Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Wild guess that it's one of the Notre Dame DL. Hopefully not the guy that was dismissed from the team and didn't play in 2018.

I guess he'd maybe be an upgrade over Silver and Renner on the two deeps. Plus OJ only played in 6 games this year, who knows how many he'll play next year. A starting caliber LB or safety would certainly be the most ideal position to bring in a grad transfer but I guess I'd take him.

one's: Schad, Smith
two's: Notre Dame, Renner
three's: Silver, Teague

redshirt Cheyney, Griffin and possibly Williams?

Have a hard time seeing Malcom Robinson and Hickox getting any PT.

Last edited:

I guess he'd maybe be an upgrade over Silver and Renner on the two deeps. Plus OJ only played in 6 games this year, who knows how many he'll play next year. A starting caliber LB or safety would certainly be the most ideal position to bring in a grad transfer but I guess I'd take him.

Based on performance at the end of the season, Teague was our 2nd best d-lineman. He’ll probably start next year or be the first guy to rotate in after Smith and Schad.

At worst Teague is 2nd string. He looked really good at the end of the year and i wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the starter

Based on performance at the end of the season, Teague was our 2nd best d-lineman. He’ll probably start next year or be the first guy to rotate in after Smith and Schad.

Having six solid, non-freshman DT competing for time can’t be a bad problem to have, right?

Does anyone know who the second potential transfer is?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Having six solid, non-freshman DT competing for time can’t be a bad problem to have, right?

The d-line is still somewhat of an enigma to me. They were absolutely terrible during the middle of last season, and then became good when Rossi took over. Smith is borderline dominant when healthy. Teague played well at the end of the year, does he continue to improve? Schad looks like a good B1G d-lineman, can he come in and contribute right away? Renee and Silver provide depth, but I’m not sure they are playing a lot on a top 25 team. The freshmen class is great, but I don’t want to depend on anyone next year.

It does show once and for all there was never any plan to redshirt Royal Silver his 1st year.

Does anyone know who the second potential transfer is?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

By the looks of the picture, he looks like either a DB or WR so there's that. Wonder if he'd be a grad transfer or traditional.

Both the Notre Dame transfer and other transfer are at the basketball game right now sitting next to the band with Rossi I believe. I think the ND player has both his parents with him and he other guy has his dad with him. Drew-Parsons is wearing a green shirt and sticking out.

They arrived at halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

By the looks of the picture, he looks like either a DB or WR so there's that. Wonder if he'd be a grad transfer or traditional.

Based on the picture I think he looks like a great DB, but only an average WR. He also looks very knowledgeable, so I’m guessing grad transfer.

Based on the picture I think he looks like a great DB, but only an average WR. He also looks very knowledgeable, so I’m guessing grad transfer.

I see what you did there.... :clap:

It says on 247 that Kelvin Clemmons is visiting today from Hutchinson C.C. on the visit list. He committed in December He's a CB. Could that be the mystery man?

It says on 247 that Kelvin Clemmons is visiting today from Hutchinson C.C. on the visit list. He committed in December He's a CB. Could that be the mystery man?

No because the transfer is an from an FBS program.

No because the transfer is an from an FBS program.

Do you realize there are 2 young men in that photo?? The one on the left Tampa Bay Buccaneers hat looks like Kelvin Clemmons who is from Tampa Florida...

Do you realize there are 2 young men in that photo?? The one on the left Tampa Bay Buccaneers hat looks like Kelvin Clemmons who is from Tampa Florida...

Looks more like the other kids dad, not Clemons. And even if it was, The other kid is the mystery recruit that we are trying to figure out.

Top Bottom