Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

We currently have 8 OVs scheduled for this weekend: https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2019-Football/Visits

King Doerue, a RB out of Texas will be here. He has offers from ND, Texas A&M, TCU, Ole Miss and probably a dozen more. Getting either him or Brock would make a nice RB class. I assume we only take 1 this class as we took 2 in the 2018 and 2017 classes.

We have 3 DTs that will be on campus: Gibson, Blisset and Griffin. In addition to the 2 JUCOs we have committed, I would imagine we want 2 prep DTs as well. We are probably done at DE with Bargy and Harris committed.

Agree with getting one more prep DT alongside the grey shirt Richter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa Nelly! He has 22 offers! Vic Viramontes' transfer may have nudged Jacob Clark more to the Gophers camp.

Great situation to be in.
No legit recruit concerns themselves with 3rd string former juco players. I don't think VV had any bearing in this decision.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No legit recruit concerns themselves with 3rd string former juco players. I don't think VV had any bearing in this decision.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Having only Morgan and Annexstad in front of him does. Had VV been lights outs maybe the outcome would be different.

Looking at the ratings on 247, PJ sure seems to be swinging for the fences more at WR than any other position. I wonder if he feels more emboldened with the Corey Davis notch in his belt?

Looking at the ratings on 247, PJ sure seems to be swinging for the fences more at WR than any other position. I wonder if he feels more emboldened with the Corey Davis notch in his belt?

That and since he played the position, he really likes his WR's. Nothing wrong with that.
Heard Zimmer on KFAN today and he was joking around about how he likes to draft DB's.
Think all coaches have a soft spot for the position they played or the one they coached the most.

Just curious, what makes you think this?

Looks like we are in a dog fight with the pigs down wind for a couple of recruits.

Nice list. That scholly grid is interesting.

Yeah, how many more unannounced departures are going to happen? TDG shows 81 scholies accounted for including the eleven verbal commitments to date.

PJ Fleck had mentioned that we are going to have close to a full 2019 class.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why do a lot of the recruits take pictures in the old jerseys? I have seen that a lot this year...are we still going to wear some of the the old jerseys in addition to the new ones? Or do we just not have enough new ones for recruits?

Does Daniel Faalele have a younger brother or cousins that are of the same girth and height? We need more recruits like him.

Why do a lot of the recruits take pictures in the old jerseys? I have seen that a lot this year...are we still going to wear some of the the old jerseys in addition to the new ones? Or do we just not have enough new ones for recruits?

Maybe they get to pick and the new ones really don't appeal to the kids.... :O

Wholly guacamole! We've got ourselves a DB and an OLB.

Just waiting for RB(s) and DT(s).

It could very well be that recruiting will be pretty well wrapped up by the start of Fall.

Having the new Athletic Village and a salesman for a coach does wonders.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And apparently a third!

Top Bottom