Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

This can't help but make you feel like they aren't sold on any of the players they have in house being the answer. I think they're realizing that they might need as many shots at it as possible. I would rather we used multiple scholarships annually to make sure the most important position on the team isn't the weakest again...
I walked out of the first open spring practice back to my vehicle thinking the same. At the time we had Duggan in the mix and I text my buddies and said we better sign Duggan. I liked Annexstad as an upside guy but it was clear to me; we need the QB's on the roster to step up or we need to sign a big dog QB ASAP.

This can't help but make you feel like they aren't sold on any of the players they have in house being the answer. I think they're realizing that they might need as many shots at it as possible. I would rather we used multiple scholarships annually to make sure the most important position on the team isn't the weakest again...

Like you said, it is more a matter of restocking for the next man up than an indictment on your current QB’s. Of course you will always upgrade if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Help from Notre Dame??

Like you said, it is more a matter of restocking for the next man up than an indictment on your current QB’s. Of course you will always upgrade if you can.

I understand that Notre Dame is looking seriously at Zach Calzada as a fallback QB option, but their first choice is Wisconsin commit Graham Mertz. In a perfect Gopher world, Mertz visits Notre Dame, he flips, and the Irish leave Calzada alone for a team which needs him more.

Isaiah Gibson will be taking an OV on June 15. Kyle Goblirsch gave a crystal ball to MN for Jason Bargy, the 4-star DE out of Illinois who also recently picked up a Badger offer. Bargy will be here this weekend for a 3rd time.

JJ Guedet, our lone o-line recruit, has remained solid despite picking up offers from Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa and others.

Early still obviously but Gophers recruiting class for 2019 moves To #24 nationally and #5 in the B1G in 247 rankings with the 9 commits.

I think most programs go hard after QBs every year. I don’t think it’s indicative of our current QB prospects. Sure if we had a 5 Star freshman QB that was absolutely tearing it up, we might be less aggressive, but most schools are always looking for QBs

per USA Today:

The Golden Gophers finished 2017 with a disappointing 5-7 record, missing a bowl game in the first season under former Western Michigan coach P.J. Fleck. now the coach is doing everything possible to make sure that doesn’t happen again for years to come, with his 2019 efforts getting a huge lift from its latest commitment.

Jason Bargy, a four-star defensive end prospect from Momence High in Illinois, chose Minnesota on Wednesday, passing over scholarship offers from the likes of Notre Dame, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Purdue, among others.

Bargy finished 2017 with 88 tackles and 11.5 sacks, sterling numbers that helped solidify his status as one of the nation’s top-200 recruits. He’s considered the No. 2 overall recruit from the state of Illinois and ranks as the highest rated recruit to commit to Minnesota since 2015.

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/minnesota-lands-commitment-from-4-star-de-jason-bargy

Go Gophers!!

Those two new DTs were play three JUCOs right?

We've recruited a pretty exciting front four for a down the road in the last couple weeks.

per Greder:

The Gophers football program received an oral commitment Wednesday from one of the highest-rated players from Illinois in the 2019 recruiting class.

Jason Bargy, a 6-foot-4, 225-pound defensive end from Moment, Ill., is considered a four-star recruit, the No. 2 recruit in Illinois and the 190th player overall in next year’s class, per 247sports.com.

Bargy, who has had multiple visits to Dinkytown, including during spring practice, had offers from Michigan State, Iowa, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue and Iowa State, according to 247sports.com.

Bargy is the third player from Illinois to commit to Gophers, joining J.J. Guedet, a 6-foot-7 offensive tackle from Washington, Ill., who committed in March, and Tyler Nubin, a 6-foot-2 defensive back from St. Charles, Ill., who pledged in April.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/05/...op-player-from-illinois-pledges-to-minnesota/

Go Gophers!!

lets keep pounding Illinois and get Jirehl Brock from there as well! I know we made his top 7 and I think I just seen a tweet of his of something about him cutting it down to his top 5 but not sure if he has posted the actually 5 schools he is still looking at.

Great to see the Gopher shoring up the Defense. I'd like to see them secure some top offensive linemen in this class.

Does anyone know what is going on with Bryce Benhart? He's the quiet one compared to Carroll.

STrib: P.J. Fleck snags four-star Gophers football prospect Jason Bargy, evens spring recruiting score with Notre Dame

Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck lost a recent recruiting battle with Notre Dame, but he responded by beating the Fighting Irish and other top schools for four-star Illinois junior defensive end Jason Bargy.

Bargy announced his commitment Wednesday night to play for Minnesota over programs such as Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan State. The 6-4, 255-pound Momence High School standout is the No. 2 ranked junior in Illinois and No. 99 in the Class of 2019 by 247Sports.com.

Fleck wasn’t able to land Edina four-star junior offensive tackle Quinn Carroll, who picked Notre Dame last week. But the Gophers responded with Bargy, the highest rated recruit to commit to the U since Eden Prairie’s Carter Coughlin in 2015.

http://www.startribune.com/p-j-flec...g-recruiting-score-with-notre-dame/482289281/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great to see the Gopher shoring up the Defense. I'd like to see them secure some top offensive linemen in this class.

Does anyone know what is going on with Bryce Benhart? He's the quiet one compared to Carroll.

Thre was a interview on a local station a couple of nights ago. All he talked about was how becky puts lineman in the NFL. Really want this kid, but I am not hopeful.

Rutgers just offered McCullough shortly after he committed. Baltimore MD.. how many players have we had from there?

Semi- Unrelated: I love seeing the Fleck Bat Signal while casually scrolling my timeline on twitter!

Top Bottom