Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I believe he had 440 yards, as well. I may try and get to the sectional final game next Friday night.

Saw on the 10 pm sports, that he had another 6 TD's tonight and he must have rushed for over 460 as they said in his last two games he's scored 14 TD's and rushed for over 900 yards.
Have anything to report on his game?

Saw on the 10 pm sports, that he had another 6 TD's tonight and he must have rushed for over 460 as they said in his last two games he's scored 14 TD's and rushed for over 900 yards.
Have anything to report on his game?

Owatonna beat Northfield 49-25.

Owatonna beat Northfield 49-25.

Talk that I have seen is that he is projected as a DB as a Gopher...it would seem 900 yards in two games in the playoffs might warrant a look at RB? I have seen him play basketball. He plays with a ready snarl...which could work at either DB or RB. Hopefully he is a big contributor for the Gophers!

Talk that I have seen is that he is projected as a DB as a Gopher...it would seem 900 yards in two games in the playoffs might warrant a look at RB? I have seen him play basketball. He plays with a ready snarl...which could work at either DB or RB. Hopefully he is a big contributor for the Gophers!

These are the same things we said about Johanneson (kid from Fargo). It's a whole different animal at the D1 level and I'm sure they'll give him run at wherever he fits best, yardage aside

In the end, players should play at their best position. BUT - given the current state of the defense, I wouldn't mind seeing the defense add the best athletes available.

In HS, up until the really big schools, a lot of guys go both ways. It's easier to stand out on offense by accumulating statistics. But, for all we know, the kid may have higher potential as a DB than as a RB.

My issue/concern with MN kids at the skill position is speed. There is "Minnesota Fast" and then there is "Real Fast." Just because a kid can turn the corner and run for 50 yards against other MN kids, that does not mean he can duplicate the feat at the D1 level when he is facing opponents of equal or greater athletic ability.
Even Tyler Johnson, for all his athletic gifts, does not have world-class speed. He has functional speed.

All things being equal, give me the faster kid every time. you can teach technique. You can't teach raw speed. you either got it, or you don't.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

per STrib:

Williamson wows ’em

Owatonna senior Jason Williamson, who verbally committed to the Gophers in December, is piling up some impressive stats. On Friday night, Williamson rushed for a state single-game record 477 yards and scored six touchdowns as the defending Class 5A state champion Huskies defeated Northfield 49-14 in the Section 1 championship game.

That performance one-upped Williamson’s effort from the previous game, when he rushed for 441 yards and scored eight touchdowns in a 63-28 rout of Rochester Mayo. In the past two games, Williamson has 918 rushing yards and 14 TDs.

The 6-1, 205-pound Williamson, a three-star recruit, projects as an athlete for the Gophers. His next game is noon Saturday, when Owatonna faces Chaska in the state quarterfinals at the TCO Performance Center in Eagan.

http://www.startribune.com/season-over-for-gophers-running-back-shannon-brooks/499517331/

Go Gophers!!

I wonder if the Smith news will have a negative impact?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I anticipate decommitments from all prospects enthusiastic about giving up 700+ yards a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I anticipate decommitments from all prospects enthusiastic about giving up 700+ yards a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Along with those who were hoping to get progressively worse over the next 4 years.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Jason Williamson’s rating was bumped up from an 85 to an 87 on 247.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArti...book-Several-commits-and-de-commits-124291944

Also from that article:

West Aurora (Ill.) defensive tackle Denver Warren announced he is no longer a part of Michigan's 2020 recruiting class following a conversation with the Wolverine staff on Monday morning. Where he goes from here is still to be determined. We imagine there will be some renewed interest from Big Ten schools who were previously recruiting him, particularly Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota. We would expect Warren to try to take a couple unofficial visits before the end of the season since there are only a couple weeks left, but to this point, nothing has been set.

https://247sports.com/Player/Denver-Warren-46040302/

As it looks now, according to 247, 10 of the current commits will be enrolling early and starting school in January.
Schad Juco DT, Clark QB, Guedet OL, Richter grayshirt DL, Potts RB, Brown - Stephen WR, Daniels Juco DT, Kramer QB, Brown CB, Williamson ATH.

Love to see that number, would be great if a few more were able to pull it off. I think it's a huge advantage to be here for spring ball, especially to the QB's. Would like to see a few more DL and DB's be able to make it in the spring so they can start working towards potentially helping this defense in the 2019 season.

I see we're at 24 commits, though maybe only 22 count towards 2019 if a couple guys are greyshirting? And does Richter count towards 2018 or 2019? Not sure how the rules work for counting guys towards other classes.

I assume we have a handful of spots left for 2019 though. Anyone have any insight to who our current targets are? I feel pretty good about most positions. Would like to see us add another OL and maybe a JUCO DB or two.

I see we're at 24 commits, though maybe only 22 count towards 2019 if a couple guys are greyshirting? And does Richter count towards 2018 or 2019? Not sure how the rules work for counting guys towards other classes.

I assume we have a handful of spots left for 2019 though. Anyone have any insight to who our current targets are? I feel pretty good about most positions. Would like to see us add another OL and maybe a JUCO DB or two.
Richter counts for the 2019 class. The 2 greysgirts would count towards 2020 class if we still elect to greysgirt them. So technically we could have 3 more commits but would need players to transfer

Richter counts for the 2019 class. The 2 greysgirts would count towards 2020 class if we still elect to greysgirt them. So technically we could have 3 more commits but would need players to transfer

Does anyone know what Richter is up to for size now? He was 6'4 290 as a recruit. If he has good technique and has added 20+ lbs in the weight room, he could be a nice contributor next year.

For one if Jonathan Femi Cole wants to play he’ll have to transfer..

Last edited:

As it looks now, according to 247, 10 of the current commits will be enrolling early and starting school in January.
Schad Juco DT, Clark QB, Guedet OL, Richter grayshirt DL, Potts RB, Brown - Stephen WR, Daniels Juco DT, Kramer QB, Brown CB, Williamson ATH.

Love to see that number, would be great if a few more were able to pull it off. I think it's a huge advantage to be here for spring ball, especially to the QB's. Would like to see a few more DL and DB's be able to make it in the spring so they can start working towards potentially helping this defense in the 2019 season.

That's a lot of seniors enrolling early. It seems like it's normally 2-3, that has to be a record for us.

Wisconsin got 4 star DT Rodas Johnson and are in a good spot for 4 star LB JD Bertrand who visited Wisconsin.Seems they are picking up their recruiting.They could possibly get a top 20 class on rivals with Bertrand 7 four stars.The Star rating is 3.35 average for Wisconsin to 2.83 for Minnesota

Last edited:

Wisconsin got 4 star DT Rodas Johnson and are in a good spot for 4 star LB JD Bertrand who visited Wisconsin.Seems they are picking up their recruiting.They could possibly get a top 20 class on rivals with Bertrand 7 four stars.The Star rating is 3.35 average for Wisconsin to 2.83 for Minnesota

Cool

Not like living in Madison is any treat. The beer doesn't flow like wine. Beautiful women don't instinctively flock there like the salmon of Capistrano. It ain't Aspen.

Girls aren't any prettier than here. School isn't any easier. Winter isn't any less cold and dark.

They've just won a lot more. Everything else is the same or worse.

Not like living in Madison is any treat. The beer doesn't flow like wine. Beautiful women don't instinctively flock there like the salmon of Capistrano. It ain't Aspen.

Girls aren't any prettier than here. School isn't any easier. Winter isn't any less cold and dark.

They've just won a lot more. Everything else is the same or worse.

Their University supports their athletic programs. That is A #1 and the reason Minnesota has such a hard time winning in almost every sport. Or at least the ones people care about.

Their University supports their athletic programs. That is A #1 and the reason Minnesota has such a hard time winning in almost every sport. Or at least the ones people care about.

That might have been true in the past, but is silly now. TCF, Athlete's Village, Fleck makes $3.5 million a year ... no support from the school? Come on...

Top Bottom