Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Is Bryce Benhart still seeing Wiscy Red? Will Joacheim Price consider committing?

How can we expect that before it has happened? I mean we've had the stadium for a while now. You think a bunch of 4 and 5 stars from all over the country are going to flock here just because we upgrade some facilities, ignoring all the other programs making upgrades? That's ridiculous.

You must have been against funding the Village and spending the money on Fleck then? What, may I ask, are your expectations on an annual basis? 6-5? The occasional 7-5 or 8-4 when MI and Ohio State are rotated off the schedule?

Do we all work jobs where despite given better tools to work with production should only stay the same? This is not hard.

Will Nnamdi's commitment light a fire under Jirehl's feet and commit? The boat is moving and won't wait.

Sounds like Brocks last official could be ISU and then a commitment is coming. 247’s ND beat writer is showing he’s leaning towards MN!

Is Bryce Benhart still seeing Wiscy Red? Will Joacheim Price consider committing?

I am still trying to digest how quickly PJ Fleck gets his recruiting classes filled up. Was he like this at WMU?

Magic numbers: Top 30s National Recruiting Ranking, Average Composite Score of 86 or better, and 200 total points. This will at least put the Gophers talent-wise in a position to legitimately challenge Wiscy every year.

A recruiting class like this four in a row will do wonders. If they want attract more higher caliber talent, they have to start winning, and their chances are enhance with this type of recruiting classes. There are no guarantees.

Minnesota up to #19 in team recruiting rankings on 247. Number 4 in B1G.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

We all know it will drop, but it's good to be that high at least for now.
Provided it's 6 months until they sign the papers.

The recruiting class is nice, but walk on's are essential as well to providing depth.

If you can get one or two of your starting 22 from a walk-on, you're miles ahead.

Sounds like Brocks last official could be ISU and then a commitment is coming. 247’s ND beat writer is showing he’s leaning towards MN!

Would be a tremendous get to go with the stud receiver who just verballed. I found it interesting that they had 3 backs on campus I think at the same time that had great offers, (all had Notre Dame offers or at least 2 did) and they were 4 star players. I don't recall that ever, even during Brews crootin' days (although I remember when Mas got Maroney who was a 4 star). PJF is recruiting really well, hopefully he and his staff can coach em' up and translate it into wins. I don't know about anyone else but I'm amazed at how quickly he fills his classes, just like last year we are just about done and it's not even July!

So you think Kill's (and Wisconsin's) plan is target lower rated recruits in lieu of higher rated recruits just for the challenge? Like that's some sort of recruiting strategy that's actually employed? That's absurd.

If Kill could've reeled in classes full of 4 star recruits at this dumpster fire of a program he inherited, clearly he would have. They're getting the best players they're able to get, and trying to make the best football team that they can out of those players.

The garbage that repeatedly gets slung around here about Kill and Claeys, who are long gone now, is both frustratingly ignorant and funny at the same time, somehow.
4522c37e986563bc288f91be2c67630c.jpg

Everyone wants high recruits, but not everyone is able to land them.
A lot of men might want a wife who was an MIT graduate, who is a 10 for looks, and is funny and witty who has millionaire parents, but sometimes you fall in love with someone who doesn't fit that description.

The dumpster fire of Brewster seems pretty subjective. I believe the interim coach even won two games with that talent that Brewster brought in.
Kill was excellent at downplaying expectations. When Mason and Brewster were head coach, we competed with WI.

Since Kill took over, we haven't been close with WI.
I think we just found Goldy a wife!!!
7fbfe05ea6aa5dbf3e1c98a1fb666ec6.jpg

per Randy:

The 6-3, 226-pounder from Fort Worth (Texas) Southwest High School was a priority for Gophers coach P.J. Fleck. He is a three-star recruit and has the second-highest rating among the 19 commitments the Gophers have received for the Class of 2019. Adim-Madumere is the No. 57-ranked wide receiver recruit nationally by the 247Sports.com composite ratings of major national recruiting services.

Adim-Madumere caught 26 passes for 837 yards and 13 touchdowns as a junior last year and has 34 receptions for 985 yards in his prep career. He made an unofficial visit to the Gophers on Friday after attending a Minnesota satellite camp on Monday.

The addition of Adim-Madumere has the Gophers at No. 18 nationally and third in the Big Ten, behind Ohio State and Michigan, in the 247Sports composite. In 247Sports’ own rankings, the Gophers are No. 15 nationally and second in the Big Ten.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-had-offers-from-alabama-texas-a-m/486307731/

Go Gophers!!

per Pioneer Press:

The Gophers football program on Friday received a commitment from Nnamdi Adim-Madumere, a three-star receiver from Southwest High School in Fort Worth, Texas.

“I’m VERY excited to announce that I’ll be continuing my football and academic career at Minnesota!! !! #committed,” Adim-Madumere tweeted.

Adim-Madumere, 6 feet 3 and 226 pounds, also had offers from Alabama, Baylor and Texas A&M, among other schools, according to multiple reports. He is the No. 70-ranked wide receiver in the Class of 2019 by 247sports.com and averaged 32 yards per reception last season.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/06/...receiver-nnamdi-adim-madumere-commits-to-umn/

Go Gophers!!

You must have been against funding the Village and spending the money on Fleck then? What, may I ask, are your expectations on an annual basis? 6-5? The occasional 7-5 or 8-4 when MI and Ohio State are rotated off the schedule?

Do we all work jobs where despite given better tools to work with production should only stay the same? This is not hard.

Fleck had the 6th highest salary in the conference last year. In 2015 Kill had the 7th. Fleck has a new practice facility, Kill had a brand new stadium. I don't know why you think recruiting should be so much easier for Fleck, although he is making it look easier by out performing all past regimes. I expect Fleck to improve upon the last regime if he is going to last here. He is doing it in recruiting, he'll need to do it on the field as well. I hope we can land top 30 classes consistently. But it's not like we have a great winning tradition, have better facilities then everyone else in the conference, or spent money to bring in a big time coaching staff. Wisconsin and Iowa finish outside the top 30 most years, there's little reason to expect to just leap frog them. I expected better classes than Kill because I didn't think Kill was much of a recruiter, and Fleck has exceeded my expectations so far.

Fleck had the 6th highest salary in the conference last year. In 2015 Kill had the 7th. Fleck has a new practice facility, Kill had a brand new stadium. I don't know why you think recruiting should be so much easier for Fleck, although he is making it look easier by out performing all past regimes. I expect Fleck to improve upon the last regime if he is going to last here. He is doing it in recruiting, he'll need to do it on the field as well. I hope we can land top 30 classes consistently. But it's not like we have a great winning tradition, have better facilities then everyone else in the conference, or spent money to bring in a big time coaching staff. Wisconsin and Iowa finish outside the top 30 most years, there's little reason to expect to just leap frog them. I expected better classes than Kill because I didn't think Kill was much of a recruiter, and Fleck has exceeded my expectations so far.

So what you’re saying is Fleck has a new stadium, new practice facilities and makes more money?

...Now we sit and wait to see if any more targeted recruits will commit before tomorrow at midnight. The Dead Period officially start 12:01 AM June 25 until July 24.

...Now we sit and wait to see if any more targeted recruits will commit before tomorrow at midnight. The Dead Period officially start 12:01 AM June 25 until July 24.

The dead period means you can't talk to them right? I think they can still commit all on their own.... granted that would seem less likely.

per Sid:

• P.J. Fleck continues to get commitments. The latest is Nnamdi Adim-Madumere of Fort Worth, Texas. He was sought by Baylor, Alabama, Boise State, Texas Tech and Texas A&M. Adim-Madumere has 34 receptions for 985 yards and 13 touchdowns in his high school career. The Gophers now have the second-best recruiting class in the Big Ten, according to 247Sports.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-face-challenge-of-high-expectations-as-camp-nears/486363661/

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• P.J. Fleck continues to get commitments. The latest is Nnamdi Adim-Madumere of Fort Worth, Texas. He was sought by Baylor, Alabama, Boise State, Texas Tech and Texas A&M. Adim-Madumere has 34 receptions for 985 yards and 13 touchdowns in his high school career. The Gophers now have the second-best recruiting class in the Big Ten, according to 247Sports.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-face-challenge-of-high-expectations-as-camp-nears/486363661/

Go Gophers!!

I think he meant to say second best in the B1G West.

Current Big Ten Top Four:
1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Purdue
4. Minnesota

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=Big-Ten

Jeff Brohm at Purdue is a big nightmare for PJ Fleck. MN had an average finish of 5th and Purdue 6th in the B1G West. This will change shortly, but how are the standings going to shake up in the B1G West? There are tough competition and it is not necessarily all coming from Wisconsin.

Damn it and we're behind Purdue!

And for those that think 1 or 2 point differences mean something in average grading- we're unfortunately 13th in average grading in the Big Ten (11th for those of you who think the presence of a LS or K is the root of our low grading).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for those that think 1 or 2 point differences mean something in average grading- we're unfortunately 13th in average grading in the Big Ten (11th for those of you who think the presence of a LS or K is the root of our low grading).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking back over the last 10 years of avg rating of Big Ten teams...either everybody is recruiting a lot better or the avg rating has gone up by about 3.0. IE in 2018 the lowest rated class had an avg rating of 83 something while in 2008 it was 79 something and the lower quartile of teams were around the 80-82. There is a definite upward trend over time across all teams although I’m not going to spreadsheet it. Surely one of the retirees or business majors here has some extra time on their hands.

I’m a bit suspicious of 247 to begin with. I’d like to see some graphs and data.

Looking back over the last 10 years of avg rating of Big Ten teams...either everybody is recruiting a lot better or the avg rating has gone up by about 3.0. IE in 2018 the lowest rated class had an avg rating of 83 something while in 2008 it was 79 something and the lower quartile of teams were around the 80-82. There is a definite upward trend over time across all teams although I’m not going to spreadsheet it. Surely one of the retirees or business majors here has some extra time on their hands.

I’m a bit suspicious of 247 to begin with. I’d like to see some graphs and data.

Remember how Urban criticized the level of recruiting in the B1G when he started at OSU. He must have been right and we have picked up our game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are the odds that the Gophers will pick a commit before midnight tonight? Waiting until after July 24 a lot of things can happen on those kids on the fence.

The dead period was supposed to be the time for coaches to take vacations. But, they still have to stay in contact with all their recruits unless they want to risk players changing their minds. Just as in the wildlife preserves, you never know what poacher lie lurking waiting in ambush to strike at an opportunistic moment.

Some kids get late offers from their dream schools. It has to be a nightmare to keep players committed, and at the same time think of a Plan B player in case you get a decommitment late.

Strangely, in a way decommitments are a badge of honor. Jalen Mayfield decommitted last year because he got offered by Michigan his dream school. It means that the Gophers are attracting better players the big power schools want. The positive sign is the Gophers are also winning players over who have offers from upper tier P5 schools.

Do the rankings really matter at this point? We are only 4th due to volume and I believe we are 2nd to last in average (B1G). I understand our special team recruits drive down the average a bit and some teams may also come down as they fill in their class. Just feels like if we don't fill the remaining spots with higher recruits like our last commit, we will slide very quickly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom