Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Fair weather fans...

July 28th magpie says, "That's really good to hear what Nnamdi said about how he was recruited. I think that's a great approach by Fleck."

July 30th magpie says, "I officially don't like Fleck. High enthusiasm is one thing, but this behavior and his need to brand everything at the U with his stupid oars is psychotic and selfish. He is exactly the opposite of "Minnesota Nice."

I've heard there are really good meds you can take these days for treating bi-polar disorder.

I officially don't like Fleck now. High enthusiasm is one thing, but this behavior and his need to brand everything at the U with his stupid oars is psychotic and selfish. He is exactly the opposite of "Minnesota Nice." I hope his replacement is more similar to Kill. Fleck is Brewster 2.0.
Iam not the biggest Fleck fan, but recruiting us sales, and like sales it's cut throat, for some it runs people the wrong way, for others it makes them feel wanted. PJ has said he's not for everyone. Clearly he wasn't Brocks cup of tea. Ultimately winning is what matters, if you win the ends will always justify the means on the recruiting trail.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Fair weather fans...

July 28th magpie says, "That's really good to hear what Nnamdi said about how he was recruited. I think that's a great approach by Fleck."

July 30th magpie says, "I officially don't like Fleck. High enthusiasm is one thing, but this behavior and his need to brand everything at the U with his stupid oars is psychotic and selfish. He is exactly the opposite of "Minnesota Nice."

I've heard there are really good meds you can take these days for treating bi-polar disorder.

A large portion of the fan base seems to care more about rhetoric than results.

Minnesota is a hard place to recruit from, and you can bet that there is lots of tactics and gamesmanship involved to get players to commit from all the coaches out there.

Iam not the biggest Fleck fan, but recruiting us sales, and like sales it's cut throat, for some it runs people the wrong way, for others it makes them feel wanted. PJ has said he's not for everyone. Clearly he wasn't Brocks cup of tea. Ultimately winning is what matters, if you win the ends will always justify the means on the recruiting trail.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yeah most of what Brock said in that article is what other coaches say PJ does to negatively recruit against him. Numerous people very close to other commits have confirmed that it is not true.

Has anyone seen him play? Can I assume they saw him at camp this summer?
Camped in June and there was talk they almost offered him that day. Camped at Notre Dame too and impressed a bunch that day.
[video]http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7660080/5a2216936655ae0a4cb9bf24[/video]

Fair weather fans...

Sure, I questioned Fleck and felt maybe I was wrong about him after hearing Adim-Madumere say that a relationship and good rapport was built. To hear of constant texting and aggressive pushing for a commitment from Brock is unacceptable, and not the first time a recruit has said Fleck pressure's kids into decisions. Track record is forming, and my initial suspicions seem to have been just. That's nothing to do with meds, asshole, it's called needing more information to make a decision. That info is slowly coming out and revealing who he is as a person.

Sure, I questioned Fleck and felt maybe I was wrong about him after hearing Adim-Madumere say that a relationship and good rapport was built. To hear of constant texting and aggressive pushing for a commitment from Brock is unacceptable, and not the first time a recruit has said Fleck pressure's kids into decisions. Track record is forming, and my initial suspicions seem to have been just. That's nothing to do with meds, asshole, it's called needing more information to make a decision. That info is slowly coming out and revealing who he is as a person.

You're silly. Please go find another team to troll.

The Gophers in-state offensive linemen recruiting maybe a blank this year. Carroll goes to Notre Dame. Benhart it appears is also heading out of town.

The twenty-year record including this year seem to indicate that this is not unusual.

It is not very often that MN produce many D1 caliber offensive linemen. If they did, many like Seantrel Henderson chose greener pastures.

Here are the ones the last nineteen years that signed with the Gophers:

2019 - ?
2018 - Nahtan Boe, Lakeville, 0.8234
2017 - Blais Andries, Marshall, 0.8857
2016 - Sam Schlueter, Mayer, 0.8603
2016 - Connor Olson, Monticello, 0.8441

2015 - Bronson Dovich, Chaska, 0.8311
2015 - Nick Connelly, Red Wing, 0.8309

2014 - None
2013 - None
2012 - Jonah Pirsig, Blue Earth, 0.8757
2012 - Issac Hayes, St. Paul, 0.8740

2011 - Tommy Olson, St. Paul, 0.8740
2011 - Joe Bjorklund, Rosemount, 0.8211

2010 - Jimmy Gere, St. Paul, 0.9072
2009 - Ed Olson, St. Paul, 0.8497
2009 - Zach Mottla, St. Paul, NR
2008 - None
2007 - Trey Davis, Farmongton, 0,8556
2007 - Ryan Orton, Eden Prairie, 0.8556
2007 - Chris Bunders, Maple Grove, 0.8333
2007 - Ryan Wynn, Maple Grove, 0.7889

2006 - Adam Brinkaus, Minneapolis, 0.7881
2005 - Ryan Ruckdashel, St. Paul, 0.8333
2005 - Ned Tavale, St. Paul, 0.8333

2004 - None
2003 - Jeff Sundsmo, St. Paul, 0.8000
2002 - Mark Setterstrom, Northfield, 0.8000
2002 - Brian Goblirsch, St. Paul, 0.7667
2002 - John Ainsle, Hopkins, 0.7667

2001 - Trevor McCullough, Brainerd, NR
2000 - Mark McElroy, St. Paul, NR
1999 - Anthony Drabuzzi, Stillwater, NR

Has there been any direct quotes from other recruits about this? Seems to be all rumors. He said the whole hourglass thing was hearsay and he never actually experienced it.

Couple of 2019 recruiting tidbits. I was on 247 looking at other P5 schools. Alabama's class is all 4 and 5 stars except for their kicker. Kansas and Utah have 3 commits, Washington State has 4. Our message board would be interesting if we only had 3 or 4 commits at this point. Didn't realize Purdue has put together a really nice class (their best rated in many years).

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Big kid. I wonder if its another grey shirt situation? A few offers, but nothing crazy. Who knows, got offered Saturday and accepted today so at least he is ready to rip

After receiving a scholarship offer Saturday, I can confirm that 2019 St. Croix Falls (Wis.) offensive lineman Tyler Cooper has committed to the #Gophers over Wyoming and NDSU among other offers. https://t.co/4Y1JtVtX1W pic.twitter.com/pbzWe7F3Aa— Ryan Burns (@RyanBurnsMN) July 31, 2018

Cooper is 6ft 4in. 295lb O.G.

Reported offer list is: Wyoming, Eastern Michigan, New Mexico, North Dakota, NDSU, Northern Illinois, South Dakota, SDSU & Wisconsin.

It appears the Wisconsin offer might have been PWO or just interest.

Big kid. I wonder if its another grey shirt situation? A few offers, but nothing crazy. Who knows, got offered Saturday and accepted today so at least he is ready to rip

He's marked as a greyshirt on 247.

Couple of 2019 recruiting tidbits. I was on 247 looking at other P5 schools. Alabama's class is all 4 and 5 stars except for their kicker. Kansas and Utah have 3 commits, Washington State has 4. Our message board would be interesting if we only had 3 or 4 commits at this point. Didn't realize Purdue has put together a really nice class (their best rated in many years).

Are kickers (and punters and long snappers) capped at three stars? Kickers are one area where it's pretty easy to compare stats, plus there's the kicker camps where detailed evaluations are compiled. My point being that of all the positions in football, the kickers (and punters and snappers) are the easiest ones to accurately rank from top to bottom - the ranking isn't perfect, but it's easier than any other position. So why does the top rated kicker/punter/LS only get a rating of three stars? Seems like if you're number 1 in your position for the country you should be a five star. Just my rambling thoughts, I'll go back to my coding day job now...

So when a guy greyshirts can he also redshirt? Or is he essentially redshirting without taking a roster spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom