Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

San Angelo Live: McIvor Picks Up First Big Ten Offer

The Central Bobcats took to the field for their second day of spring practice on Tuesday with more than curious fans and media in attendance.

The Minnesota Golden Gophers, of the Big 10 Conference, made the trek from Minneapolis to take in the Bobcat’s practice. More specifically, Offensive Coordinator and quarterbacks coach Kirk Ciarrocca was on hand to recruit the Bobcats.

The 28-year veteran was especially pleased with Central’s soon-to-be senior gunslinger Maverick McIvor. So pleased that Ciarrocca and Minnesota extended a scholarship offer, according to McIvor’s Twitter page.

The offer is McIvor’s eighth from the Division I rank and his first from the Big 10. McIvor has picked up offers from Boise State, Ole Miss and Washington State to name a few.

https://sanangelolive.com/news/sports/2018-04-24/mcivor-picks-first-big-ten-offer

Go Gophers!!

Minnesota is the latest offer for three-star Kyle Jornigan

The state of Ohio has a strong class of offensive linemen for 2019, and one of the more physical prospects is three-star tackle Kyle Jornigan, from Youngstown Cardinal Mooney.

Jornigan could play guard or tackle at the next level, and he is fast approaching a double digit offer list. He was offered by Minnesota Wednesday afternoon, and he was thrilled to land it.

"I was offered by Minnesota today (Wednesday), and I have been talking with them for a while," Jornigan stated. "They have been telling me how they like my film, but I think they just wanted to see me in person."

"Coach (Joe) Rossi stopped at my school today to talk to my coach, and he said he heard all good things about me," he added. "He also watched me work out, and he went ahead and gave me the Minnesota offer."

With Power Five offers from the likes of Kentucky and Purdue, and several MAC offers, where does Minnesota fit in with his top schools?

"I would say Minnesota is really high for me, and I like what they have going on right now with Coach (P.J.) Fleck," Jornigan explained. "I think he's doing really well, and he's going to win there for sure."

"They want to get me on campus at some point, probably in May or June, so I can get a feel for what they're all about," he noted. "I definitely want to visit there, because I'm very interested in the program and I think it fits what I'm looking for in a school."

"I know they are known for their physical offensive linemen, and that's the way I play the game," he continued

https://247sports.com/Article/Minnesota-is-the-latest-offer-for-three-star-Kyle-Jornigan-117701874

Go Gophers!!

Minnesota is the latest offer for three-star Kyle Jornigan

The state of Ohio has a strong class of offensive linemen for 2019, and one of the more physical prospects is three-star tackle Kyle Jornigan, from Youngstown Cardinal Mooney.

Jornigan could play guard or tackle at the next level, and he is fast approaching a double digit offer list. He was offered by Minnesota Wednesday afternoon, and he was thrilled to land it.

"I was offered by Minnesota today (Wednesday), and I have been talking with them for a while," Jornigan stated. "They have been telling me how they like my film, but I think they just wanted to see me in person."

"Coach (Joe) Rossi stopped at my school today to talk to my coach, and he said he heard all good things about me," he added. "He also watched me work out, and he went ahead and gave me the Minnesota offer."

With Power Five offers from the likes of Kentucky and Purdue, and several MAC offers, where does Minnesota fit in with his top schools?

"I would say Minnesota is really high for me, and I like what they have going on right now with Coach (P.J.) Fleck," Jornigan explained. "I think he's doing really well, and he's going to win there for sure."

"They want to get me on campus at some point, probably in May or June, so I can get a feel for what they're all about," he noted. "I definitely want to visit there, because I'm very interested in the program and I think it fits what I'm looking for in a school."

"I know they are known for their physical offensive linemen, and that's the way I play the game," he continued

https://247sports.com/Article/Minnesota-is-the-latest-offer-for-three-star-Kyle-Jornigan-117701874

Go Gophers!!
6'4', 320, he'd look nice on an OL with with Dunlop and Faalele.

per Greder:

The top-rated Minnesota high school football recruit in the 2019 class will make his college choice on Tuesday. Edina offensive tackle Quinn Carroll will announce his pick during the 10 p.m. newscast on KARE-TV, the station announced Friday night on Facebook.

The 6-foot-6, 295-pound player has 34 scholarship offers, and in early March, he narrowed his finalists down to the Gophers, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Penn State, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin.

Carroll, who’s considered the 12th-best offensive tackle recruit and 87th best overall in the nation, is projected to pick Notre Dame, according many projection on 247sports.com.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/04/...quinn-carroll-to-make-college-choice-tuesday/

Go Gophers!!

per Greder:

The top-rated Minnesota high school football recruit in the 2019 class will make his college choice on Tuesday. Edina offensive tackle Quinn Carroll will announce his pick during the 10 p.m. newscast on KARE-TV, the station announced Friday night on Facebook.

The 6-foot-6, 295-pound player has 34 scholarship offers, and in early March, he narrowed his finalists down to the Gophers, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Penn State, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin.

Carroll, who’s considered the 12th-best offensive tackle recruit and 87th best overall in the nation, is projected to pick Notre Dame, according many projection on 247sports.com.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/04/...quinn-carroll-to-make-college-choice-tuesday/

Go Gophers!!

I don’t like our chances if he is considering Sconny twice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Seantrel all over again. He won’t pick Minnesota, IMO. Maybe we get the next big mn recruit after PJ wins a national championship.

This Seantrel all over again. He won’t pick Minnesota, IMO. Maybe we get the next big mn recruit after PJ wins a national championship.

Wouldn't hurt me too bad if we got Benhart and Quinn left.

STrib: Gophers receive verbal commitment from St. Louis defensive end

D’Vion Harris, a defensive end from Lutheran North High School in St. Louis, announced via Twitter on Saturday that he has committed to the Gophers football program.

Harris, 6-3 and 225 pounds, is a three-star recruit as rated by 247Sports.com in its composite rankings. He had scholarship offers from nine other FBS programs, including Michigan, Illinois, Arizona, Florida and Louisville.

Harris’ addition gives the Gophers and coach P.J. Fleck six verbal commitments for the Class or 2019.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-receive-verbal-commitment-from-st-louis-defensive-end/481156121/

Go Gophers!!

I think GH fans just got spoiled when we got a QB to walk on with better rankings and offers :cool:

https://twitter.com/RyanBurnsMN/status/990654064395538433

https://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Calzada-46051591

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo.../17300132/zach-calzada-qb-recruit-2019-lanier

I rarely post and prefer to just read all of the rants of others instead, but I couldn't help but notice that this news still hasn't hit any of the relevant threads. My entirely untrained eye loves the Hudl highlights compared to other recruits.

How often do we beat out Florida and Michigan for recruits. Awesome news. D-line is one of the toughest squads to recruit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bryce Benhart pending decision

Someone mentioned in the Carroll thread that the Benhart announcement is supposed to be today. Does anyone know if that is still true?

He made an unofficial visit to Tennesse on April 7 followed by an official one on April 20 2018.

He made a slew of visits to MN and then to WI between March 28 through September 30, 2017. The latter visits are to WI.

So, it appears that three teams are vying for his services: Tennessee, Wisconsin, and Minnesota in the timeline order of the visits. Will he go to Tennessee or Wisconsin? Is there a chance that he will consider the home state?

If you look at the Gophers offer list on 247Sports, there are a slew of offers to offensive linemen between February and April of this year.

Is that an indication that the Gophers have been told they are out in the running?

https://247sports.com/player/bryce-benhart-46040349

It will suck to have the coach hired for his recruiting chops whiff on two stud MN OT’s, particularly if
Benhart ends up a Fadger.

Seriously?!

It will suck to have the coach hired for his recruiting chops whiff on two stud MN OT’s, particularly if
Benhart ends up a Fadger.

Have you been following of the recruiting for these two? Both players sound like they were not major Gopher fans growing up. Both are opting to play for their dream teams who also happen to have a better overall track record AND a better track record for sending linemen to the NFL. If you mark Fleck down for these two then you have to give major props to him for getting the two big boys from FL.

Have you been following of the recruiting for these two? Both players sound like they were not major Gopher fans growing up. Both are opting to play for their dream teams who also happen to have a better overall track record AND a better track record for sending linemen to the NFL. If you mark Fleck down for these two then you have to give major props to him for getting the two big boys from FL.

We keep hearing what a great recruiter PJ is. Indications are he has the potential to be just that. He absolutely deserves credit for landing the IMG lineman - and every recruit he signed. In the same spirit, we don't get to make excuses for every top target he misses on. Landing some of those won't be easy - but that is why we pay PJ far more than any other coach we have ever had.

We keep hearing what a great recruiter PJ is. Indications are he has the potential to be just that. He absolutely deserves credit for landing the IMG lineman - and every recruit he signed. In the same spirit, we don't get to make excuses for every top target he misses on. Landing some of those won't be easy - but that is why we pay PJ far more than any other coach we have ever had.

AGAIN.... not every school lands all of the top recruits from their state. PJ put in a valiant effort, but you need to know when it is a waste of your time and go get good players that want to be here. Hopefully, the younger players will all want to stay home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGAIN.... not every school lands all of the top recruits from their state. PJ put in a valiant effort, but you need to know when it is a waste of your time and go get good players that want to be here. Hopefully, the younger players will all want to stay home.

Exactly right, and he already has a commitment from the #1 2020 recruit Jonathon Mann. PJ can recruit.

Carroll was the first swing and miss with an elite local recruit. Most realize you can't get them all. It appears PJ put the full court press on Carroll, and for whatever reason it didn't work. It's okay, PJ can continue to row the boat. We don't get a lot of high profile gems in our state. When the next one comes around, I hope PJ can snag him. I kind of have a good feeling Fleck can do it. I think it will be imporant to see improvement on the field. No more stinkers like last year.

Did you read the post I responded to? Did I say PJ should get them all? I simply reject the principle that we praise him for the ones he gets and we make excuses of things he couldn't control for those we miss. This board likes to act like PJ is a proven high level evaluator and recruiter - truth is that he isn't - not by a long shot..... yet.

Bryce Benhart pending decision

Someone mentioned in the Carroll thread that the Benhart announcement is supposed to be today. Does anyone know if that is still true?

He made an unofficial visit to Tennesse on April 7 followed by an official one on April 20 2018.

He made a slew of visits to MN and then to WI between March 28 through September 30, 2017. The latter visits are to WI.

So, it appears that three teams are vying for his services: Tennessee, Wisconsin, and Minnesota in the timeline order of the visits. Will he go to Tennessee or Wisconsin? Is there a chance that he will consider the home state?

If you look at the Gophers offer list on 247Sports, there are a slew of offers to offensive linemen between February and April of this year.

Is that an indication that the Gophers have been told they are out in the running?

https://247sports.com/player/bryce-benhart-46040349

I am wondering this as well. I thought I heard he was deciding on Friday (yesterday). Obviously that's changed.

Top Bottom