Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Will any of the RBs commit today? I'll take any of the three although like someone said Wiley is the most likely.

I would think Brock will make a decision after he takes his Iowa OV.

Maybe we should instigate the same policy as Iowa. No official visits after making a commitment to the Gophers. Iowa drops their offer if the athlete makes an OV to any other school after committing. Be interesting to see just what would happen.

Maybe we should instigate the same policy as Iowa. No official visits after making a commitment to the Gophers. Iowa drops their offer if the athlete makes an OV to any other school after committing. Be interesting to see just what would happen.

No, then you just get a bunch of kids who have their foot halfway out the door when they step on campus. No point in doing that. If they don't want to come to Minnesota then we shouldn't try to strong arm them. Fleck is doing great as it is ?

I've seen Iowa break this rule in the past.

Does anyone know how many open scholarship spot are left after today?

Do other schools bring in groups of recruits like this for visits at the same time, or is this something PJ and co. came up with? The results are really impressive !

Except Brock hasn't committed to the gophers.

Do other schools bring in groups of recruits like this for visits at the same time, or is this something PJ and co. came up with? The results are really impressive !
For the most part, I agree. While I look more for the offer lists, I'm surprised that the Gophers accepted a commit from a player ranked as low as Robinson. I had hoped to get a commit from Blissett. It isn't just because he is ranked higher than Griffin. It would be nice to get a foothold in NYC, especially at a school like Poly Prep. However, the player I would especially like to add is King Doerue. If he returns home and commits to the Gophers, or if Brock commits here after visiting Iowa, then I would truly be impressed!!

At RB, I wonder if Cameron Wiley's situation is conditional on what Doerue and Brock does. IMHO, he will commit if given the opportunity.

At RB, I wonder if Cameron Wiley's situation is conditional on what Doerue and Brock does. IMHO, he will commit if given the opportunity.

Brock was very excited about visiting, so I'm surprised we have not heard any feedback other than he has two more visits set up and will likely take them. I feel like we're the best fit for him and that he may commit.
Doerue is a Southern boy with offers from his home state. I'd lean towards him not committing. Brock & Wiley seem like the most likely scenario, but I agree - it's a 2 out of 3 thing.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Would love to see us grab Jirehl Brock or Dorue plus one of the other WRs like Rashee Rice or Nnamdi Adim Madumere, and then really focus on snagging another OL (fingers crossed Benhart)

I think it's a very real possibility that Wiley ends up at safety, not running back FWIW

How do you think other coaches respond to the "respect my decision" part of a twitter commitment?

My assumption is zero credence is given, just a change in pitch.

How do you think other coaches respond to the "respect my decision" part of a twitter commitment?

My assumption is zero credence is given, just a change in pitch.

I'm not even sure what that line is supposed to mean. I've seen it used by a lot of croots, maybe is just a tagline or some song lyric.... kids these days listen to a lot of that Jazz stuff, has weird upbeat tempo and strange lyrics...

I'm not even sure what that line is supposed to mean. I've seen it used by a lot of croots, maybe is just a tagline or some song lyric.... kids these days listen to a lot of that Jazz stuff, has weird upbeat tempo and strange lyrics...
Is venture to guess that social media folks are trying to sway his decision. Probably locals.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom