Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Well, maybe we both misunderstood each other.

FTR - I don't think PJ has proven he is a high level recruiter. No facts to support that. However, I have never been anything but positive about his recruiting to date and belief that he can be a high level recruiter. The sensitivity on this site to anything that isn't heart and soul blubbering over PJ still astounds me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re either with us or against us...

My opinion: if PJ can continue to recruit in the top 30-40ish range then we are competitive in that Wisconsin/Iowa range (and that with decades of better success) and PJ will have to develop and win before we can bet over the hump to the next level of the upper echelon East teams. The caveat: it does us no good to recruit superlative talent and insane team speed if the team still stinks (see U of MD).

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

This may have previously been discussed but.... where does Logan Richter fit into all of this?

Good question- but PJ has referred to him as if he's on board recently by mentioning a gray shirt coming in next year.

Hopped over to Rivals and it's got Gophs ranked nationally about the same as 247, but 10th in B1G. Neither has the JuCos rated yet.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I am also aware it has 2 guards, a center, and a TE.

So why would he ride the pine behind Faalele when he is likely be capable of playing at least three other positions along the line?

I don't know this for a fact but if I had to guess, I'd say Quinn is probably stronger than Faalele and certainly plays with a better demeanor for an O-lineman. Quinn is extremely physically mature and I just get the feeling the Faalele is a lot like Oklahoma's Orlando Brown, a 6-8, 360 pound guy who plays strong and is overpowering but only did 14 reps at the combine and benches well below his weight. Again, I acknowledge that I don't know this for a fact.

So why would he ride the pine behind Faalele when he is likely be capable of playing at least three other positions along the line?

I don't know this for a fact but if I had to guess, I'd say Quinn is probably stronger than Faalele and certainly plays with a better demeanor for an O-lineman. Quinn is extremely physically mature and I just get the feeling the Faalele is a lot like Oklahoma's Orlando Brown, a 6-8, 360 pound guy who plays strong and is overpowering but only did 14 reps at the combine and benches well below his weight. Again, I acknowledge that I don't know this for a fact.

If Faalele turned into what Orlando Brown was at OU I think we would take that.

I agree definitely. It wouldn't matter at the college level if Faalele doesn't have weight room strength as long as he has football strength.

I agree definitely. It wouldn't matter at the college level if Faalele doesn't have weight room strength as long as he has football strength.

PJ has already said that Faalele is by far the strongest guy on the team and it isn't close.

Whether or not you believe him is up to you ;)

PJ has already said that Faalele is by far the strongest guy on the team and it isn't close.

Are you referring to his tug of war quote or a different one?

Again, that would be an example more of football strength than weight room strength. He is so big and has so much more inertia that he can overpower you and beat guys that may be stronger than him.

If your referring to a different quote then I stand corrected.

Again, that would be an example more of football strength than weight room strength. He is so big and has so much more inertia that he can overpower you and beat guys that may be stronger than him.

All I know is that I would do everything humanly possible to get out of his path...albeit very unsuccessfully...as I'm sure he moves much, much quicker than me at more than twice my weight! Guy is impressive. Can't wait to the first of what will no doubt be many of his pancakes in game action. I have a feeling he's going to make many large men look silly.

The same guy that said we have 9 scholarship seniors? :p

Not a single sack allowed in his college career. Freshman All-American. Unanimous 2017 All-American. 2X First Team Big 12 and Big 12 OL of the year.

Yeah, we could maybe use him.

Not a single sack allowed in his college career. Freshman All-American. Unanimous 2017 All-American. 2X First Team Big 12 and Big 12 OL of the year.

Yeah, we could maybe use him.

Those are impressive stats.
Big Dan has the size and strength, but lacks football experience right now. If he were to play this year, he will give up some sacks as he was getting beat on the edge in the spring game. If he redshirts he just might be able to match those stats.

Big Dan has the size and strength, but lacks football experience right now. If he were to play this year, he will give up some sacks as he was getting beat on the edge in the spring game. If he redshirts he just might be able to match those stats.

I'm really hoping we don't try and squeeze out one more with to GHers happy and give up redshirts. This guy as a redshirt Junior and Senior could be freaking amazing. I pray PJ doesn't buy into all of the folks who have zero patience and expect 12 wins a season. The talent level is rising, awareness of our program is rising, so let's hoping patience is rising as well.

Does that mean everyone else is way weak?

If he turns out to be as good as many people predict , do you really think he would stay for 5 years. If he is ready to play, play him.

He’s a mauler. Reminds me of something. Who wins, Faalele or...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/6sTs7uZ3cGyBO" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/bears-6sTs7uZ3cGyBO">via GIPHY</a></p>

LOL, leave it to the Japanese "reality" TV. They pioneered those stupid shows back in the eighties.

I used to be firmly in the "we need to RS Faalele camp", however, pretty much everyone I know that saw him in spring practice has said that they expect him to play. I haven't seen him play in person, but I now expect him to play quite a bit at RT next season.

I think Dunlap is more likely to RS.

Another QB offer.

Well there is no doubt they want another 19 QB, they have been slinging the offers out quite a bit since Max changed to TCU. Interesting.

Well there is no doubt they want another 19 QB, they have been slinging the offers out quite a bit since Max changed to TCU. Interesting.

This can't help but make you feel like they aren't sold on any of the players they have in house being the answer. I think they're realizing that they might need as many shots at it as possible. I would rather we used multiple scholarships annually to make sure the most important position on the team isn't the weakest again...

Top Bottom