Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Beebe is low 3*, we have enough low 3*'s/2* commited already with Williamson, Weeks, and Kramer. It's a good thing he picked KS I say.

I wasn't really saying it was good or bad, but it seems off to me that you would put star rankings over where our staff ranked him.

I wasn't really saying it was good or bad, but it seems off to me that you would put star rankings over where our staff ranked him.

Our staff has a zillion offers out, they take first come first serve basis. That being said, that doesn't mean they wouldn't rather have higher rated players over the likes of Beebe. Let's not be so naive.

Our staff has a zillion offers out, they take first come first serve basis. That being said, that doesn't mean they wouldn't rather have higher rated players over the likes of Beebe. Let's not be so naive.

If our staff is throwing offers out to people who we really don't want, they're doing a terrible job.

I think it's naive to think that the staff didn't want to land a kid they offered in November of his junior year.

If our staff is throwing offers out to people who we really don't want, they're doing a terrible job.

I think it's naive to think that the staff didn't want to land a kid they offered in November of his junior year.

Didn't say they wouldn't want any of those zillion offers they hand out, I said they would take em, first come first serve. My point is there are players they want more than others, just like anything. Losing Beebe is fine by me if they can get higher rated DTs.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

World Herald: Four-star Council Bluffs Lewis Central quarterback Max Duggan nearing decision

Max Duggan is going quiet.

The consensus four-star quarterback out of Council Bluffs Lewis Central has completed his visits. As of Monday, he’s not talking to any coaches. He’s down to his final days before he decides, then announces, where he’s committing to play college football in 2019.

“I’m being completely honest — it switches for me like every day,” Duggan said. “It’s difficult. I’ll have a top three when I wake up and go to bed with a different one.”

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound rising senior took a glut of visits in March — Ohio State, Notre Dame, Minnesota and TCU among them — and liked them all. He especially liked Gopher coach P.J. Fleck’s plans for developing players off the field as much as on it, and Minnesota's new Football Performance Center, which opened in February.

At TCU, the smallest of all the campuses, Duggan said he liked the feel of the place — how everyone seemed to know everyone else. He also warmed to the Horned Frogs’ offense, a spread passing attack that has averaged more than 30 points per game for each of the last four seasons. It mirrors, Duggan said, Lewis Central’s attack.

“I really enjoy it because it looks simple, but they have a lot of different concepts, a lot of different things that to go with it,” Duggan said.

Nebraska coach Scott Frost has kept in contact, Duggan said. He has not recently visited the Huskers.

Duggan said he could announce his decision any time — even this week.

“I’m getting very close — I can feel it in my gut and my heart,” Duggan said. “I’ve talked to my parents. There’s no point in taking any longer than I have to.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/recrui...cle_9845bfae-3c5b-11e8-98aa-5793a0728c01.html

Go Gophers!!

World Herald: Four-star Council Bluffs Lewis Central quarterback Max Duggan nearing decision

Max Duggan is going quiet.

The consensus four-star quarterback out of Council Bluffs Lewis Central has completed his visits. As of Monday, he’s not talking to any coaches. He’s down to his final days before he decides, then announces, where he’s committing to play college football in 2019.

“I’m being completely honest — it switches for me like every day,” Duggan said. “It’s difficult. I’ll have a top three when I wake up and go to bed with a different one.”

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound rising senior took a glut of visits in March — Ohio State, Notre Dame, Minnesota and TCU among them — and liked them all. He especially liked Gopher coach P.J. Fleck’s plans for developing players off the field as much as on it, and Minnesota's new Football Performance Center, which opened in February.

At TCU, the smallest of all the campuses, Duggan said he liked the feel of the place — how everyone seemed to know everyone else. He also warmed to the Horned Frogs’ offense, a spread passing attack that has averaged more than 30 points per game for each of the last four seasons. It mirrors, Duggan said, Lewis Central’s attack.

“I really enjoy it because it looks simple, but they have a lot of different concepts, a lot of different things that to go with it,” Duggan said.

Nebraska coach Scott Frost has kept in contact, Duggan said. He has not recently visited the Huskers.

Duggan said he could announce his decision any time — even this week.

“I’m getting very close — I can feel it in my gut and my heart,” Duggan said. “I’ve talked to my parents. There’s no point in taking any longer than I have to.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/recrui...cle_9845bfae-3c5b-11e8-98aa-5793a0728c01.html

Go Gophers!!

The Gophers guys on 247, among some others, appear to be dropping their Gophers Crystal Ball prediction. Not carved in stone, I know, but not overly encouraging.

From a limited sample size what I’ve seen with the crystal ball thing is they are free to change their predictions at any time depending on how the wind is blowing. Since some of them likely hear insider rumors from the player, or handlers/coaches/family prior to a public announcement there is a mad rush to change their prediction before it goes public and it seems to induce a cascade or lemming-like movement. They are not always correct in the end. Maybe they are hearing things or maybe they are taking educated guesses. Kid seems truly conflicted. He’ll figure it out in the end.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Looks like a strong recruit, but his profile lists him as "warmer" to Texas A&M. Brewster is is lead recruiter...Let's hope he likes his chilli warm and not hot...

Looks like a strong recruit, but his profile lists him as "warmer" to Texas A&M. Brewster is is lead recruiter...Let's hope he likes his chilli warm and not hot...

Brewster always concerns me as I don't believe he tells the truth all the time. While adults may understand that, 16-17-18 year old youth don't always do.

I don't mean this as any kind of rip on PJ, but this isn't a surprise.

His older brother committed to Kill and then played a lot under Claeys and saw his PT cut drastically under PJ.

I don't mean it as a rip on PJ either, I mostly like what he is doing. But, I am not sure how much Colton was limited by injury last season, but if that was not a big limitation then I don't get why the OC did not use a FB more last season given how beat up our oline was and how few capable receivers we had. We did not gain by spreading guys out wide who can't get open. I understand wanting to run your offense. but we needed blocking last year and Colton does that really well.
There are frustrations for someone every time a coaching change happens, I get it. But making the game harder than it is is not helpful. Too bad the youngest Beebe was in this class rather than next year, but it is what it is.

I don't mean it as a rip on PJ either, I mostly like what he is doing. But, I am not sure how much Colton was limited by injury last season, but if that was not a big limitation then I don't get why the OC did not use a FB more last season given how beat up our oline was and how few capable receivers we had. We did not gain by spreading guys out wide who can't get open. I understand wanting to run your offense. but we needed blocking last year and Colton does that really well.
There are frustrations for someone every time a coaching change happens, I get it. But making the game harder than it is is not helpful. Too bad the youngest Beebe was in this class rather than next year, but it is what it is.

I'm with you on the further use of a FB in some formations last year. Getting Beebe in some motion and running something a little similar to how kill liked to run the ball would have been nice. I say that but I am glad we have a new offensive system, I am just suggesting it may have helped us with the limited options we had last year.

Go Gophers!!

Somebody with access spill the beans *eye emoji*

Top Bottom