Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

It is interesting he picked ISU who passes the ball more than they run it. Plus ISU has a jr rb that is on the Doak Walker watch list.

I'm from Minneapolis. Not Bloomington or EP or some other suburb, but MPLS. And I went to Iowa State.

You're right, it's different. But maybe that benefits Iowa State.

In Ames you're the man. You're recognized everywhere you go. Some kids like that.

Iowa State is one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. That's not my opinion, it's been given awards for it's layout and landscaping. It really is more compact and connected than UM. I didn't like how UM was intertwined with downtown.

We had a basketball transfer from Marshall and he said he came to Iowa State because it allowed him to focus on school and basketball. Some guys may want that. Some may not. If they don't want that...

There are 35k students in a college town. The town is Iowa State. Every one you meet is somehow related or connected to Iowa State. There's something special about that you don't get in MPLS. Tailgating and atmosphere at Iowa State is worlds above UM. I spent my youth going to Gopher games and still go when I go home if they're playing.

Everyone likes what they like, but I choose Iowa State over UM for those reasons. It took some adjusting but it's now my home. It doesn't need to be your home, but there are different reasons guys choise schools.
Washburn? Southwest? South? Or some private school?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Doesn’t Iowa St already have a 4 Star RB commit in addition to Brock? I don’t think he’s worried about competition.

His recruitment was really weird. First, super high on Iowa, they sign a couple of RBs, cancel his official, and he gets upset. Next, Gophers seem like the spot and we sign an RB, interest by him appears to fade. Notre Dame seems interested but not all about him so it doesn’t develop. Iowa St is still standing there after all the dust settles and he commits.

He may have been high on the above teams recruitment boards but not high enough to have teams wait for him vs taking commitments from the comparable players that committed. To me, that shows 1 of 2 things, 1. The other players might be underrated in comparison (I.E. Potts may be closer to a 4 Star) or 2. Brock is inflated 4-star while coaches were evaluating. His offer list is interesting for a 4 Star in terms of helmet schools.

I would have been happy if he committed but I think we are in a fine spot still moving forward when it comes to RBs in this class and the previous class.

Perhaps he's just not elite in all aspects of his life.

I'm from Minneapolis. Not Bloomington or EP or some other suburb, but MPLS. And I went to Iowa State.

You're right, it's different. But maybe that benefits Iowa State.

In Ames you're the man. You're recognized everywhere you go. Some kids like that.

Iowa State is one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. That's not my opinion, it's been given awards for it's layout and landscaping. It really is more compact and connected than UM. I didn't like how UM was intertwined with downtown.

We had a basketball transfer from Marshall and he said he came to Iowa State because it allowed him to focus on school and basketball. Some guys may want that. Some may not. If they don't want that...

There are 35k students in a college town. The town is Iowa State. Every one you meet is somehow related or connected to Iowa State. There's something special about that you don't get in MPLS. Tailgating and atmosphere at Iowa State is worlds above UM. I spent my youth going to Gopher games and still go when I go home if they're playing.

Everyone likes what they like, but I choose Iowa State over UM for those reasons. It took some adjusting but it's now my home. It doesn't need to be your home, but there are different reasons guys choise schools.

I'm way old and haven't spent much time in Ames, but my brother did his Master's work there. Good school and, like you say, college town atmosphere. Very good engineering school. It's hard to pigeonhole kids and determine what they want in terms of their college education and it's doubly challenging for top drawer athletes. Brock found what he liked at Iowa State.

I'm way old and haven't spent much time in Ames, but my brother did his Master's work there. Good school and, like you say, college town atmosphere. Very good engineering school. It's hard to pigeonhole kids and determine what they want in terms of their college education and it's doubly challenging for top drawer athletes. Brock found what he liked at Iowa State.

What‘s discouraging is that he gives them two 4star running backs and we can’t seem to find just one. Oh well, at least it’s not Iowa. Reading between the lines, Iowa thinks their commitment from Georgia is a better fit than Brock. Apparently Brock has hands of steel and couldn’t catch cold.

The situation with Brock seems pretty clear to me. He's a kid from a small town (pop 4000) in southern Illinois looking to play relatively close to home in a small college town. Seems like a good kid, hopefully he has a nice career.

The situation with Brock seems pretty clear to me. He's a kid from a small town (pop 4000) in southern Illinois looking to play relatively close to home in a small college town. Seems like a good kid, hopefully he has a nice career.

If true I am the same way. Minneapolis is great and all, but I went to UW-Oshkosh and that's a town of about 80k including outskirts. There was enough to do without sitting through traffic and looking at skyscrapers. Please don't take it as I am ripping the U's campus because the campus is truly amazing imo.

Other than Jason Bargy, the Gophers seem to be missing out on their top recruits so far. It may be that they have to grow Four-Star players out of their current commits like in the case of Bateman and Faalele.

My hunch is that the same will be true of Jermaine Johnson with Georgia being the favorite.
Per Twitter: We didn't make his top 5. : (

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Per Twitter: We didn't make his top 5. : (

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Look at his top 5 though. Most of them have been in the playoff already. Don't blame him. Sucks to miss out on a sure contributor next year though :/

Look at his top 5 though. Most of them have been in the playoff already. Don't blame him. Sucks to miss out on a sure contributor next year though :/
Look at it this way, if Coughlin transferred, he'd likely have similar offers. They play the same position right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I must have missed that year that Oregon, Texas and UCLA made the playoffs.

Perhaps Clark's best trait as a passer is his accuracy. He is particularly good at putting the ball in the right spots in the short and intermediate passing areas. He has shown the ability to vary his velocity and touch as needed. Clark knows how to put just enough air under the ball and time his throws in red-zone fade and back-shoulder situations. Clark throws with a smooth delivery. He will go to the college level having faced outstanding competition relative to the high school level during his junior and senior seasons.

I hope and pray this is an accurate assessment.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

is this from a visit or is this a commitment of sorts?

His official visit was over a month ago. I'd definitely count this as a good sign. Then again....he could be making similar tweets for all of his interested teams.

His official visit was over a month ago. I'd definitely count this as a good sign. Then again....he could be making similar tweets for all of his interested teams.

Yeah I saw he did a similar Kentucky tweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom