Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Somebody with access spill the beans *eye emoji*

Smart, tough, LB Nick Henrich still sifting through schools

Omaha (Neb.) Burke linebacker Nick Henrich is a four-star All-American who is still visiting schools and figuring out where he fits best.
Allen Trieu - Apr 13

[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/829813/5a1c36d3bd6af20ba4965a75[/video]

Omaha (Neb.) Burke linebacker Nick Henrich was selected to play in this year's All-American Bowl on Friday.

Henrich (6-4, 210 pounds), rated a four-star prospect by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, is being heavily recruited and has scholarship offers from Nebraska, Notre Dame, Minnesota, Texas A&M, Wisconsin, Florida, Iowa, Iowa State, and several others.

His talent was evident early on to Burke head coach Paul Limongi.

When asked how long it took for him to pull Henrich up to the varsity, Limongi said, "The very first day his freshman year."

"We knew Nick because he had an older brother," Limongi continued. "He always came around to work out and be around. We watched him as an 8th grader dominate in basketball and track, so we moved him up right from the get-go. He worked out with us all summer, and the first day in pads, it was obvious he would be one of our better players as a freshman. He just had it. He picked up things really fast, was very coachable, played fast, and that's all remained ever since the first day."

Henrich has been diligent about visiting schools who have offered him. He is currently in the midst of a swing that took him from Minnesota on Thursday to Wisconsin on Friday and then Notre Dame on Saturday. He visited Iowa and Iowa State earlier in the month as well.

"I think he is handling it in a very mature fashion," Limongi said. "He does everything with respect, he is listening to everybody and being courteous. Obviously, he is making a list of places where he will want to visit and learn more information. He can not go everywhere, he just can't, so there are about eight to ten schools that he is either visiting or going to visit, and based on that -- those visits -- he will make a priority list and go from there. By the end of summer, we'll have a pretty good idea of where he's going."

As a junior, Henrich filled the stat sheet to the tune of 120 tackles (32 for loss) and 11 sacks. He has all of the tools to continue being an impact player at the next level.

"First of all, he is a tremendously hard worker," Limongi explained. "He is dedicated and he masters the things he can control in his life. He's a very smart kid. He's tough, both mentally and physically tough. He is an outstanding teammate, and he just has the tools that are needed to be a good football player. He is gifted with great size, length, speed, and he's got tremendous core strength, so when he hits you, it's a pretty big thump. He also has the speed and savvy to get to where he needs to be in a big hurry. His upside is tremendous. He is respectful, humble, always trying to master and improve his traits. He's never satisfied and is always trying to bring out his best."

Following his visit tour this weekend, Henrich will visit Nebraska on Tuesday.

Smart, tough, LB Nick Henrich still sifting through schools

Omaha (Neb.) Burke linebacker Nick Henrich is a four-star All-American who is still visiting schools and figuring out where he fits best.
Allen Trieu - Apr 13

[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/829813/5a1c36d3bd6af20ba4965a75[/video]

Omaha (Neb.) Burke linebacker Nick Henrich was selected to play in this year's All-American Bowl on Friday.

Henrich (6-4, 210 pounds), rated a four-star prospect by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, is being heavily recruited and has scholarship offers from Nebraska, Notre Dame, Minnesota, Texas A&M, Wisconsin, Florida, Iowa, Iowa State, and several others.

His talent was evident early on to Burke head coach Paul Limongi.

When asked how long it took for him to pull Henrich up to the varsity, Limongi said, "The very first day his freshman year."

"We knew Nick because he had an older brother," Limongi continued. "He always came around to work out and be around. We watched him as an 8th grader dominate in basketball and track, so we moved him up right from the get-go. He worked out with us all summer, and the first day in pads, it was obvious he would be one of our better players as a freshman. He just had it. He picked up things really fast, was very coachable, played fast, and that's all remained ever since the first day."

Henrich has been diligent about visiting schools who have offered him. He is currently in the midst of a swing that took him from Minnesota on Thursday to Wisconsin on Friday and then Notre Dame on Saturday. He visited Iowa and Iowa State earlier in the month as well.

"I think he is handling it in a very mature fashion," Limongi said. "He does everything with respect, he is listening to everybody and being courteous. Obviously, he is making a list of places where he will want to visit and learn more information. He can not go everywhere, he just can't, so there are about eight to ten schools that he is either visiting or going to visit, and based on that -- those visits -- he will make a priority list and go from there. By the end of summer, we'll have a pretty good idea of where he's going."

As a junior, Henrich filled the stat sheet to the tune of 120 tackles (32 for loss) and 11 sacks. He has all of the tools to continue being an impact player at the next level.

"First of all, he is a tremendously hard worker," Limongi explained. "He is dedicated and he masters the things he can control in his life. He's a very smart kid. He's tough, both mentally and physically tough. He is an outstanding teammate, and he just has the tools that are needed to be a good football player. He is gifted with great size, length, speed, and he's got tremendous core strength, so when he hits you, it's a pretty big thump. He also has the speed and savvy to get to where he needs to be in a big hurry. His upside is tremendous. He is respectful, humble, always trying to master and improve his traits. He's never satisfied and is always trying to bring out his best."

Following his visit tour this weekend, Henrich will visit Nebraska on Tuesday.
That's considered a lot of Gopher nuggets?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He has a Gophers offer.
I know that. The content didn't seem to warrant the tone of the Burns tweet. Apparently I had it wrong, as Burns wasn't referencing this article.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Name recognition. You don't think about things you've never heard of.

The theory here being Recruit A has us in his final 5, but doesn't pick us; however hearing our name in recruit A's final 5 makes recruit B more likely to consider us?

Crazy Talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The theory here being Recruit A has us in his final 5, but doesn't pick us; however hearing our name in recruit A's final 5 makes recruit B more likely to consider us?

Crazy Talk.

Not so. It is another part of marketing. It is better for top tier recruits to hear the U fighting for recruits with Michigan, Ohio State, Norte Dame than it is Western Michigan, Toledo or UNI. It is all part of going for the bigger recruits and along with that building our name. Oregon and Clemson have not always been at the top of the recruiting food-chain.

Not so. It is another part of marketing. It is better for top tier recruits to hear the U fighting for recruits with Michigan, Ohio State, Norte Dame than it is Western Michigan, Toledo or UNI. It is all part of going for the bigger recruits and along with that building our name. Oregon and Clemson have not always been at the top of the recruiting food-chain.

+1

I've no idea how to quantify the impact, but it sounds a lot better than some of the other stuff we hear that helps recruiting.

Of course it is meaningless how much of this meta press we get if we don't pull some of these guys in....

I've no idea how to quantify the impact, but it sounds a lot better than some of the other stuff we hear that helps recruiting.

Of course it is meaningless how much of this meta press we get if we don't pull some of these guys in....

Duh, of course everything is meaningless if it didn’t accomplish something. But to assume that better name recognition of the U by the top tier players is meaningless is naive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I was watching hull videos of Jason Williamson, and I'm kind of excited about getting him here. He's not playing the greatest of competition, but his vision and willingness to be patient is encouraging.

I was watching hull videos of Jason Williamson, and I'm kind of excited about getting him here. He's not playing the greatest of competition, but his vision and willingness to be patient is encouraging.

I'm almost certain he was recruited to play LBer.

I think it's a 2020 recruit

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jonathan Mann?

Maybe? The gif looks like it's for 2020, and I think it's a local recruit based on the other Twitter comments.

Maybe? The gif looks like it's for 2020, and I think it's a local recruit based on the other Twitter comments.

Mann just retweeted PJ’s tweet.

Consensus 4 star, currently projected for MSU though. Hope Fleck can work his magic!

Consensus 4 star, currently projected for MSU though. Hope Fleck can work his magic!

That is an impressive list of 16 schools to be in. We have sure raised our recruiting profile. The Western Michigan jokes aren't relevant any more.

Go Gophers!!

elite list! hopefully we can advance to his elite 8. survive and advance if you will!!

That is an impressive list of 16 schools to be in. We have sure raised our recruiting profile. The Western Michigan jokes aren't relevant any more.

We've raised our recruiting profile based on making a prospect's list of 16? I mean - really?

My feelings as well. We still have to land kids of this level (and then develop them), but one has to give Fleck credit for going out and selling.

Top Bottom