Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I'm very concerned about LB. but I didn't know who to suggest. Your post inspired me to check inside linebackers. Brandon Gary from Florida now is listed as "warm" for Minnesota. That would work for me. Thanks!

I'm not that concerned about linebacker unless we lose Willis or Gordon.

Speaking of linebacker - anyone else notice that James Gordon went from 5’11” on his 247 profile to 6’1”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the final list of official visitors from the weekend: https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2019-Football/Visits/

You would have to imagine with the commitment from Damarion Williams that neither Carriere-Williams or Tony Wallace are takes at this point. I don't see how we would take 2 JUCO corners in this class. We currently have 4 d-line commits: Schad, Cheney, Harris and Richter. It seems like we want to take 6 in this class, so that would leave 2 spots for Anthony Johnson, Kristian Williams, Darius Robinson or Chris Daniels. It appears that Daniels didn't visit, so I would imagine he is out of play at this point. I'm sure Hoofkin is a take if he wants to commit. And I think we would take the 1st to commit between Houston and Brown.

I’m pretty sure DeAngelo Griffin DT is still committed to us as well unless I missed something

I haven't waded my way through this thread, and I don't intend to. But some of the discussion got me wondering how our recruiting classes are typically ranked, so off I went to 247. Parking this here in case there are others like me. Sounds like many of you might have this memorized.

Fleck
2019 - 34th (not final)
2018 - 38th
2017 - 59th

Kill/Claeys
2016 - 46th
2015 - 63rd
2014 - 57th
2013 - 67th
2012 - 59th
2011 - 57th

Brewster
2010 - 52nd
2009 - 35th
2008 - 26th
2007 - 48th

Mason
2006 - 59th
2005 - 53rd
2004 - 53rd
2003 - 45th
2002 - 74th
2001 - 51st
2000 - 44th

I have no axe to grind (except with Punky Brewster) and no point to make. I really liked Mason, Kill and Claeys, and am growing steadily fonder of PJ. I was just curious, and thought I'd share the data.

I wasn't sure who to attribute classes to in transition years, so if there should be adjustments I'm happy to be corrected.

JTG

Last edited:

Here is the final list of official visitors from the weekend: https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2019-Football/Visits/

You would have to imagine with the commitment from Damarion Williams that neither Carriere-Williams or Tony Wallace are takes at this point. I don't see how we would take 2 JUCO corners in this class. We currently have 4 d-line commits: Schad, Cheney, Harris and Richter. It seems like we want to take 6 in this class, so that would leave 2 spots for Anthony Johnson, Kristian Williams, Darius Robinson or Chris Daniels. It appears that Daniels didn't visit, so I would imagine he is out of play at this point. I'm sure Hoofkin is a take if he wants to commit. And I think we would take the 1st to commit between Houston and Brown.

I agree I don't think we take another juco cb. As Ryany pointed out we do also have DeAngelo Griffin, but I do agree Daniels appears to be on the way out unless he plans on rescheduling it. It's unfortunate because we could use him next year. It would appear that PJ would like another DE, probably just one since we have a slew of young DEs already. I also agree he would happily take Houston or Brown, although I don't love our chances for either.

I haven't waded my way through this thread, and I don't intend to. But some of the discussion got me wondering how our recruiting classes are typically ranked, so off I went to 247. Parking this here in case there are others like me. Sounds like many of you might have this memorized.

Fleck
2019 - 34th (not final)
2018 - 38th
2017 - 59th

Kill/Claeys
2016 - 46th
2015 - 63rd
2014 - 57th
2013 - 67th
2012 - 59th
2011 - 57th

Brewster
2010 - 52nd
2009 - 35th
2008 - 26th
2007 - 48th

Mason
2006 - 59th
2005 - 53rd
2004 - 53rd
2003 - 45th
2002 - 74th
2001 - 51st
2000 - 44th

I have no axe to grind (except with Punky Brewster) and no point to make. I really liked Mason, Kill and Claeys, and am growing steadily fonder of PJ. I was just curious, and thought I'd share the data.

I wasn't sure who to attribute classes to in transition years, so if there should be adjustments I'm happy to be corrected.

JTG

I envision high thirties to low forties for this recruiting class. Ic an only improve with time.

I'm not that concerned about linebacker unless we lose Willis or Gordon.

I guess that I'm not confident about Gordon. Also, I like the 2018 LB's as outside LB's, but I'd like a true middle linebacker. I'm hoping that Gary is that type of linebacker.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I guess that I'm not confident about Gordon. Also, I like the 2018 LB's as outside LB's, but I'd like a true middle linebacker. I'm hoping that Gary is that type of linebacker.

Not confident about Gordon's skill level, or that he will stay with us?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MJ Anderson.

MJ Anderson.

This is an odd one. Decommitted, but was here for his official this past weekend. As far as I know, he didn't take any other visits. This seems like he is coming back to the U, yeah?

This is an odd one. Decommitted, but was here for his official this past weekend. As far as I know, he didn't take any other visits. This seems like he is coming back to the U, yeah?

I think he's coming back

Maybe he just had some second thoughts and wanted to make sure he was making the right decision? I can't imagine PJ would say no to that.

Burns just tweeted we lost two commits

Chase Daniels, which we know, anyone know the second?

247 says Minnesota 100%, for whatever that's worth. Maybe he wanted to stick his head out, look around, and didn't see anything better.

Burns just tweeted we lost two commits

Chase Daniels, which we know, anyone know the second?

So far on 247 it's Bargy, Daniels, and MJ Anderson who show as decommitted

Daniels 247 page shows Missouri as "favorite". And then Kristian Williams page shows a visit scheduled with Missouri on Dec 15 .... so maybe they don't have any more room at DT for K Williams?

Darius Robinson 247 page shows "Warmer" for Missouri, with an earlier Nov visit. If he just visited us this past weekend and didn't change his mind, guessing we are out of it and it is down to Missouri and Michigan?

Houston I don't think there is any chance, unless Texas says no room left and an offer from OU never comes.

Brown though could be interesting. Even though his page shows Maryland 100%, it shows us and Iowa St as warm (no one else, including Maryland) and a visit to Ames scheduled for this weekend. Guessing he'll pick after that.

Not confident about Gordon's skill level, or that he will stay with us?

My understanding is that Miami lost a LB commit to Michigan. If Gordon is "the next man up ", Miami might be difficult to turn down. To me, it's similar to Hookfin having an OV to Texas. If we can keep Gordon or snag Hookfin, I would be impressed.

Last edited:

It looks like the other lost commit is T.J. Robinson, his status is now cool and was removed as a Soft Commit on 247

So do we know for sure if Nubin is a corner or a safety?

Top Bottom