STrib: Gophers could have another special freshman post player with Eric Curry

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Last week, Curry was one of the most vocal players on the court in the practice opened to the media.

He displayed great basketball IQ and wasn't afraid to correct older players if they were in the wrong place. His passes weren’t always caught. And he didn’t always finish his athletic moves near the basket. But Curry’s vision and offensive skill are apparent.

Pitino has three talented freshmen this season with Curry, former Hopkins star Amir Coffey and former Rochester John Marshall standout Michael Hurt. But Coffey and Hurt are pretty familiar to Gophers fans after finishing 1-2 for Minnesota’s Mr. Basketball award last season.

Curry is a bit of an unknown. There aren't many highlight videos on his senior season. But the four-star recruit played well during the Nike EYBL circuit for the Arkansas Wings last year. He took official visits to Arkansas and Iowa State before committing to the Gophers in September 2015.

“I said it before, I think he’s a 6-8, 6-9 version of Murph,” Pitino said. “I think he’s pretty underrated. I know Amir obviously gets the hype being local. And Michael is local. But I think we got a steal there. He’s got a chance to be special. He makes some moves and doesn’t finish them, and that’s where being a freshmen comes in. But he makes some moves, where you go, ‘Wow.’”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...eshman-post-player-with-eric-curry/396549091/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom