Official 2019 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

How many Defensive Tackles can we possibly take any more? Seems like we've signed 20 in the past 2 years.

It's important to note that they probably have only one more DT they will take this class. They have a few on a visit but it's for 1, maybeeeeee 2 spots.

I also appreciate that we're actually recruiting DT's and trying to build up depth there and the DL as a whole. It's kind of an important position in the Big Ten.

I am happy that they are addressing the defensive line.

Are there any more news on the QB recruiting front? Missing out on Duggan really deflates the QB position. Bachmeier not so much as he would not have come here compliments to dad.

I am happy that they are addressing the defensive line.

Are there any more news on the QB recruiting front? Missing out on Duggan really deflates the QB position. Bachmeier not so much as he would not have come here compliments to dad.

The only one listed as "warm" is Clark. I think that McIvor stays in Texas, Brasch has officials coming up with Cal & SMU and Calzada
has too much interest from schools with better reputations. My guess is that the Gophers wind up with a QB ranked similarly to Kramer.
If Morgan or Annexstad, with the help of better receivers, can provide an effective passing game---then maybe the Gophers can get a 4-star QB in the 2020 class.

The only one listed as "warm" is Clark. I think that McIvor stays in Texas, Brasch has officials coming up with Cal & SMU and Calzada
has too much interest from schools with better reputations. My guess is that the Gophers wind up with a QB ranked similarly to Kramer.
If Morgan or Annexstad, with the help of better receivers, can provide an effective passing game---then maybe the Gophers can get a 4-star QB in the 2020 class.

They need to set up the foundation and show that they do have a passing game that is decent.

Recruits who have interest in MN who have visited or camped recently:

Cameron Wiley, Desert Pines Las Vegas, ATH 6-2 191, 0.8366
Rashee Rice, North Richland Hills Richland TX, WR 6-2 177, 0.8516
Peter Udoibok, CDH St.Paul MN, WR 6-4 200, 0.8299
Fabian McCray, Phillips Academy Chicago IL, WR 6-1 177, 0.8527

How does PJ Fleck fare in large group visits like the one this weekend (is it now 8 or 9 visitors)? I think half the battle is getting these kids to come for a visit. The rest is all PJ Fleck salesmanship.

This weekend visit hopefully will sway Jirehl Brock towards the Gophers. Iowa (strong lean), ISU, MN, NW, and Purdue are in his top five.

An added bonus will be securing a commitment from a DT.

How does PJ Fleck fare in large group visits like the one this weekend (is it now 8 or 9 visitors)? I think half the battle is getting these kids to come for a visit. The rest is all PJ Fleck salesmanship.

This weekend visit hopefully will sway Jirehl Brock towards the Gophers. Iowa (strong lean), ISU, MN, NW, and Purdue are in his top five.

An added bonus will be securing a commitment from a DT.

While I agree with you, I see that King Doerue is also coming. Check out his offer list! Getting a commit from either one would be huge!

While I agree with you, I see that King Doerue is also coming. Check out his offer list! Getting a commit from either one would be huge!

You've got something there that I overlooked. He's packed solid! I'll take either one. What is in Iowa's favor is Jirehl is practically in their backyard. Quincy IL hometown is about two hours away from Iowa City.

Maybe with the two of them at the same visit one of them will stick.

the suspense is killing me!

only thing I can find is Ryan Burns replaying to that tweet with "Fans will like this one...."

Surprise commitment from Benhart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the suspense is killing me!

only thing I can find is Ryan Burns replaying to that tweet with "Fans will like this one...."

not really going out on a limb there! fans like all commitment news.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Commitment from unknown QB Lyle Mitchner .... word has it he has experience but they're not saying what exactly.

All I want to know is how many D1 passes he’s thrown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Tom Brady 2.0, but better.

The only downside is this guy is probabbly going to be drafted #1 even if we red shirt him!

Our class is now 26th nationally:

Go Gophers!!

Cole Kramer has some more competition. Brohm’s offer is a strong endorsement.

Leach too

I think you're referring to Maverick McIvor. I have to admit I'm a little bummed we didn't get him (dual threat athlete, elite QB bloodlines but writing was on wall he was prob going to stay in TX. I'm happy we landed what looks to be a competent at minimum pocket passer.

I think you're referring to Maverick McIvor. I have to admit I'm a little bummed we didn't get him (dual threat athlete, elite QB bloodlines but writing was on wall he was prob going to stay in TX. I'm happy we landed what looks to be a competent at minimum pocket passer.

I liked him too but Clark also did have an offer from Wash St. and Leach.

STrib: Texas quarterback Jacob Clark commits to Gophers for Class of 2019

Clark completed 185 of 295 passes for 2,937 yards and 29 touchdowns with 10 interceptions for Rockwall last year. He also rushed for 125 yards and seven touchdowns.

Clark’s commitment gives the Gophers 11 verbal commitments for the recruiting Class of 2019. On Tuesday, linebacker Ahmad McCullough, who gave Minnesota a verbal commitment in early May but later withdrew his commitment, signed a letter of intent to play for Maryland in the 2018 season. McCullough is a Baltimore native.

With Clark’s commitment, the Gophers’ Class of 2019 is ranked 24th nationally and sixth in the Big Ten in the 247Sports composite ratings.

http://www.startribune.com/texas-qu...mmits-to-gophers-for-class-of-2019/484699111/

Go Gophers!!

We currently have 8 OVs scheduled for this weekend: https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2019-Football/Visits

King Doerue, a RB out of Texas will be here. He has offers from ND, Texas A&M, TCU, Ole Miss and probably a dozen more. Getting either him or Brock would make a nice RB class. I assume we only take 1 this class as we took 2 in the 2018 and 2017 classes.

We have 3 DTs that will be on campus: Gibson, Blisset and Griffin. In addition to the 2 JUCOs we have committed, I would imagine we want 2 prep DTs as well. We are probably done at DE with Bargy and Harris committed.

STrib: Texas quarterback Jacob Clark commits to Gophers for Class of 2019

Clark completed 185 of 295 passes for 2,937 yards and 29 touchdowns with 10 interceptions for Rockwall last year. He also rushed for 125 yards and seven touchdowns.

Clark’s commitment gives the Gophers 11 verbal commitments for the recruiting Class of 2019. On Tuesday, linebacker Ahmad McCullough, who gave Minnesota a verbal commitment in early May but later withdrew his commitment, signed a letter of intent to play for Maryland in the 2018 season. McCullough is a Baltimore native.

With Clark’s commitment, the Gophers’ Class of 2019 is ranked 24th nationally and sixth in the Big Ten in the 247Sports composite ratings.

http://www.startribune.com/texas-qu...mmits-to-gophers-for-class-of-2019/484699111/

Go Gophers!!

Whoa Nelly! He has 22 offers! Vic Viramontes' transfer may have nudged Jacob Clark more to the Gophers camp.

Great situation to be in.

Top Bottom