Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Where do the Gophers stand on Evan Hull ? If they are still recruiting, would it be as a PWO, or a scholarship ?

I would assume with Cam Wiley and Potts they probably only looking at him as a PWO if at all. Not saying he isn't a good player he probably just doesn't fit with where we are with this class.

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Hookfin-46056488/

3* (0.8836) on 247, 6-5 270 from Sugar Land. Shows "warm" for Illinois, Arizona St, Houston, and Texas. Many other offers with "cool", including Minnesota. Crystal ball 91% to Texas.

I don't think OT is a pressing need for 2019 class?

We only have 2 o-linemen committed in this class, one projected to be a guard and the other a tackle. Grant Norton was a 2018 recruit who already left the program. I don't think we "need" an OT, but it makes sense to take one if we view someone as a top recruit. Safety seems like the one position where we definitely need another recruit.

Try to flip Marvin Grant from Purdue if Brohm leaves for Louisville.

I think Brohm is going to stay at Purdue. Am I in the minority here?

I think Brohm is going to stay at Purdue. Am I in the minority here?

What does Purdue offer that Louisville doesn't? This isn't an xbox game, you don't get to start over. Your Alma Mater only opens once or twice in your career. Jump if you truly want it.

Saw this morning that Ryan Burns liked a picture with Allen Smith stating he has decomitted from UNC. We offered awhile back and it makes me wonder if we are maybe trying to get in on him? 6'3 205 OLB with an 86.5 composite on 247, and pretty solid offers.

Saw this morning that Ryan Burns liked a picture with Allen Smith stating he has decomitted from UNC. We offered awhile back and it makes me wonder if we are maybe trying to get in on him? 6'3 205 OLB with an 86.5 composite on 247, and pretty solid offers.

Burns made it sound like coaches were going to go pretty hard at some players, where coaches were out or in limbo, like UNC, Colorado, Purdue.

Big Official Visit day on the 7-9th. Sounds like over 20 players will be on campus to solidify early signing.

What does Purdue offer that Louisville doesn't? This isn't an xbox game, you don't get to start over. Your Alma Mater only opens once or twice in your career. Jump if you truly want it.

Purdue has a good athletic complex, their AD is willing to spend the big dollars on football, a program that is trending upward, a top 25 recruiting class, and you’re coaching in the Big Ten.

Brohm called a team meeting...that almost for sure means he is gone...which means that his commits need to be contacted ASAP

Wasn’t aware of that. Thanks for your insight. Surprised we backed out cause a safety would be nice.

We weren't convinced he was a P5 caliber safety... Take it fwiw.

Does anyone know why Chris Daniels is listed as a soft commit?? Is he likely decommiting? Are we likely to get a higher caliber DT?

Does anyone know why Chris Daniels is listed as a soft commit?? Is he likely decommiting? Are we likely to get a higher caliber DT?

Daniels took an OV to Missouri over the weekend without the staff knowing. I don't think the staff minds (as much) if you are up front with them like Schad has been but the sneaking around is usually not a great move. With the possibility that they could add some other DT's in the end here, it's probably writing on the wall.

Anyone know if the Gophers are getting Nolan Smith on campus? Heard he might decommit from Georgia.

I saw MJ Anderson’s highlights reel and my goodness I’m excited for him. 270 pound DE. He had 11 sacks and like 21 or 22 TFL senior year. Surprised he isn’t rated higher

Top Bottom