Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Tyler Johnson is a really nice BIG, Minnesota wide receiver. At this point he would be a special teams/fourth receiver on any NFL team. The drops are insignificant or don't matter? Try and tell Tom Brady that after a receiver drops a wide open comeback route for a first down. Hands are everything for a receiver. Tyler has no business thinking NFL right now. He could be a third round pick next year though if he works hard.

No. He can’t be. Next years class is loaded. That will kill him next year.

Frankly, with Ibrahim and Williams, we already have two great RBs. No one is going to deny Smith and Brooks a chance to start let alone play ... but we don't need them.

Ha ha no. Mo is good and runs hard but isn’t quite to that level. Brooks and Smith are really good when healthy. Besides, Ibrahim with his running style will likely end up hurt at some point. Just the way it is. Williams kind of reminds me of Michael Bennett running for the Vikes. Slighter lower build, home run threat but not really strong enough to break tackles yet.

Shannon's one game was really impressive though. I loved the way Ibrahim ran all year, but Brooks is on another level.

Yeah but maybe too much of another level. The evidence doesn’t support that he can stay healthy a whole season. He’s too violent for his own body.

Like I said, no one will deny him anything. And I hope the best, as always.

Yeah but maybe too much of another level. The evidence doesn’t support that he can stay healthy a whole season. He’s too violent for his own body.

Like I said, no one will deny him anything. And I hope the best, as always.

Well yeah, that's a whole different issue and I can't see any reason why his ability and the fact that he is prone to injury are related. It's not like he got injured running violently over defenders.

Football is a team game, you don't really need anyone. That said, Rodney, Shannon and Antoine are three of the best players on our team. If they were healthy all season, I don't think 8-4 would have been a reach last year.

TJ6’s drops aren’t what will limit his NFL prospects. His lack of top-end speed and size will. His skill, talent, and ability are all worthy and he will get a chance, but those things limit his overall potential at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 40 is often repeated, but Bill Walsh said he was timed at 4.55. Hardly a burner.

Johnson’s speed is enough. His route running is superior, and his elevation is elite.

Well yeah, that's a whole different issue and I can't see any reason why his ability and the fact that he is prone to injury are related. It's not like he got injured running violently over defenders.

Football is a team game, you don't really need anyone. That said, Rodney, Shannon and Antoine are three of the best players on our team. If they were healthy all season, I don't think 8-4 would have been a reach last year.

Even without those three, 8-4 was definitely achievable. Very good chance it would have been 8+ with them IMO.

Where do people get the idea that Johnson's speed is lacking?

He's not an absolute burner like Myrick or Berkley but goes have good speed.

He's also probably has the highest vertical of anyone on the team.

Okay insiders.... Anyone have thoughts on when we may hope to hear of a new commit? I would guess Fleck would have his super special 1 on 1 meetings after dinner and into the evening. I’m thinking early evening is the time expected to hope to see a bat signal. Thoughts?

Don’t forget the axe!;1652114 said:
Okay insiders.... Anyone have thoughts on when we may hope to hear of a new commit? I would guess Fleck would have his super special 1 on 1 meetings after dinner and into the evening. I’m thinking early evening is the time expected to hope to see a bat signal. Thoughts?

Sunday.

It's not inside info.

We always hear on Sunday at the end of these weekends.

TJ6’s drops aren’t what will limit his NFL prospects. His lack of top-end speed and size will. His skill, talent, and ability are all worthy and he will get a chance, but those things limit his overall potential at this time.

Correct. Speed and size are the issue. He was outstanding athleticism, so he'll find a roster or at least a training camp, but he'll be a late round pick no matter when he goes pro.

Not sure why the consensus seems to be that Mo is not as good as Rodney or Shannon. The stats suggest that he is on their level.

Don’t forget the axe!;1652182 said:
Wow.

Bob.

Thanks.

For.

Your.

Insider.

Info.

This.

Is.

A.

Great.

Community.

You are naive for thinking that an online message board would bring any sort of logical analysis and I'm not sure what you expected when you logged onto this cesspool. You aren't going to get much in depth recruiting news on this site because that's what the 247 site is for. It's disrespectful to Burns/Gobie and to the people who spend money on recruiting news to go and share it around like it's nothing.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 40 is often repeated, but Bill Walsh said he was timed at 4.55. Hardly a burner.

Johnson’s speed is enough. His route running is superior, and his elevation is elite.

Jerry Rice was 30 years ago.

people said the exact same thing about decker.

how many pages back do i have to go to find recruiting info itt?

people said the exact same thing about decker.

Yep. And ED7 proved them all wrong. TJ will get his chance to as well, and hopefully he has the same level of success that Decker did.

You are naive for thinking that an online message board would bring any sort of logical analysis and I'm not sure what you expected when you logged onto this cesspool. You aren't going to get much in depth recruiting news on this site because that's what the 247 site is for. It's disrespectful to Burns/Gobie and to the people who spend money on recruiting news to go and share it around like it's nothing.

Forgive me. I went into a thread titled “Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread” expecting a discussion on 2019 recruiting. Cesspool it is. I respect Burns and Gobie a ton, they are the best. Not trying to clomp on their work at all.

Forgive me. I went into a thread titled “Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread” expecting a discussion on 2019 recruiting. Cesspool it is. I respect Burns and Gobie a ton, they are the best. Not trying to clomp on their work at all.

Keep bitching. I'm sure it will cause things to change.

So what number is this GH moniker for you?

Not sure what you’re getting at. If it’s implying that I come on to pick fights and get kicked off, that is not me. I’m a Gopher football fan that recently jumped in and unintentionally got caught into a mess. It’s like I stopped for a beer and instantly realized I’m in the wrong place. Not looking for trouble.

Not sure what you’re getting at. If it’s implying that I come on to pick fights and get kicked off, that is not me. I’m a Gopher football fan that recently jumped in and unintentionally got caught into a mess. It’s like I stopped for a beer and instantly realized I’m in the wrong place. Not looking for trouble.

All of your posts read like Paul Allen created an account.

Not a compliment

Top Bottom