Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207
Results 3,091 to 3,102 of 3102

Quote Originally Posted by GopherNuts View Post
    Grown adults shouldn’t be tweeting at teenagers. Period. This isn’t that difficult.
    No we should talk about them behind their backs on message boards like normal people.

I've sent 2 maybe 3 tweets to gopher players
    All positive, but I still think it was a little strange

so I basically refrain from tweeting recruits, players, etc. I don't even give them a like or retweet

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    No we should talk about them behind their backs on message boards like normal people.
    exactly..

Like when someone asks how you like their "____" and you find it ugly as sin

Looks great

ten minutes later "holy ****, did you see that? ugliest thing on earth"

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    Not even close to management- yuck! Take care of kids with congenital heart disease.

As for not knowing anything about his situation etc I fully admit that's true. I fully admitted that I had no problem with the kid decommiting to look where the grass may be greener. It's the coming back and making a self-absorbed spectacle of his recommitment that rubs me wrong. If you've looked around and want to come back then great- just announce that after mulling it over you've decided the U is the place to be. We don't need a plea for attention for the ultimate announcement. Then again- that's just my take. I hope he's eventually a great player and more importantly a great ambassador for the U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get where you're coming from on this. I'm old, and I don't like it - but this new generation of kids has grown up with the internet, message boards, texting, tweeting, and social media. They basically live their lives on line and in public. and a lot of them (not all) seem to think that everything they do is a big deal, and everyone wants to know about it.

Then, you couple that with the new attitude toward 'commitment.' the word apparently doesn't mean what it used to mean. I propose that instead of verbal commitment, we use the term "verbal declaration." That does not convey the same sense of finality that 'commitment' does.

that way, if a kid gives a verbal declaration, and then changes his mind, instead of "de-commit," we can just say 'rescinded his declaration.'

In short, until they actually sign a letter of intent, it don't mean squat.

Mods - can we clean up this thread?

6. Default

You ever notice when a player committed to a particular school tweets out a request for votes for a particular contest like "Player of the Week" FanPolls? I see it pretty often. Seems like kids committed like a little "love" from the fan-base. I've also seen a lot of kids "like" or retweet comments from fans. But to each their own. If you don't approve of commenting to kids, don't do it. If you're OK with it, do so in a positive manner.

I posted a while back regarding frustration with some posters' projected "air of superiority" because they donate money to the university. It's as if their opinion is more valid and their fandom is elevated because they wrote a check.

I'm not losing sleep over it or anything, but thanks for illustrating my point.

Anyone know if safety Jeremiah Ross is on the radar? He recently de-committed from Cinci, and had a gopher offer. Seems like we could use another safety.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGopher12 View Post
    You ever notice when a player committed to a particular school tweets out a request for votes for a particular contest like "Player of the Week" FanPolls? I see it pretty often. Seems like kids committed like a little "love" from the fan-base. I've also seen a lot of kids "like" or retweet comments from fans. But to each their own. If you don't approve of commenting to kids, don't do it. If you're OK with it, do so in a positive manner.
    Stop being so reasonable!

I do think tweeting at players is strange. I’ve had a couple gophers follow me on Instagram. Likely due to hashtags my wife uses, especially after road games. They’ll like and follow me/us. I think its funny.

I don’t think I’ve ever liked an individual players post. Definitely have liked posts by a gopher team account in regards to a player (player of the week, outstanding game, etc). But I also don’t tweet at pro athletes or anything like that.

I had a friend who played baseball at Valpo. He made a Facebook group encouraging one of Michael Jordan’s kids to attend as they were recruiting him. Can’t rememeber exactly but it was 2006ish. He ended up getting suspended for like 8 games for starting the group.

Default Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenUMNGopher View Post
    What about rules for "fans" as he stated....I think everyone is well aware of rules in place for boosters.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    What the heck is a “booster” anyway? How is a booster and a fan different? Sorry-just noticed the explanations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk