Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I'm not a crootin expert, but I'd imagine this means the staff isn't all that confident in getting a committment from other QB recruits?

They want two quarterbacks for this class and his dad played for the Gophers. Mom went here as well.

They want two quarterbacks for this class and his dad played for the Gophers. Mom went here as well.

Why do they want two in that year? If all QB's stick around, they would have 8 or more on the roster. Croft, Green, Morgan, Armstrong, Roste, Pickering, and then two from 19, plus any other PWO's. Of those, Green doesn't seem to fit the scheme, so the chances he sticks at QB or even stays at MN don't seem all that great unless he really turns it around. That would still leave 7 QB's.

Why do they want two in that year? If all QB's stick around, they would have 8 or more on the roster. Croft, Green, Morgan, Armstrong, Roste, Pickering, and then two from 19, plus any other PWO's. Of those, Green doesn't seem to fit the scheme, so the chances he sticks at QB or even stays at MN don't seem all that great unless he really turns it around. That would still leave 7 QB's.

They'd have 8 since they have a 3 star PWO for 2018 still. It's probably because they don't think their quarterbacks are very good or don't fit what they want to do on offense. Croft would be a senior before any of them step on campus as well. Having 5/6 scholarship QB's doesn't seem too crazy.

12 months ago no one was predicting that Connor Rhoda would be the starter this year. Several thought it was "coach speak" that he was being mentioned as a potential starter in August.

I'll pass on predicting the 2018, 2019 and 2020 starters... Croft, Green, Morgan, Armstrong, etc, etc... way too early to know.

They'd have 8 since they have a 3 star PWO for 2018 still. It's probably because they don't think their quarterbacks are very good or don't fit what they want to do on offense. Croft would be a senior before any of them step on campus as well. Having 5/6 scholarship QB's doesn't seem too crazy.

Who is the 3-star PWO?

Id prefer rostering 6-8 as he jump from HS to college QB is probably the hardest to call and can make or break your team. Even hitting a good percentage, I’d say only 1/2 to 2/3 will Work out to where you expect. Rostering the extras allows you some ability to RS adequately, account for injury, and account for lack of progression

Id prefer rostering 6-8 as he jump from HS to college QB is probably the hardest to call and can make or break your team. Even hitting a good percentage, I’d say only 1/2 to 2/3 will Work out to where you expect. Rostering the extras allows you some ability to RS adequately, account for injury, and account for lack of progression

Having 6-8 on the roster would be ok, but I wouldn't want anymore than 5 of those to be on scholarship as that would tie up too many for that one position. Only one plays and having 8 would make it difficult for the 7 non starters to get any quality reps. In that scenario, I would think there would be transfers. Went and looked at the rosters of a few BIG teams: Wisc lists 4, Iowa, Mich State have 5, Gophers and Maryland have 6 and Purdue has 9, with 6 of those being FR or RS Fr.

Having 6-8 on the roster would be ok, but I wouldn't want anymore than 5 of those to be on scholarship as that would tie up too many for that one position. Only one plays and having 8 would make it difficult for the 7 non starters to get any quality reps. In that scenario, I would think there would be transfers. Went and looked at the rosters of a few BIG teams: Wisc lists 4, Iowa, Mich State have 5, Gophers and Maryland have 6 and Purdue has 9, with 6 of those being FR or RS Fr.

Only 6 of Purdue's are on scholarship, 5 of Maryland and 4 of ours. I agree that 5 on Scholarship is probably the most one would want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with your points and say 6 schollie players as my max. Would expect attrition with 6 for a year

Not sure if it will be soon but wonder if Eden Prairie's Cole Kramer is the next QB offer. I really like Kramer so would be very happy if he and Bachmeier were our 2 QBs for the 19 class.
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure if this has been talked about on here but 4* QB Max Duggan, 3* LB/TE Spencer Lytle and 3* LB Nick Henrich are expected to visit on the 21st.

per Bill Greene: 2019 Three-Star Cameron Phillips Checks Out Minnesota

One of the more polished 2019 wide receiver prospects in the state of Ohio is Westerville Central's Cameron Phillips, and the three-star recruit already holds a handful of Power Five offers.

Phillips, who can also play defensive back, has been taking unofficial visits this year and last Saturday saw the junior venture to Minnesota to watch the Gophers battle Michigan State.

"It was good being at Minnesota, and things were really nice," Phillips stated. "They showed us the new facilities, and they're massive, so it was pretty sweet seeing what they have to offer their players."

"I think everything will be done in January," he added. "The coaches told me how I would fit into their offense, and how much they like me as a player. They were all really cool guys. Their campus was updated, and I liked it a lot when they took me on a tour."

With offers from the likes of Cincinnati, Illinois, Pittsburgh and Rutgers, as well as Minnesota, Phillips is off to a great start in his recruitment.

"I really liked Minnesota a lot, and they're even with the other schools that have offered so far," he explained. "Right now, I'm just exploring my options and visiting as many schools as I can."

"I really don't have any type of favorite list at all, and I won't do that until I see what other schools go ahead and offer," Phillips said. "I'm hoping to make my decision next summer, and I'm in no hurry to cut my list down."

https://scout.com/college/football/...ing-the-state-of-Ohio-aggressively--109031732

Go Gophers!!

He's very warm to UCLA which is about a two-hour drive from Anaheim.

He's very warm to UCLA which is about a two-hour drive from Anaheim.
Depends on traffic. Can be done in an hour with light traffic.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Could be up to 3 in bad traffic. I have done that. Hate L.A.

He should consider coming to Gods country up here where it is green and the air is fresh if he is not afraid of polar bears. There is a lot less traffic than Lalaland.

LOL!!! LIkely because he has a bunch of P5 offers so UMass won't waste time.

Fleck with a message to the 2019 in-state class:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Fleck with a message to the 2019 in-state class:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I love this. Clearly talking specifically about Carroll and Benhart but throws a "Nobody in particular" in at the end for good measure.

I love this. Clearly talking specifically about Carroll and Benhart but throws a "Nobody in particular" in at the end for good measure.

He's done something similar during his weekly preview when talking about legacy players. Second generation players need to come here. No one in particular.

He's very transparent on making it a point that it's not just up to him to keep these players in state.

Do we know what recruits were at the game today?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom