MN Daily: Richardson improves to reach elite level

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

Before the Colorado State game, junior linebacker Jonathan Celestin said he told junior defensive tackle Steven Richardson that he owed him some tackles for a loss of yards (TFLs).

Richardson took that to heart.The junior defensive lineman had one of his best career games that Saturday and totaled four TFLs to cause problems all day for Colorado State’s offense.

A “disrupter,” as defensive coordinator Jay Sawvel calls him, Richardson has played at an elite level all season and has demonstrated his quickness on the pass-rush and run defense.

“He was consistently in the backfield, and … that creates an issue that maybe some people don’t always count on, scheme-wise,” Sawvel said. “Having the ability to have a guy who can do that is a big benefit.”Richardson leads the team with five TFLs and is already closing in on his total of eight from last year. Richardson has stepped up since last year and has garnered large-scale attention.

“I notice [the national attention],” Richardson said. “I send it to my mom. Made her smile a little bit, but it's going to be a long season. Far away if anything happens.”

http://www.mndaily.com/article/2016/09/richardson-improves-to-reach-elite-level

Go Gophers!!

Teams aren't running up the middle. Anyone got a breakdown on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom