Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Ahhh well. Ya win some, ya lose some. I am surprised it's Nebraska though, as it seemed as though they weren't really even part of the conversation up until quite recently. Must have put the hard-sell on right at the very end.

Anyhow, next man up!

The kid can go where he wants, it's his life. At least he didn't lead the staff on. It was pretty evident he was not coming here.

Agreed. I would've preferred outside of the B1GW but at least it wasn't to Sconi or Iowa

You guys are being very gracious to him. I’m doing all I can to not call him a bad word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I refuse to trash 18 year old kids for their decision.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Agree- hope he stays healthy and is forever buried on the depth chart

Nah. I want him to be a 4 year starter and every time we play them he gets abused by Boye, Esezi, Alex, and any other DE who lines up across from him as we roll to 4 victories over them.

To throw salt in the wounds, both WI and NE are the first two offers for 2021 TE/OT from LSHS (Riley Mahlman 6-8 250). He got the WI two weekends ago and NE this past weekend.

Maybe we don't want him.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Is Frost making the Twin Cities a priority in recruiting? Or has Nebraska always "been around" if the player was rated high enough and/or for whatever reason got on Neb's radar? I know they tool an OL from North Dakota a few years ago.

They liked what they found in Foreman and Spielman recently... They are claiming that they have a "pipeline".

It needs to be cut off.

They liked what they found in Foreman and Spielman recently... They are claiming that they have a "pipeline".

It needs to be cut off.

Don't forget Frost played with TJ Debates (Stewartville).

Lydon Murtha, Nate Swift and probably others. I remember Von Sheppard going way back. Nebraska has got their share of Minnesotans. P.J. doesn't need to get them all, but whiffing on Benhart and Carroll is not good.

Lydon Murtha, Nate Swift and probably others. I remember Von Sheppard going way back. Nebraska has got their share of Minnesotans. P.J. doesn't need to get them all, but whiffing on Benhart and Carroll is not good.

Both were going to be long shots. We aren't going to get guys like that until we start winning and change the culture with kids wanting to stay home.

Anybody have any insight? Desperation? Hidden jewel?

It is a bit strange because they keep talking about how their recruiting class is so highly ranked, you'd think they wouldn't stoop down to a low 2-star. Must see something to be willing to damage their recruiting ranking.

2* with top other offer is Middle Tennessee.

It is a bit strange because they keep talking about how their recruiting class is so highly ranked, you'd think they wouldn't stoop down to a low 2-star. Must see something to be willing to damage their recruiting ranking.

3 star on 247 and 247 composite

The 2 star is from rivals.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

You called him a 'low 2-star'.

Rivals has him as 5.4 and 5.5 is a 3 star. So, I wouldn't call him a low 2 star when one service has him as a high 2 star plus 247 and 247 composite have as a 3 star.

I'm not exactly thrilled about the offer (what the hell do I know) but I'd rather be accurate with the discussion.

And don't worry, once he commits here he'll get the Minnesota bump in ranking :p

You called him a 'low 2-star'.

Rivals has him as 5.4 and 5.5 is a 3 star. So, I wouldn't call him a low 2 star when one service has him as a high 2 star plus 247 and 247 composite have as a 3 star.

I'm not exactly thrilled about the offer (what the hell do I know) but I'd rather be accurate with the discussion.

And don't worry, once he commits here he'll get the Minnesota bump in ranking :p
To be honest I thought the .80 rating on 247 was a low 2 star. Turns out it is a low 3 star. Still not great, but better. I don't care about the ratings if they can play football. But my point still stands that this is a fairly low rated recruit for a team that brags about recruit rankings.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Who does MD have available? Anyone we were in on?

Ahmarean Brown, WR from Florida. He was still listed as "High Choice" for Minnesota even though he was a Maryland commit. Even if WR isn't the top need, if a player is good enough, we could use him!

Nah. I want him to be a 4 year starter and every time we play them he gets abused by Boye, Esezi, Alex, and any other DE who lines up across from him as we roll to 4 victories over them.

That is better, let him be their best OL and never beat the hometown team, and never play in a bowl game!

Safety is a glaring need on the roster right now. It might simply be a case of needing a body at the position in this '19 class as Huff will be graduating and they felt so good about their other options that they moved Shenault in to the lineup at S (who is also graduating) when Winfield Jr went down. Hopefully this is a guy that the staff really liked on film.

Top Bottom