Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Rutgers just offered McCullough shortly after he committed. Baltimore MD.. how many players have we had from there?

Semi- Unrelated: I love seeing the Fleck Bat Signal while casually scrolling my timeline on twitter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winston Delattiboudere is from a Baltimore suburb.

per Greder:

McCullough, of Baltimore, Md., had an offer from Eastern Michigan before he pledged to the Gophers, and Rutgers offered him a scholarship soon after his announcement Thursday afternoon.

McCullough is the 10th commit in the Gophers’ 2019 class and third from a junior college program. He is the fourth pledge in May, and his comes a day after top Illinois target, defensive end Jason Bargy, committed to the U on Wednesday.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/05/10/gophers-10th-commit-for-2019-is-juco-linebacker-from-maryland/

Go Gophers!!

Let's hope that these guys remained committed. Poaching is open season.

Agree. However, it works both ways.

Hoping for more May surprises.

Sure, but flipping a low 3-star like Rush from Toledo, isn't quite tit for tat with Michigan stealing a 4-star like Jalen Mayfield. We're historically not flipping kids from the big boys (Green doesn't really count, as Oregon all but told him to hit the road if he wants to be a QB).

Maybe Fleck will balance those scales in the near future. But it's always a white-knuckler to NSD when the blue bloods come calling to finish their classes late. Kill (and maybe Fleck) used to say as much. The hard part isn't getting kids to commit, it's fending off the blue bloods after the smaller schools do most of the work for them in terms of identifying lesser-known talent.

Bateman is a good example of that last year. Fleck identified him very early, relatively. Then shortly before signing day, Georgia and a bunch of others jumped in after he blew up his senior year. We were lucky enough to hang onto him in that case, but we're going to lose those battles more than we win them.

Early signing day has been a boon and will help going forward as the big boys fight over the blue chippers the plan Bs will be more likely to sign with MN.

Early signing day has been a boon and will help going forward as the big boys fight over the blue chippers the plan Bs will be more likely to sign with MN.

I love the early NSD more. That was a great gala the Gophers put together when the bulk of their recruits did their officials together with their families and significant others just before the December NSD.

The families of the recruits got a chance to bond together which is cool. Not a single one of those kids changed their mind on December 8.

Sure, but flipping a low 3-star like Rush from Toledo, isn't quite tit for tat with Michigan stealing a 4-star like Jalen Mayfield. We're historically not flipping kids from the big boys (Green doesn't really count, as Oregon all but told him to hit the road if he wants to be a QB).

Maybe Fleck will balance those scales in the near future. But it's always a white-knuckler to NSD when the blue bloods come calling to finish their classes late. Kill (and maybe Fleck) used to say as much. The hard part isn't getting kids to commit, it's fending off the blue bloods after the smaller schools do most of the work for them in terms of identifying lesser-known talent.

Bateman is a good example of that last year. Fleck identified him very early, relatively. Then shortly before signing day, Georgia and a bunch of others jumped in after he blew up his senior year. We were lucky enough to hang onto him in that case, but we're going to lose those battles more than we win them.

We flipped Dunlap from Florida. And Reigelsperger from Kentucky.

Just because the narrative used to be one way doesn’t mean it will stay the same forever.

We flipped Dunlap from Florida. And Reigelsperger from Kentucky.

Just because the narrative used to be one way doesn’t mean it will stay the same forever.

And De'Vondre Campbell was once committed to Tennessee, Texas and K-state before committing here.

Douglas from Oregon too. That one wasn't quite the same as the Seth Green situation.

Logan Richter has been added to the 247 2019 class.

Puts us at 15th nationally and 3rd in the B1G (yes, I know it's only May but I like seeing it)

Agree. It seems like the complaints about the early signing period has come from the top programs which is great.

Looks like Bargy is picking up a ride from Guedet and his mom. Love to see it.

Looks like Bargy is picking up a ride from Guedet and his mom. Love to see it.

Guedet seems all in on being a Gopher and he AND his mom were tweeting at Bargy when he committed here. Here's to hoping they keep the Illinois pipeline intact.

If we can land a few more 4 stars, there's no reason why we cannot finish in the top 25-30. That's the range we need to consistently fall near in order to win the Big Ten West. Once we win the West, we can hopefully start landing top 20, which will get us in contention for the Big Ten title.

If we can land a few more 4 stars, there's no reason why we cannot finish in the top 25-30. That's the range we need to consistently fall near in order to win the Big Ten West. Once we win the West, we can hopefully start landing top 20, which will get us in contention for the Big Ten title.

Really, just being in the top 25 on a regular basis, some wins over Wisc, Iowa, Neb to start would make me very happy. Doesn't have to be a full 3 and 0 vs those teams every year, but having a trophy at all times would be good. Just some croot'n improvement, top 25 action. mmmm

Former Eden Prairie DE and current Juco in Kansas, Jermaine Johnson, received a Gopher offer. He is killing it in the Juco ranks and has a lot of big schools going after him

Really, just being in the top 25 on a regular basis, some wins over Wisc, Iowa, Neb to start would make me very happy. Doesn't have to be a full 3 and 0 vs those teams every year, but having a trophy at all times would be good. Just some croot'n improvement, top 25 action. mmmm

Amen.

I'm in.

If it can be the axe that we own annually I'll take 1-2 each year....

Former Eden Prairie DE and current Juco in Kansas, Jermaine Johnson, received a Gopher offer. He is killing it in the Juco ranks and has a lot of big schools going after him

Great player and I'm glad we offered. My only complaint is that we didn't offer him sooner, before everyone else did.

I can see it now. Carroll is called to Notre Dame, and Benhart is called to Wisconsin.

Yeah he definitely perked up a little bit more talking about Wisconsin than Minnesota. It doesn’t sound like he has built as good of a relationship with the MN staff as he has with WI.

MN realizes that there is a huge competition for home state guys like Carroll and Benhart. They want Benhart badly, but he has to want to play here. The Gophers were probably already recruiting their Plan B guys since early this year.

As mentioned, Benhart's demeanor when he talked about Wisconsin speaks volume that he is a heavy Wisconsin lean. Both Notre Dame and Wisconsin will emphasize that they are the Offensive Line Universities.

IMHO, MN is on the verge of something as evident in the recruiting successes so far. He can stay at MN and be a part of a MN turn around story, play in front of friends and family, and still get drafted into the NFL. It is his decision to make.

Yeah he definitely perked up a little bit more talking about Wisconsin than Minnesota. It doesn’t sound like he has built as good of a relationship with the MN staff as he has with WI.

"Yeah, there's a little connection". Didn't sound too encouraging.

Top Bottom