Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

If we are low 40s in early Dec. and sign (virtually) everyone at the early signing period - where do we end up? Our ranking now is only the 20-mile mark of a marathon and we are gassed. Saw the same thing last year. JB still doesn’t post because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think in order for us to take the next jump though, above where Kill or Mason had us, we need to be 35 or better in the rankings on a consistent basis.

Recruiting in that range would be consistently at least 10-20 spots higher than Kill and Mason. IMO, that's all that is needed to take that jump as long as the talent is developed. There's a lot of teams in that range who have had great sustained success at the level we are talking about...consistently challenging or winning a divisional title and ranked top 25.

Sustained success beyond that, yes, the recruiting would have to consistently be ranked around or better than 30.

If we are low 40s in early Dec. and sign (virtually) everyone at the early signing period - where do we end up? Our ranking now is only the 20-mile mark of a marathon and we are gassed. Saw the same thing last year. JB still doesn’t post because of it.

It's important to note that the coward breached the terms of our agreement and posted during his year-long "hiatus."

I'd take a guy that started for Wisconsin as an underclassman.

He never started for Wisconsin. He did play nickel as a freshman. He was all set to start this year but than lost the job in camp and decided to leave. Interesting offer. Maybe the Gophers can get more effort out of him than the Badgers did.

Guessing 3-4 spots lower nationally and maybe one spot lower in B1G? I can't see Fleck not adding at least a couple more...maybe up to 4 more. If so, Gophs probably end up treading water or move up a couple spots.

Guessing 3-4 spots lower nationally and maybe one spot lower in B1G? I can't see Fleck not adding at least a couple more...maybe up to 4 more. If so, Gophs probably end up treading water or move up a couple spots.

I believe we finished 38th last year?
Do you recall what we were ranked after the early signing period?

I believe we finished 38th last year?
Do you recall what we were ranked after the early signing period?

I believe we were in the low 30s, like 33 I think?

I used the class calculator for fun and added Rashad Cheney, Kristian Williams, and Isaiah Hookfin. If we were to land them all (not sure of the chances on that), our score would be 198.19, which would put us 32nd nationally and 8th in the B10 currently. Still have potential to meet last years recruiting ranking...

I believe we were in the low 30s, like 33 I think?

I used the class calculator for fun and added Rashad Cheney, Kristian Williams, and Isaiah Hookfin. If we were to land them all (not sure of the chances on that), our score would be 198.19, which would put us 32nd nationally and 8th in the B10 currently. Still have potential to meet last years recruiting ranking...

We finished 38th last year.

Adding those players would be great, but the theoretical ranking of 32 assumes everything else stays constant. Other programs surrounding the Gophers in the rankings will sign many players between now and February.

We will be incredibly lucky to finish higher than 40th. I'm thinking somewhere between 45th and 50th.

We finished 38th last year.

Adding those players would be great, but the theoretical ranking of 32 assumes everything else stays constant. Other programs surrounding the Gophers in the rankings will sign many players between now and February.

We will be incredibly lucky to finish higher than 40th. I'm thinking somewhere between 45th and 50th.

I was responding to the question of where we were ranked after the early signing period... And yes, We'd be lucky to sign all three, I was just speculating where we'd be ranked after early signing if we did add them all. We'd be where we were last year after early signing, so if that were to occur, expecting a ranking in the high 30s low 40s would not be out of the question.

If we are 38th at December signing day, I would guess we would drop to mid to low 40's.

I'm guessing a drop of 5-10 spots.

If we are 40's, we could drop to 50's.

I'm not going to bet on this.

It's important to note that the coward breached the terms of our agreement and posted during his year-long "hiatus."

Are you referring to his one post saying that he is "still here" and that he won't post until the year is up?

So his official wisconsion bio is lying?

https://uwbadgers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5029

He started some games due to injury. The starters at corner that year were Nelson and Tindal. He played most of the games in nickel. He was number 1 on the depth chart all spring and going into fall camp it was assumed he was a lock to start. He lost his job in camp and never won it back and decided to leave. Like I said, maybe another school can get more effort out of him than the Badgers were able to.

Are you referring to his one post saying that he is "still here" and that he won't post until the year is up?

That is correct. Posting is the opposite of not posting.

He started some games due to injury. The starters at corner that year were Nelson and Tindal. He played most of the games in nickel. He was number 1 on the depth chart all spring and going into fall camp it was assumed he was a lock to start. He lost his job in camp and never won it back and decided to leave. Like I said, maybe another school can get more effort out of him than the Badgers were able to.

A simple "I was wrong" would've sufficed.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

A saw Nnamdi's thread bumbed and clicked on this thread first, was dreading another de-commit..... Can we please get to signing day already?? The ranking posts are tiring me out and getting me nervous that there's real activity.

A saw Nnamdi's thread bumbed and clicked on this thread first, was dreading another de-commit..... Can we please get to signing day already?? The ranking posts are tiring me out and getting me nervous that there's real activity.

As long as Clark stays committed, NAM is coming imo.

Is this the surprise DE recruit visiting? Cause I was hoping it was Steven Parker

Top Bottom