Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I can't speak for all of Texas 3A and I certainly can't speak for Eden Prairie, but Newton has 4 Division 1 players from the 2019 class, 3 of which are committed to Power 5 programs.

MaxPreps has Newton ranked at #231 team in the country and Eden Prairie is #586.

Actually Newton is in 3A div 2 which means they don’t even have 350 kids. Newton seems to be an anomaly as far as talent for that level. They’re average margin of victory is over fifty points per game. The average MN 6A team is most likely better than the average Texas 3A team, especially the doc 2 3A teams.

It would be tough to get Barlow to abandon his two high school teammates that are also going to TCU.

It would be tough to get Barlow to abandon his two high school teammates that are also going to TCU.

More importantly, he is at home in Texas and Newton is not too far a drive from Waco.

Okay, I got confused. Waco has Baylor and Forth Worth TCU.

Is he considering Baylor? I hadn't heard that.

Not that I know of - was just kindly correcting Hungan's post about him driving to Waco. Think he got TCU and Baylor mixed up (or at least their cities).

I see that Evan Hull the RB from Maple Grove got dome type of offer from K-State.

I see that Evan Hull the RB from Maple Grove got dome type of offer from K-State.

Interesting.
He is the typical kind of guy who would have a great career at one of the dakotas and Minnesota fans 5 years later ask if we made a mistake

Interesting.
He is the typical kind of guy who would have a great career at one of the dakotas and Minnesota fans 5 years later ask if we made a mistake
Was being heavily recruited by ND State. ND State's coach is now at K-State and has continued to recruit him.

Twenty-eight days until the Feb NSD. Still no word... :cheer::cheer::cheer:

I hope it is not a kerplunk!!!

Last edited:

Interesting.

Yeah, I fully acknowledge the staff knows more than I do about particular recruits, but if we are going to add another RB to this class, I hope it's Hull.

Dang, looks like we aren't getting Houston. I really wanted that guy to round our class. I would now be very disappointed if we didn't end up signing Williams.

https://n.rivals.com/news/five-most-interesting-2019-recruitments-left-in-the-midwest

"He took his first official visit of the process to Minnesota the weekend of Dec. 7, and while the trip went fine he has since decided that will not be the destination for him"

Last edited:

It's a tough fight against the big dogs. If the Gophers were 8-5 or 9-4, I wonder... Does one or two extra victories make a difference?

Nebraska got Benhart, and if they get Houston that will be a major bummer. Let him go outside of the Big Ten.

Williams is going to be tough to get with all the late attention. :banghead:

It's a tough fight against the big dogs. If the Gophers were 8-5 or 9-4, I wonder... Does one or two extra victories make a difference?

I don't think it would have made a difference.

I don't think it would have made a difference.

Yeh, I'm not sure if a single win makes that much difference. How would you even measure that to determine, and would the correlation be that strong?

I think to improve you need to kind of do it in stages. Start getting consistent top 40 classes for a few years. Then maybe break top 25 for a few years. Then maybe get a top 10 class.

There are few instances of teams that have really climbed the ladder consistently enough to diagnose what it was that did it.

Yeh, I'm not sure if a single win makes that much difference. How would you even measure that to determine, and would the correlation be that strong?

I think to improve you need to kind of do it in stages. Start getting consistent top 40 classes for a few years. Then maybe break top 25 for a few years. Then maybe get a top 10 class.

There are few instances of teams that have really climbed the ladder consistently enough to diagnose what it was that did it.

I think what those type of players (the type that are looking at win-loss records) want to see is a sustained level of winning like stringing together at least a few 9 or 10 win seasons. I don't think one season will make that big of a difference.

Houston is from OKC and de-committed on Texas for what I can only guess was the hope and prayer that OU would offer. And that offer just refuses to come about.

He'll have to settle for offers from Nebraska, Colorado, Penn State, and Alabama. What a bummer for him! Hope he picks either Colorado or Alabama, but would prefer Penn St over Nebraska.

Looks like there are potential official visitors this weekend according to Burns. That's Darwin Barlow in the picture, so educated guess he's one of them.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like there are potential official visitors this weekend according to Burns. That's Darwin Barlow in the picture, so educated guess he's one of them.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would guess Barlow isn't one of them as he officially visited over the summer (June 19th) according to his 247 sports profile https://247sports.com/Player/Darwin-Barlow-46036294/ . Maybe he's unofficially visiting, but I doubt it.

Interesting....

Top Bottom