bit of the game and thought Clark looked solid. He made some good throws on the run and overall seemed to have good command of the offense. He didn’t seem to mind a bit of contact on the few designed QB runs as well (2 rushing TDS that I saw). Also Jaxson Smith is as advertised. Very elusive WR that’s a real threat in open space. I have to imagine he’ll be pretty high on our board for 2020.

The kid is definitely a gunslinger. Throws a nice deep ball and seems very comfortable with the no-huddle offense. I can see why he and NAM made a good connection over the summer.

No, we don’t have to honor anything.

He included us because he had an offer at one point and wants to show that lots of teams were after him.

It doesn’t matter because he isn’t coming here.

Thank you. It was an honest question. This makes sense to me, and simply given the reality of our roster and commits, I know it was very unlikely that he'd choose us.

Still, would you not even agree that it would "look bad" if it seemed like we were reneging on an offer to him??

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jalen Graham with one of the final two scholarships. Would be nice to also add a big-time O-lineman.

Looks good to me! But 247 has Purdue 60%, Minn 20% https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Graham-46040432/

The kid is definitely a gunslinger. Throws a nice deep ball and seems very comfortable with the no-huddle offense. I can see why he and NAM made a good connection over the summer.

I'm assuming he'll enroll early for 2019 spring ball.

A player like this, is not going to want to wait for 3 years behind an incumbent, for a chance to play the final two years. There's always a chance of injury to slump ... but not something you want to count on, as the backup. Will be interesting to see how Fleck handles it. Would expect TM to transfer out, in situation where Clark comes in and wins backup in spring 19.

He could walk on [emoji3]

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Jacob Clark went 25 of 36 for 377 yards, 4 touchdowns and 0 picks. Also rushed for 16 yards and 2 TDs.

Jaxon Smith-Njigba went off for 8 catches and 167 yards with 3 touchdowns. Also added 23 yards rushing and another TD.

Rockwall is Class 6A, which is the highest class. Enrollment > 2,100.

Bowie (who they just played) is viewed as a pretty solid team too so those are impressive numbers. They play Longview (favorites to win the district) and Mesquite Horn (they won the district last year) in a couple weeks so those are some games to keep an eye out for his stat line.

per Sid:

• Edina offensive lineman Quinn Carroll took an offer from Notre Dame over the Gophers. Now another local offensive lineman getting a lot of attention is Lakeville North standout Bryce Benhart, who is being recruited by the Gophers, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Michigan and ranks No. 20 among tackles in the nation.

http://www.startribune.com/harrison...-face-familiar-rival-aaron-rodgers/493397441/

Go Gophers!!

We have 22 commits for next year is and P.J. said we're done and that he is saving an extra two.

I am curious for others speculation as to how we get to 22 or 24 open scholarships.

We have 6 RS Seniors & 4 Seniors with O.J., Rodney and Shannon staying.

We have 7 RS Juniors: Renner, Delattiboudere, Oseland, Dovich, Femi-Cole, Witham and Beebe.

We also have the 3 scholarships given during fall camp to Schoenfelder, Annexstad and Swenson.

Gophers have 84 scholarships so this gives us 21 scholarships available for '19.

I doubt they pull both Dovich and Oseland because that would leave us with 14 scholarship lineman including the incoming freshman. I have heard that Grant Ryerse is doubtful to make the field. Other than him my thought was Malcolm Robinson as a transfer candidate

Aren't some of the scholies given to PWOs for one year only? Do medical redshirts not count against the numbers? You'd have to think early graduations and grad transfers. I am thinking that two people who are going to grey shirt - Peter Udoibok and Tyler Cooper frees up two spots. But, this may be predicated on two additional scholarship players transferring is why PJ Fleck he is holding on to two scholarships.

I don't see how he'll continue to have 20 - 24 scholies available each succeeding year.

Maybe there is a couple of current non senior starters who are turning pro early?

"My job is to out recruit you" may literally ring true. Proven talent level holds currency. If you don't measure up, you are encouraged to transfer or face not seeing the field.

Maybe that is what the Gophers need to go to higher competitive level that we've never seen before. Does Wisconsin have attrition too if you look closely at each class? Several players probably don't last two or three years.

Last edited:

I included the grayshirts as '20 recruits. 22 are commited for the '19 class. Medical redshirts appear to count against the cap, but I'm not positive.

Aren't some of the scholies given to PWOs for one year only? Do medical redshirts not count against the numbers? You'd have to think early graduations and grad transfers. I am thinking that two people who are going to grey shirt - Peter Udoibok and Tyler Cooper frees up two spots. But, this may be predicated on two additional scholarship players transferring is why PJ Fleck he is holding on to two scholarships.

I don't see how he'll continue to have 20 - 24 scholies available each succeeding year.

Maybe there is a couple of current non senior starters who are turning pro early?

"My job is to out recruit you" may literally ring true. Proven talent level holds currency. If you don't measure up, you are encouraged to transfer or face not seeing the field.

Maybe that is what the Gophers need to go to higher competitive level that we've never seen before. Does Wisconsin have attrition too if you look closely at each class? Several players probably don't last two or three years.

I’d be surprised if femi cole sticks around

I presume he will have enough credits to graduate.

I'd be very surprised if someone as detail oriented as Fleck is taking commitments without knowing where the scholarships are going to come from. It's not very difficult to look at the roster and pick out names of guys who either will choose to move on or will/have been asked to move on.

I'd be very surprised if someone as detail oriented as Fleck is taking commitments without knowing where the scholarships are going to come from. It's not very difficult to look at the roster and pick out names of guys who either will choose to move on or will/have been asked to move on.

There are a plethora of current or to be juniors to trim to maintain the youth identity of the team...

Boy, it could be the Gophers are going to get even much younger next year.

Top Bottom