Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

GopherHole Q&A: Tyler Endres on Recent U Visit: "It was really exciting. It was very impressive."
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/786197?referrer_id=

Tyler Endres, a 6-foot-6, 285 sophomore pound offensive tackle from Norwalk (IA) High, visited Minnesota recently for their Junior Day. He picked up his third offer from the Gophers to go along with previous offers from Iowa and Iowa State.

Gopher Hole recently caught up with Endres to learn more about his Minnesota visit and early recruitment.

Gopher Hole: You recently visited Minnesota for their Junior Day. What were your impressions of the visit?

Tyler Endres: It was really cool. It was really exciting. It was very impressive. All the energy it takes on practice and the energy that Coach Fleck has on practice. He gives it every day. It was just really fiery and I liked it.

Gopher Hole: What all did you get a chance to see and do?

Tyler Endres: I saw him running across the field, doing some of the stretches with them to get them going faster. That was really cool and really unusual for a head coach.

Gopher Hole: The Gophers extended the offer to you. What was the feeling when you heard about the offer?

Tyler Endres: It was really cool. It took me by surprise, because they just called me. They hadn't talked to me and they offered me a scholarship, but it was really cool to finally do that.

Gopher Hole: How did the Gophers find out about you? Was it through Coach (Bryce) Paup or don't you know?

Tyler Endres: They might have heard about my Iowa State offer and watched my film. Coach Paup, I think he might have remembered me, because UNI visited the school and talked to me a little, too. Coach Paup might have remembered me.

Gopher Hole: What are the Gophers saying to you so far?

Tyler Endres: They are saying that they really like my film. They like the way that I assert my blocks and my foot work. They like my ability to engage with contact and win with contact. They said if I was going to go to Minnesota that I would have a really good chance of starting my true freshman year.

Gopher Hole: Iowa and Iowa State are the homestate schools and they have offered you. Is that appealing to you?

Tyler Endres: I could see myself going out of state, but not really too far. I am considering all of my colleges right now.

Gopher Hole: Do you come from a sports-minded family?

Tyler Endres: My mom played basketball at UNI and I had a cousin who played basketball at Iowa. His name was Chris Street (a former Hawkeye standout who was killed January 19. 1993 when his car collided with a snow plow).

Gopher Hole: Norwalk finished 10-2 last season. What are the expectations for the upcoming season?

Tyler Endres: We are expecting to work hard in the offseason to get better and hopefully, we will get a chance to make it far in the playoffs.

Gopher Hole: Do you have most of your players back from last year or did you lose a lot to graduation?

Tyler Endres: We have a lot of people back. Our defense, we have a few. Offensively, we have four players leaving and defense has six or seven. Our offensive line is coming back. We lost two receivers and one quarterback.

Gopher Hole: Will you play just offensive line or will you play both sides?

Tyler Endres: I have been playing just offensive line, but this year, they are going to try defensive line, too. I am going to play both ways this year.

Gopher Hole: Is that something that you are looking forward to?

Tyler Endres: Yes. I have been wanting to do that my freshmen and sophomore year?

Gopher Hole: Do you think that it is an advantage being an offensive lineman to play some defense because you know from the offensive side what works and what doesn't?

Tyler Endres: That is going to help me a lot when I play defense, knowing what is easiest to stop and what is hard to stop. That is going to be really good to know.

Gopher Hole: You also play basketball and throw shot and discus in track and field. Do you think that playing those other sports helps you for football?

Tyler Endres: Yes. Playing basketball helps me with my foot work and just stay competitive all year. Track is good for staying in shape and working on my footwork for shot and discus and it also helps me stay in the weight room and stay competitive all year.

Gopher Hole: Do you play AAU basketball?

Tyler Endres: Yes. I play for the Iowa Cornsharks.

Gopher Hole: What would it mean to play Division I football?

Tyler Endres: That will mean a lot. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to Division I football. That will be fun.

Gopher Hole: You seem to have some great opportunities already. What will the feeling be like the first time as a freshman to walk out onto the field in front of thousands of fans?

Tyler Endres: I'll be very nervous, but really excited about seeing my goal to play college football. It will be really awesome.

Gopher Hole: I know that that it is early in the process, but do you like the recruiting process so far?

Tyler Endres: Yes. It is fun. It is a lot of work and a lot of stuff that I need to think about. Some really tough decisions that I have to make for the next few years.

Gopher Hole: Do you see how it could be a little overwhelming at times already?

Tyler Endres: Yes. I can.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

From Beresford, SD
Offers from Iowa State, SDSU and USD

247: http://247sports.com/Player/Blake-Peterson-46037127

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/6250640/58041256ed57ee70bc4a623a' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

per KSTP:

Lakeville North offensive linemen Nathan Boe and Bryce Benhart are both being recruited to play for coach PJ Fleck and the University of Minnesota. Boe, a senior, has commited to the Gophers, while Benhart, a junior, is still considering his options.

Boe commited to the Gophers earlier this summer, and is excited to join the group of "elite" athletes that Fleck has been recruiting. While he looks forward to joining Minnesota next year, his focus is currently on having a succesful senior season, and he is hopeful he can lead Lakeville North to a state championship.

Benhart, who still has two years left to play at Lakeville North, is also focusing on having another strong season for the Panthers. While he says that him and Boe have always talked about playing together at the next level, he is keeping an open mind during the recruiting process, and doesn't plan on making a decision until his senior year. He has received offers from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa State, and UCLA.

http://kstp.com/news/boe-benhart-la...-minnesota-recruits-gophers-pj-fleck/4535934/

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Another Eagle with Gopher ties is junior quarterback Cole Kramer, the grandson of former U football player and athletic director Tom Moe. Grant refers to Kramer as a “top five quarterback” in the state. A starter last season, Kramer has added weight and muscle.

“He could go on a college team right now and throw with them (other quarterbacks),” Grant said. “His arm is that strong.”

Grant, who has been coaching at Eden Prairie since 1992, isn’t willing to call Kramer his best ever quarterback because he hasn’t won a state title. That might change this fall, though, because Grant likes the talent and work ethic of his team, despite having only five returnees on offense and three on defense.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

High end 4* QB. Hopefully they can get him on a visit in the spring.

Go Gophers!!

per Greg:

Four-Star '19 QB Takes Pac-12 Visit

Murrieta Valley (Calif.) junior quarterback Hank Bachmeier visited Cal over the weekend and had a good time in Berkeley.

"I feel like a priority at Cal, the staff is recruiting me really hard. I feel so comfortable around all the coaches. Coach Tui (Marques Tuiasosopo), coach (Justin) Wilcox and coach (Dave) Baldwin are all a real solid and genuine group of guys and I love being around them."

Bachmeier was able to spend some time with the coaches following the game.

"After the game, I went down on the field and said hi to a few of the players and coaches and then had a good conversation with coach Tui," Bachmeier said. "We talked about the game, their offense and how he felt about it. I like that offense a lot and feel it suits me very well.

"He talked about some of things he saw and what he was telling (Ross) Bowers. He wasn't pressing me too much about recruiting which personally I like a lot about him. I talk to him every week so it was just nice to catch a game and see the coaches and really observe the offense."

Bachmeier has plans to check out several other programs later this season.

"I was at UCLA last week," Bachmeier said. "PJ Fleck (Minnesota head coach) is visiting me tomorrow and I'm planning a visit out there (Sept. 30) for their game with Maryland. I'm trying to visit Colorado this week for their game with Washington and I'm going to visit Boise State when they play Wyoming (Oct. 21).

"Honestly I'm still feeling everything out right now. There are some schools recruiting me very hard like Cal but I really just want to try and focus on my season. At the same time, recruiting is a 247 thing so the trips are important but as of now, I'm trying to just focus on Murrieta Valley football and having a great season."

http://scout.com/college/football/r...r-Visits-California-For-Game-With-O-107605966

Go Gophers!!

per Bill:

2019 DE Noah Potter Has Offers Rolling In

Defensive end Noah Potter is one of the top 2019 prospects in Ohio, and he already holds an impressive offer list.

Junior defensive end Noah Potter came up big for his Mentor squad Friday night in helping lead his team over Strongsville in Ohio high school action.

Potter, one of the top 2019 defensive end prospects in the Midwest, has already hit the recruiting radar in a big way and he holds several offers to date.

"My offers are from North Carolina, Minnesota, Boston College, Iowa State, Toledo, Bowling Green and Kent State," Potter stated. "I'm appreciative of all the schools that have offered me, but it kind of sticks out that North Carolina offered."

"With Mitch Trubisky being from my school, and also Brandon Fritts, it means a lot because both have done so well there," he added. "I like Minnesota a lot too, and the coaching staff there is great. Coach (P.J.) Fleck and I text every day, and he has a lot of enthusiasm."

http://scout.com/college/football/r...arold-Joiner-in-action-Friday-night-107614066

Go Gophers!!

per Greg:

Four-Star '19 QB Takes Pac-12 Visit

Murrieta Valley (Calif.) junior quarterback Hank Bachmeier visited Cal over the weekend and had a good time in Berkeley.

"I feel like a priority at Cal, the staff is recruiting me really hard. I feel so comfortable around all the coaches. Coach Tui (Marques Tuiasosopo), coach (Justin) Wilcox and coach (Dave) Baldwin are all a real solid and genuine group of guys and I love being around them."

Bachmeier was able to spend some time with the coaches following the game.

"After the game, I went down on the field and said hi to a few of the players and coaches and then had a good conversation with coach Tui," Bachmeier said. "We talked about the game, their offense and how he felt about it. I like that offense a lot and feel it suits me very well.

"He talked about some of things he saw and what he was telling (Ross) Bowers. He wasn't pressing me too much about recruiting which personally I like a lot about him. I talk to him every week so it was just nice to catch a game and see the coaches and really observe the offense."

Bachmeier has plans to check out several other programs later this season.

"I was at UCLA last week," Bachmeier said. "PJ Fleck (Minnesota head coach) is visiting me tomorrow and I'm planning a visit out there (Sept. 30) for their game with Maryland. I'm trying to visit Colorado this week for their game with Washington and I'm going to visit Boise State when they play Wyoming (Oct. 21).

"Honestly I'm still feeling everything out right now. There are some schools recruiting me very hard like Cal but I really just want to try and focus on my season. At the same time, recruiting is a 247 thing so the trips are important but as of now, I'm trying to just focus on Murrieta Valley football and having a great season."

http://scout.com/college/football/r...r-Visits-California-For-Game-With-O-107605966

Go Gophers!!

Exciting that he's coming out to the Maryland game. Should hopefully be a great atmosphere, and a W! What kind of style do you think PJ is going to come at Hank with during this upcoming visit? Hank said he doesn't like the pressuring. Hard to see PJ laying off that kind of talk, especially given PJ's tendencies to try to get recruits to commit earlier rather than later.

per Adam:

So far, Bachmeier has landed offers from Boise State, Boston College, Cal, Colorado, Fresno State, Minnesota, UCLA, UNLV, Utah and Washington.

More visits should be coming up in the next few weeks.

“So P.J. Fleck (was at Murrieta Valley on Monday), so he has been recruiting me very hard,” Bachmeier said. “I made sure to pick a game, Maryland on Sept. 30.

“Boise is also a school I like a lot so I scheduled their game against Wyoming. Those are for-sure games. Colorado I am trying to figure out to make it out this week but don't know yet.”

Having Fleck fly out meant a lot to the 2019 four-star quarterback.

“Tremendous person,” Bachmeier said. “Very genuine and energetic. Meant a lot that he flew out here just to see me.”

https://n.rivals.com/news/pac-12-visit-impresses-2019-four-star-qb-hank-bachmeier

Go Gophers!!

How many texts do you think PJ sends out in a day?

How many texts do you think PJ sends out in a day?

He's recruiting 100+ guys...does he have a ghost texter? I don't think it would be effective to send them all the same inspirational quote, same video without splicing in messages personal to them.

He's recruiting 100+ guys...does he have a ghost texter? I don't think it would be effective to send them all the same inspirational quote, same video without splicing in messages personal to them.

The guy hardly sleeps and I heard he goes running early in the morning on some days. He is a walking can of Red Bull boundless energy.

Pioneer Press: Prized Edina tackle Quinn Carroll starting to sift through offers

Some of the premier programs to offer scholarships to Carroll include Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma and Notre Dame. The Gophers are considered to be in the mix.

“We try to get him out, to expose him to as many programs as possible because, truth be told, he really had no clue what he was looking for,” said Jay Carroll, who lettered for the Gophers from 1981-83 and briefly played for the Vikings and Buccaneers through 1985.

Jay said Quinn’s criteria is starting to crystalize, with location near the top of the list.

“He has four or five offers in Florida,” Jay said. “Do you want to go that far away? Do you want to go to USC or UCLA or Stanford? Do you want to go in the SEC, ACC? Location is big thing, and I don’t think he has an answer to that.”

Jay has heard Quinn often mention the importance of his relationship with the head coach, offensive line coach, and strength and conditioning coach.

“It comes down to relationship and trust,” Jay said. “In the end, I think my bet is that is going to tip the scales the most. It’s just like looking for your spouse.

“As a parent, how can you determine who that is going to be? I really don’t know. He has met a lot of really good guys and a lot of impressive coaches, but are they the ones for him?”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/2...uinn-carroll-starting-to-sift-through-offers/

Go Gophers!!

Fleck flying to Lakeville north
1ab304bab61651673c69ac4bc4947938.jpg
1253727fba75613c0464def619e595ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Uh-oh. Now we have to decide whether we continue to ridicule Brewster for this and do the same to Fleck or stop bringing up Brewster's helicopter as a punch line. Tough call.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Uh-oh. Now we have to decide whether we continue to ridicule Brewster for this and do the same to Fleck or stop bringing up Brewster's helicopter as a punch line. Tough call.

Well we know how well it worked for Brew Crew...

It's really windy here. Hope there are no issues flying out...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

One way to wake the sleeping giant is show up to Lakeville in a helicopter:

I thought the same thing. Probably depends on if he lands Quinn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing. Probably depends on if he lands Quinn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wasn't it Beau Allen that said later that he thought it was really cheesy that Brewster did that?

Wasn't it Beau Allen that said later that he thought it was really cheesy that Brewster did that?

Well he hasn't slept at anyone's house yet and I think that too much. Helicopters I'm sure are done nation wide.

Top Bottom