Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

That might have been true in the past, but is silly now. TCF, Athlete's Village, Fleck makes $3.5 million a year ... no support from the school? Come on...

Well, its the perception and just wait until someone gets caught doing something minor. They will throw them under the bus, get it in the papers, make a mockery of the program and another step back they will go.

Is Wisconsin more populated as a state than Minnesota.The fertile recruiting states have a big population, Wisconsin is about the 19th most populous state about 6 million people.Minnesota also can't let the Blake Sorensens and Ryan Connelly's leave the state.

per Shooter:

Only four of the Gophers’ 24 football recruiting commitments for next season are from Minnesota.

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Only four of the Gophers’ 24 football recruiting commitments for next season are from Minnesota.

Go Gophers!!

Oh my gosh! Fleck must not care very much about recruiting MN high schoolers! :rolleyes:

We ha 5 MN signees in 2018. 5 the year before that. 4 MN signees in one class is completely normal, and it would have been more had we landed Carroll and/or Benhart. Weak sauce, Shooter.

About 1.5% of Minnesota high school football players are recruited by D1 programs, the same percentage as Wisconsin.

Compare that to nearly 10% in Florida, 9% in Georgia, 8% in Louisiana.

Texas, Florida and California account for about 40% of BCS football players.

Minnesota kids make up less than 1% of BCS players. Recruiting more Minnesota kids doesn't necessarily make them BCS worthy. The key is making sure we get the best Minnesota kids, year after year.

JTG

I hope the cold weather didn’t bother him. I’m assuming PJ promised him he’d see the field immediately, which is something Alabama can’t say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This should help this year; then it becomes harder to promise b/c we'll have returners all over.

Cheney has bounced around a bit in his commitments. He was interested in GA. Then committed and decomitted Bama. Seems like Bama still wanted him and not a cooling on their side.
Getting him to visit is a nice sign.

Hopefully, his twitter banner pic. is a good sign!!

Sounds like 4 star Jason Bargy and the Gophers are going different directions.
This will lower the class ranking some.

Sounds like 4 star Jason Bargy and the Gophers are going different directions.
This will lower the class ranking some.

NOOO! Source?

Oddly enough, I'd been having thoughts about Bargy hoping we didn't hear something like this.

NOOO! Source?

Oddly enough, I'd been having thoughts about Bargy hoping we didn't hear something like this.

Ryan Burns mentioned it. I don't have paywall. Ryan of course probably makes it sound like a U of M decision.

I assume it has to do with the guy they had on campus this weekend.

Picking him over the other guy?

No source, more of a question.

Could it be a qualifying thing? Recent DE offers and visiting, maybe the came to the realization he won't be able to enroll? Just spit balling here...

Someone on twitter hinting he has more important things than football to worry about right now.

Top Bottom