Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Hopefully it's nothing bad. All the tweets from him and his HS coach have been super positive about PJ and the Gophers.

Agree. However, if he was going to post that he was solid in his commitment, you wouldn't think that would necessitate a tweet announcing a tweet at noon.

Maybe he is announcing that he will be an early enrollee at Minnesota. He’s not currently listed as being one on 247.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's going to be a long five days of waiting and anticipation!

Agree. However, if he was going to post that he was solid in his commitment, you wouldn't think that would necessitate a tweet announcing a tweet at noon.

I lose interest in anyone who feels the need to tweet that they are going to tweet something later.

I am going to reply to this thread in the near future.

Stand by.

I'm going glass full and guess that he has been named to an all star game roster. Totally a guess.
Saved a lot of money on car insurance.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

His Tweet was basically talking smack to Minnesota haters. Love it

Gophers currently at 31 in rivals team rankings.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

From what I see there are 5 DT commits now. How many actually stay committed? I don't think it's beneficial to the players or team to take all 5.

From what I see there are 5 DT commits now. How many actually stay committed? I don't think it's beneficial to the players or team to take all 5.

Why not? Some may declare early in a couple of years.

I would say this may be a position, for the Gophers right now, that we couldn’t possibly add too much talent. Not all will work out. A couple may not RS. It will “even out” just fine.

Probably more likely one could be made a bigger, DE. Someone to slow down run heavy teams like Iowa.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I would say this may be a position, for the Gophers right now, that we couldn’t possibly add too much talent. Not all will work out. A couple may not RS. It will “even out” just fine.

I'm with this, I have absolutely no issue with going heavy on the defensive linemen.

Unless I'm missing someone, we won't even have that big of a hole and this will allow us to balance our classes out.

My guesses on next year:

SR:
Smith
Silver
Renner

JR:
Schad

SO:
Teague
Umlor
Robinson
Hickox

FR:
Cheney
Williams

REDSHIRT:
Carter
Richter

We also have some potential DE/DT: Anderson? Ahanotu?

Yeah I think the key is that not all these guys are freshman, they prob want to RS. A couple, and it allows them to take some great players and maybe go light on next years class. It will balance out

That red shirt of Silver a couple years back is huge right now. PJ was right to plan that and I’m glad he followed through with his plan.

Richter is listed as an OG on 247. I'll take the influx of talent and let it sort itself out. The position needed this.

The beautiful thing about having so many quality DTs available is that’s one of the few positions you’d like to rotate in/out to keep them fresh. Every one of these guys could see significant playing time.

Top Bottom