"Matt Limegrover's Nittany Lions line awaits Gophers in Penn State" - Strib

Iceland12

Reaction score
Limegrover and Nittany Lions offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead both are Pittsburgh Central Catholic High School graduates, so Franklin was hopeful for quick chemistry with the man who would become his offensive line coach.

Former Gophers coach Jerry Kill’s recommendation carried a lot weight, too. Limegrover worked with Kill for 17 years, including 15 years as offensive coordinator and offensive line coach.

“I have just so much respect for Jerry Kill and his entire career,” Franklin said Tuesday. “I had a conversation with Jerry and how he felt about Matt.”

The history with the Gophers might make Saturday’s Minnesota-Penn State game a bit emotional for Limegrover, who wasn’t made available by Penn State for interviews this week.

“I imagine with Matt being let go, he’d love to do well,” Kill said...

Limegrover recognized the issues his offense was having last year. The Gophers ranked 13th in the Big Ten in scoring offense (22.6 points) and 12th in total offense (357 yards per game) at the time.

“Obviously, we didn’t do as well as we needed to, or I’d still have a job,” Limegrover said last November. “But from a standpoint of being an offensive line coach and being a coordinator, that took a lot out of me. And I got to the point, I didn’t know if I was doing either one particularly well.”

Kill said Limegover approached him during the season about how difficult it was to wear two hats as coordinator and line coach. Kill resigned for health reasons in late October last year before he could make any changes to help his longtime assistant.

http://www.startribune.com/matt-lim...-line-awaits-gophers-in-penn-state/395356241/

SO MUCH TRYING TO MAKE STORY LINE STICK! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

They are trying really hard to make this into something that it's not.

If Limegrover has zero blood boiling to get this win then i'm glad he's gone. I'm from the Lombardi branch of coaching/playing...step on the gas/throat and never let off.

They are trying really hard to make this into something that it's not.

In fairness to the media this isn't a matchup full of compelling storylines so they are just trying to fill space leading up to the game. The Limegrover/Claeys dynamic is at least a little interesting given their long history working together and the fact that Claeys fired him just last year and now they are face to face again. But yeah as far as stories go it is pretty weak.

If Limegrover has zero blood boiling to get this win then i'm glad he's gone. I'm from the Lombardi branch of coaching/playing...step on the gas/throat and never let off.

That explains your approach to Mitch- got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That explains your approach to Mitch- got it

not really. My opinion is that Mitch is mediocre at best. If he is everything you want in a 5th yr starter that's terrific.

not really. My opinion is that Mitch is mediocre at best. If he is everything you want in a 5th yr starter that's terrific.

I bought into the ML hype... He's a little above average at best and probably not going to be drafted ,like I thought, when my maroon and gold eyes deceived me ..

I bought into the ML hype... He's a little above average at best and probably not going to be drafted ,like I thought, when my maroon and gold eyes deceived me ..

He's not going to be drafted? Have you seen some of the quarterbacks that get drafted? Even this piece of crap somehow got drafted.

I missed the game. did mitcheroo deliver anything above mediocrity?

Let me reiterate,

Claeys wanted the job to keep the staff intact to hold onto recruits.
Immediately fires limey, subsequently losing good recruits, and in return we get virtually the same offense....

Did I add that up right??

Let me reiterate,

Immediately fires limey, subsequently losing good recruits, and in return we get virtually the same offense....

Nope. He pushed a few recruits out, added a few others, and signed our best class in years.

Let me reiterate,

We didn't change into a spread/hurry up offense or anything but the play calling and sets we run are certainly different.

Or do you mean virtually the same as far as success offensively? We've scored at least 26 points in every game this year. Last year we did that just 5 out of 13 games. Our offense has improved.

Top Bottom