Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Not that quiet. The dead period was supposed to be time for coaches and staff to take a vacation. But, I think those coaches are tethered to their mobile devices.

This is probably the time that the coaches are most nervous.

You cannot have person to person contact during the dead period, but you can still communicate.

Not that quiet. The dead period was supposed to be time for coaches and staff to take a vacation. But, I think those coaches are tethered to their mobile devices.

This is probably the time that the coaches are most nervous.

You cannot have person to person contact during the dead period, but you can still communicate.

I can't picture Claeys doing all this contact.

Would be shocked on Gibson

I apologize if this has been reported elsewhere. J. Brock will announce tomorrow - Friday- where he is going/committed at 5:p.m. Minnesota time. It is down to Gophers, NW, IaState. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.

The most important thing to me is that Jacob Clark is working to recruit him. Not only is he the #48 recruit in Texas, but Clark's wide receiver is a 4-star 2020 recruit. I like the idea of a QB being proactive in recruiting teammates, just as Annexstad did. I want a QB to be a leader!! And in case anyone thinks that #48 in Texas isn't significant; for a long time, it was rare that Minnesota got a commit from a player in the Texas Top 100.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Anybody know what the decision timeline looks like for Jermaine Johnson? His crystal ball is UGA, but I haven't heard any updates.

Anybody know what the decision timeline looks like for Jermaine Johnson? His crystal ball is UGA, but I haven't heard any updates.

He's going back to Indiana. Oh, wait. You said "Johnson" and not "Jackson."

I've been to Ames. I've lived in Minneapolis. How anyone would want to live in Ames, over Minneapolis, is beyond me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Brock is indeed headed to Iowa State - just committed.

It seems like his love for us took a nosedive after we took the other RB commitment.

Is this now a good time to discuss that I thought Brock would be a bust? In all seriousness though it's a blow to us but maybe we'll get Barlow or somebody just as good.

It seems like his love for us took a nosedive after we took the other RB commitment.

There's no way Brock is nervous about a low 3 star APB. Potts looks great to me but would someone like Brock be scared of him taking away his snaps? I think the recruitment has been weird in the last two months so could be numerous factors.

Wonder how Illinois is feeling losing all these prospects elsewhere?

I've been to Ames. I've lived in Minneapolis. How anyone would want to live in Ames, over Minneapolis, is beyond me.

I'm from Minneapolis. Not Bloomington or EP or some other suburb, but MPLS. And I went to Iowa State.

You're right, it's different. But maybe that benefits Iowa State.

In Ames you're the man. You're recognized everywhere you go. Some kids like that.

Iowa State is one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. That's not my opinion, it's been given awards for it's layout and landscaping. It really is more compact and connected than UM. I didn't like how UM was intertwined with downtown.

We had a basketball transfer from Marshall and he said he came to Iowa State because it allowed him to focus on school and basketball. Some guys may want that. Some may not. If they don't want that...

There are 35k students in a college town. The town is Iowa State. Every one you meet is somehow related or connected to Iowa State. There's something special about that you don't get in MPLS. Tailgating and atmosphere at Iowa State is worlds above UM. I spent my youth going to Gopher games and still go when I go home if they're playing.

Everyone likes what they like, but I choose Iowa State over UM for those reasons. It took some adjusting but it's now my home. It doesn't need to be your home, but there are different reasons guys choise schools.

I can't imagine turning down a full ride at Northwestern to go to Iowa St.

But to each their own - good luck to the young man!!

I'm from Minneapolis. Not Bloomington or EP or some other suburb, but MPLS. And I went to Iowa State.

In Ames you're the man. You're recognized everywhere you go. Some kids like that.

Iowa State is one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. That's not my opinion, it's been given awards for it's layout and landscaping. It really is more compact and connected than UM. I didn't like how UM was intertwined with downtown.

We had a basketball transfer from Marshall and he said he came to Iowa State because it allowed him to focus on school and basketball. Some guys may want that. Some may not. If they don't want that...

There are 35k students in a college town. The town is Iowa State. Every one you meet is somehow related or connected to Iowa State. There's something special about that you don't get in MPLS. Tailgating and atmosphere at Iowa State is worlds above UM. I spent my youth going to Gopher games and still go when I go home if they're playing.

Everyone likes what they like, but I choose Iowa State over UM for those reasons. It took some adjusting but it's now my home. It doesn't need to be your home, but there are different reasons guys choise schools.

So you were the man at Iowa State?

Some kids really like living in college town, I think for some Minneapolis is a disadvantage. Our town isn't gopher centric.

Awesome post! You made some excellent points! Sorry that we (Us Gopher fans) lost a good recruit, but I would rather he go to Iowa State University then another BigTen school. May Mr. Brock give the Hawkeyes fits!

Cheers!

There's no way Brock is nervous about a low 3 star APB. Potts looks great to me but would someone like Brock be scared of him taking away his snaps? I think the recruitment has been weird in the last two months so could be numerous factors.

Exactly. Doesn’t Iowa St already have a 4 Star RB commit in addition to Brock? I don’t think he’s worried about competition.

His recruitment was really weird. First, super high on Iowa, they sign a couple of RBs, cancel his official, and he gets upset. Next, Gophers seem like the spot and we sign an RB, interest by him appears to fade. Notre Dame seems interested but not all about him so it doesn’t develop. Iowa St is still standing there after all the dust settles and he commits.

He may have been high on the above teams recruitment boards but not high enough to have teams wait for him vs taking commitments from the comparable players that committed. To me, that shows 1 of 2 things, 1. The other players might be underrated in comparison (I.E. Potts may be closer to a 4 Star) or 2. Brock is inflated 4-star while coaches were evaluating. His offer list is interesting for a 4 Star in terms of helmet schools.

I would have been happy if he committed but I think we are in a fine spot still moving forward when it comes to RBs in this class and the previous class.

It's almost as if there are a hundred reasons to pick a school that are more important than its location. No one would ever want to live in Tuscaloosa, right?

Hopefully, he will be a torn on Iowa's behind.

Top Bottom