Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

you're so witty... maybe try posting the correct information on GH. Burns was spot on with the information that was posted here.

I didn't post anything on GH regarding the Burns Twitter interaction. CurveballJesus did, and what he shared was Burns making a poor attempt to qualify his previous incorrect statement. Again, just quit while you're way, way behind.

sorry to interrupt this silly argument...but back to recruiting...

Any update about Dontye Carriere-Williams?

sorry to interrupt this silly argument...but back to recruiting...

Any update about Dontye Carriere-Williams?

If we are back to recruiting, I think that we need to realize that none of Houston, Hookfin, Robinson and Brown may sign Wed. If 1 of them does, that's fine. As long as the current commits sign, I think that 2019 recruiting is solid.I hope that P.J. has a trick up his sleeve like Reigelsperger last year. If not, it isn't a tragedy to have a slot or two still open. The Gophers should no longer feel desperate, as happened too often in the past. There still should be some good players to pursue, at least, for Feb. If not, recruit even harder for2020.

He's never been a grayshirt. He's walking on his first year.

It is interesting that on 247 he and Cooper show as scholarship commits but that the U did not offer to either...but they both were recruited and had visits, so no blue shirt.

It is interesting that on 247 he and Cooper show as scholarship commits but that the U did not offer to either...but they both were recruited and had visits, so no blue shirt.

So...how does that work? Does anyone really know? So Udoibok is walking on and is guaranteed a scholarship next year? But he is not a blue shirt? What is that called?

So...how does that work? Does anyone really know? So Udoibok is walking on and is guaranteed a scholarship next year? But he is not a blue shirt? What is that called?

My understanding is, If his name is announced during Flecks Press conf tomorrow he’s on scholarship. If not, he’s a walk on and not on scholarship.

My balls will be sweating tomorrow. There is some buzz that Williams will not be signing tomorrow, but may wait until February.

My balls will be sweating tomorrow. There is some buzz that Williams will not be signing tomorrow, but may wait until February.

My guess if that’s the case he’ll be replaced if the right situation occurs.

Houston or Hookfin if they are still available between tomorrow and the February NSD will be icing on the cake for the 2019 Class.

My understanding is, If his name is announced during Flecks Press conf tomorrow he’s on scholarship. If not, he’s a walk on and not on scholarship.

That doesn't quite work, because Zach Annexstad was announced and marketed as part of the recruiting class, even though he was a PWO. The Gophers recruit PR, and then the StarTrib, etc. all mentioned him as if he was the 26th signed member of the class.

Nothing on the 247 site seems to suggest that we have anything to worry about.

That doesn't quite work, because Zach Annexstad was announced and marketed as part of the recruiting class, even though he was a PWO. The Gophers recruit PR, and then the StarTrib, etc. all mentioned him as if he was the 26th signed member of the class.

Sounds like you are correct per Greder’s twitter.

“Word is 20-21 #Gophers commits will sign for scholarships in 2019 when early period opens Wednesday. St. Paul reciever Peter Udoibok, St. Croix Falls O-lineman Tyler Cooper to be announced in class then, but not counted. This means about 4 spots for U to work with until February.”

https://twitter.com/andygreder/status/1075237932028620800?s=21

Could it be that they really only have 21 scholarships open right now so they can’t sign anymore? Then after the bowl game they are hoping a few more transfer so they can possibly sign a few more in Feb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is they want to bank a couple towards 2020 if they can. Another guess is unless it’s for a high level recruit (like a Quinn Carroll or someone like that) I get the feeling they want to be done after the first signing period so they can focus on the next year’s class. That’s the feel I get at least. Hopefully the head start helps them with Kaden Johnson and Terry Lockett.

per Randy:

They crisscross the country, wooing teenagers, trying to impress their parents and talking up their programs in hopes of landing that coveted four-star recruit.

P.J. Fleck is part of this fraternity, and Wednesday, as college football’s three-day early national signing period begins, the Gophers coach will get a look at where his recruiting sits.

The conclusion: Overall, quite strong, with room to improve locally.

Fleck is expected to sign 23 players to national letters of intent for his Class of 2019, and the recruiting-focused website 247Sports.com has the Gophers’ class ranked No. 33 nationally and eighth among Big Ten teams in its composite of major national recruiting services.

That’s a solid follow-up to Minnesota’s 2018 class, which ranked No. 30 after the first day of the early signing period and settled at No. 38.

The last time Minnesota had two consecutive top-40 recruiting classes came in 2008-09, when Tim Brewster signed the No. 26 and No. 35 class, respectively.

During the Jerry Kill/Tracy Claeys era, the Gophers’ rankings ranged from No. 46 to No. 67.

http://www.startribune.com/another-top-40-hit-for-gophers-coach-p-j-fleck-in-recruiting/503091632/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Shama: Fleck: U Recruiting Class ‘Historic’

“National Signing Day, it’s a very historic day for us,” Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck said in video footage shown this morning on the Big Ten Network. “We’re looking to sign…recruiting classes that are arguably the greatest recruiting classes back-to-back in Minnesota history (Internet era).

“Coaches get a lot of credit when you win. … At the end of the day this is a players’ game. And we’ve got to find the best players and the best people that match our culture, match our university, match our state, and match this program as we continue to move forward.”

Because of technology and the fan interest in college football, recruiting rankings have become a phenomena of the new millennium. 247 reported the Gophers’ classes of 2017, 2016 and 2015 ranked No. 59, 46 and 63 nationally.

As of today Minnesota has the No. 8 class in the Big Ten, per 247. West Division rivals Nebraska, Purdue and Wisconsin rank higher but GopherIllustrated.com authority Ryan Burns thinks Minnesota’s class compares favorably, if not better. “I would put the offer list that Minnesota has for their commits versus any team in the Big Ten West (Division), and I think Minnesota would win,” Burns told Sports Headliners several days ago.

The Gophers have two four-star recruits, per 247Sports. They are Memphis defensive tackle Kristian Williams and Ellenwood, Georgia defensive tackle Rashad Cheney. Williams’ FBS offers included LSU and Mississippi, while Cheney turned down Alabama and Georgia.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Could it be that they really only have 21 scholarships open right now so they can’t sign anymore? Then after the bowl game they are hoping a few more transfer so they can possibly sign a few more in Feb?

I don’t think there is anyone at the NCAA closely monitoring the Gophers or any team with a microscope. I think they depend on the schools to self-police. I also don’t think the accounting for the 25 and 85 has to exactly tie out at all times. There’s probably just some date in the summer where you submit a report of who your 25 and 85 are for that year, and it just has to tie out by then. Wild guess

Darius Robinson signed with Missouri. Was rumored to be a Gopher lean the past few weeks.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom